Hacking Nintendont

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i do have ios58 installed on my wii already but not the correct one.so looking on my wii isnt gonna help me out. but not too worry im sure ill work it out by myself later (hope) lol

Yes, use the Wii ios you need on your vWii. Others have done this. It will work very well. Check back with the results. Still need to try this instead of read.[/quote]

im abit skeptical about adding the vwii ios58 to the normall wii. where have u read this?

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No compatibility with my partitioned hard drive here. Hopefully it get's supported correctly soon, but I understand that it is a beta.

Going to try a flash drive out for kicks. I'll edit my post whether it works or not.

Edit: Ah, you know what? My Gamecube (Devolution) partition on my Hard Drive is FAT32 and Nintendont is looking for FAT. I don't think I could swap formats of the partition and keep Devolution working properly, so unless Nintendont can support FAT32 at some point I may have to always use a separate storage medium or partition.

Edit 2: Well, pretty much all my Flash Drives are 8GB which is too large for a FAT partition I suppose. I think I'm just going to wait a little while longer until this becomes more compatible. Considering every link ever for this thing has been killed (Even the webpage that it was originally hosted on no longer provides the file) I'm just going to go ahead and say it wasn't supposed to see the light of day.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, use the Wii ios you need on your vWii. Others have done this. It will work very well. Check back with the results. Still need to try this instead of read.

im abit skeptical about adding the vwii ios58 to the normall wii. where have u read this?[/quote]I forget the thread but there are a few...may not even be on this site. You can use Wii ios on vWii for some of the ios. I think the one you need is one of them. Try it out.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh well at least we know it's possible, I have another question regarding Nintendont though, does it support real memory card yet and if no are there any plans to implement that at some point?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well at least we know it's possible, I have another question regarding Nintendont though, does it support real memory card yet and if no are there any plans to implement that at some point?
About ios80, don't install it. I mis-read:evil: Don't install any ios from Wii (to vWii). NOT possible and I am surprised nobody else corrected that.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I forget the thread but there are a few...may not even be on this site. You can use Wii ios on vWii for some of the ios. I think the one you need is one of them. Try it out.

isnt their a rule about giving people the wrong information intentionally?? seeing as since the wii u has had its small existing homebrew community im sure you have been telling people not to install ios's from wii too vwii and the otherway around??
why do you think i asked what fairy forum uve been reading from

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There, there are non I've read. I misunderstood threads other places (sites). Where people talked about it. I realized it and came back to point that out. People make mistakes...such as spelling. Hope you get the right file. They make threads so ask about your issue in those.

Ha ha, ios58, not 80.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if bluetooth is possible.

I could try to add it, however Nintendont replaces the IOS so how do we get access to bluetooth driver when it isn't in memory ???

I wonder if there's any source code for the bluetooth chip driver in the Wii U

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The version of nintendont usb you guys got now shouldn't be on gbatemp. Just made it for some ppl that wondered how hard it would be to make it work from an usb device.

I never planned to release anything of this to the public myself. The app out now was meant for our team members only and the source of it was meant to be only shared with the nintendont crew members after I was done playing with it. That way the team could use and release all they want from it themself.

Since the app is out now I will throw what I did upto the released version on a googlecode project repo within the next 3 days. When that is done the nintendont team members can contact me and I will hand over the ownership of the repo to them.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The version of nintendont usb you guys got now shouldn't be on gbatemp. Just made it for some ppl that wondered how hard it would be to make it work from an usb device.

I never planned to release anything of this to the public myself. The app out now was meant for our team members only and the source of it was meant to be only shared with the nintendont crew members after I was done playing with it. That way the team could use and release all they want from it themself.

Since the app is out now I will throw what I did upto the released version on a googlecode project repo within the next 3 days. When that is done the nintendont team members can contact me and I will hand over the ownership of the repo to them.
Thank you for the clarification.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah that was the problem for me on the wiiu it only works on the upper back door the front doors are useless for nintendont and overjoy i think we can all thank you for everything you did even if it was leaked before time that was some good work most ppl couldnt test alot of games due to sd cards not being as much used as usb sticks and hdds which everyone has and more than one.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One port can only be used for hdd.. It should release the other ports so you can use them for the hid devices. If the front ports don;t work for hid devices it needs a fix

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most ppl with usb issues are using the wrong port. Since I don't own a WiiU myself i'm not sure about this, but afaik they should use the upper port in the back

Most devices should work fine (even devices with 4k sector size)

I'm using a regular Wii and neither port would work for me. Neither my FAT32 hard drive partition or a fresh Flash Drive would work.

This is providing that Nintendont supports FAT32. I couldn't successfully format my 8GB flash drive to FAT.

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It tells me it cannot find the FAT drive and then it exits the program.

I'll give it another shot tonight using a different cluster size. It may have been set too high. I cannot recall off-hand what the cluster size for the partition on my Hard Drive is, so I'll try the Flash Drive first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH