FATAL FRAME 3 {NTSC & NTSC+UNDUB} HD REMASTER

SomberTwilight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.02: Experimental font, Walls altered to appear less sharp, floors retextured, and over all quality changes.

New Costume "Red Rei and stockings"
Fatal Frame 3 - The Tormented_SLUS-21244_20230121204025.png

1.01: Removed empty black images made by ghosts when trying to dump textures. Dropped file size from 2 gigs to a 313mb with the assistance of Janley. It's almost like the ghosts don't like their pictures being taken...

This is my completed version of the title, one of my absolute favorite games and included some extra skins to go throughout the story with. I use HITPAW for most of my work, and the rest is just pure talent. I hope you enjoy, see you in the manor of sleep.

LINK https://mega.nz/file/gA1kkYIa#HqlhzB-K-wZHagqk_aQOh6Qy6eEAEaAm3DVBga7ItOw
LINK COSTUMES:https://mega.nz/file/BBtXlAiS#qWNMrawU_knLzuPqcrSzWFJcJHWfetJoZNBNdDvkjSY

FOOTAGE:

Brand new character icons and ui touch up for all characters and menu's.
Fatal Frame 3 - The Tormented_SLUS-21244_20230116145300.png
Texture overhaul of all locations in the game, alongside some personal touches to rooms that desperately needed it.
Fatal Frame 3 - The Tormented_SLUS-21244_20230114103231.pngFatal Frame 3 - The Tormented_SLUS-21244_20230114103222.png

Tattoo'd versions of both Rei and Miku.

Fatal Frame 3 - The Tormented_SLUS-21244_20230116144018.pngFatal Frame 3 - The Tormented_SLUS-21244_20230115082238.png

Last edited by SomberTwilight,

Bl4ckH4nd

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Very nice looking pack.

Just a word of advice, you have a few vram dumps and blank texture files that were upscaled as well, which is bloating the pack, removing them can reduce the size to around 1.67gb :)

evanft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice looking pack.

@Janley, maybe use this as a jumping off point? I think it looks better than panda_venom's.

Just a word of advice, you have a few vram dumps and blank texture files that were upscaled as well, which is bloating the pack, removing them can reduce the size to around 1.67gb :)
Which files were blank?

EDIT: Figured it out. Delete anything with 80802241 or 80802641 in the file name. Should knock out a few hundred files.

Last edited by evanft,
Reactions: Janley

SomberTwilight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice looking pack.

yeah, I had trouble with my newest version of my editor, and it started mass renaming files. Previously, it had quite a few copies of the blue menu screen mass dumping which were 5mb an image. I originally deleted that and it turned it into 1.67 originally, but I just kept on. I apologize for the excessive amount of nullified imagery.

Bl4ckH4nd

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
yeah, I had trouble with my newest version of my editor, and it started mass renaming files. Previously, it had quite a few copies of the blue menu screen mass dumping which were 5mb an image. I originally deleted that and it turned it into 1.67 originally, but I just kept on. I apologize for the excessive amount of nullified imagery.
No worries, it happens, my first few packs had so many issues. The one ended up being over 6gb and once I sorted it, I got it down to around 2,2gb

Janley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Very nice looking pack.

@Janley, maybe use this as a jumping off point? I think it looks better than panda_venom's.

Which files were blank?

EDIT: Figured it out. Delete anything with 80802241 or 80802641 in the file name. Should knock out a few hundred files.

Is this pack incomplete???
Post automatically merged:

Also from what I'm seeing in the previews this looks really good awesome work @SomberTwilight

Last edited by Janley,

SomberTwilight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also from what I'm seeing in the previews this looks really good awesome work @SomberTwilight
it's not incomplete. I finished it, right as I posted it and realized you were planning on something similar. I made mine from the ground up, and thank you, I appreciate it. Thank you as well for finishing 1 and 2

Bl4ckH4nd

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa

I'm sorry, bit of a miscommunication, sometimes when dumping textures, there will be blank files, which can safely be removed.

I simply meant that there were a few in the pack. Even when blank, they can still take up space :)

failmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know what happened, but i think an update to pcsx2 broke some textures to be see through?

Fatal Frame III - The Tormented_SLUS-21244_20240403204756.png

Last edited by failmore,

SadOrigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
i dont know what happened, but i think an update to pcsx2 broke some textures to be see through?

View attachment 429723
That's because every couple of updates the textures id's change and packs become incompatible. So you should download an older build of PCSX2 and see if it works.
asaasasasas.png

failmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because every couple of updates the textures id's change and packs become incompatible. So you should download an older build of PCSX2 and see if it works.
View attachment 429745
well thats super annoying :( newer releases of pcsx2 tend to fix a lot of things

well thats super annoying :( newer releases of pcsx2 tend to fix a lot of things...also it says a new stable is coming out soon so hopefully packs get updated

SadOrigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
well thats super annoying :( newer releases of pcsx2 tend to fix a lot of things
Apparently, from what they said to me, the id names of the textures are not a problem anymore. The new problem is the alpha transparency of the textures (a thing they've never paid attention to). This means that now unless we match the transparency of the textures on the packs with the one on the original textures, we might encounter problems. We'll have to test and see...

failmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, from what they said to me, the id names of the textures are not a problem anymore. The new problem is the alpha transparency of the textures (a thing they've never paid attention to). This means that now unless we match the transparency of the textures on the packs with the one on the original textures, we might encounter problems. We'll have to test and see...

oh, so basically every texture that isnt matching needs to be updated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: