Hacking Nintendont

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 tb seagate hd on wii u, usb in back top spot when laying flat.
Loads up, then tells me "NO GAMES FOUND!"
Got my copy of sunshine in :usb/games, renamed game.iso (though, from what I've read from people who have gotten it working, this isn't needed).
I have the feeling beta 5 was just for beta testers and since this version seems to have different dsp compatibility than the sd version, It kind of needs it's own thread, imo. To be honest, since Crediar isnt working on this anymore, Nintendon't vanilla really needs a new thread also, or at the very least, links to the newest, up to date versions of nintendont so the most amount of people could help in the efforts of compatibility testing as opposed to having to frankenstein older versions together with new, ever evolving source themselves. Im not saying it's hard. Im just saying its a detriment to the flow of the progress of this project if you want people to test it out though. I need to get a new sd card already...the wii u always seems to have a hard time with slow read speed usb hdds...oh well.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Overjoy is also the one who did most of the wii neek2o stuff..
He released some Beta's of that as well, but never the sources for those beta's.
AbdallahTerro might be one of his testers who couldn't resist releasing...?
Or maybe he got permission to release...?

Reactions: Taleweaver

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overjoy is also the one who did most of the wii neek2o stuff..
He released some Beta's of that as well, but never the sources for those beta's.
AbdallahTerro might be one of his testers who couldn't resist releasing...?
Or maybe he got permission to release...?

He's still violating the license, I don't care what his reasoning it, the sources must be released :P

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is moving along nicely. Usb support, sound improving, etc. The gpl and other talk is dumb. I follow this and people.should be excited. Maybe the one improving it wants no credit and has no need to be a "media whore.". They obviously are delivering anyway so respect the privacy.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is moving along nicely. Usb support, sound improving, etc. The gpl and other talk is dumb. I follow this and people.should be excited. Maybe the one improving it wants no credit and has no need to be a "media whore.". They obviously are delivering anyway so respect the privacy.
I think you are right Ray, that is the OverjoY i know anyway..

Reactions: Ray Lewis

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are right Ray, that is the OverjoY i know anyway..

So he's the one that's working on it as well? Interesting. No one's denying that it's a great breakthrough, to see more games with working sound, but, is that really the reason he doesn't want to release the source code? Why won't he allow people to fix the compatibility of the remaining games, so we can end up getting stuck with stagnant program doomed to never progress?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download link for usb version has been removed dont know if its temporary or what?

It was removed by a mod since there was no released source, as stated in post #274http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/page-14#post-4948913
"Your linked site needs to have releases source code or a link to the source code. Ill give you some time to add them, but if those links dont show up, ill be forced to remove your links." Sounds like a permanent removal until the source is released which OverjoY didn't do as per the license requirements.

Withholding source isn't the smartest thing to do, but no one's denying the progress.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download link for usb version has been removed dont know if its temporary or what?

no one has removed abz pack from his signature or his dropbox, so its not as though you cant still download it.

Withholding source isn't the smartest thing to do, but no one's denying the progress.
A leak huh? Interesting. Well, the important thing is sound's getting better.
after being the owner/committer of 4 googlecode projects i'm sure that the guy who put together nintendontUSB has plans before handing out his work.

after having an app shared in this manner and seeing the ungratefulness of many, would you shelf posting the source and/or additions you made to a project or even share any of the modifications to the source?

in my opinion:
complaining about source isn't the smartest thing to do, but no one's denying the lunacy.
some of us are just happy to eat the apple without needing to look at the tree first.

(i am kinda curious if you would even know what your looking at if you saw the source code)

Adeka:
USB support isn't very important at this point in time. Once all dsp versions have been fixed then maybe someone will look into adding usb support.​
Bleh, we need USB support because games run faster (and possibly better), therefor it is high on my list...also i think if USB support is there, it becomes more interesting for others, maybe even some coders that do not want to help with nintendont at this point.
seems pretty important to many and sure 'lite a fire' in the thread again

I don't think it's a simple matter of adding USB code like that, I'd love to see it too, but I need to be realistic. Game compat and DSP implementation is more vital.

after getting dsp fixed and simply having USB code added , contrary to what you thought....

Source? AFAIK, that wasn't going to be implemented for a while. How did this get released? There's something not right here.

Is it really hard for people to patiently wait?
.... to get the source now i ask you,
'cuz , There's something not right here.
Is it really hard for people to patiently wait? (to get the source)

thanks OJ great work :bow:

Reactions: MassiveRican

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was removed by a mod since there was no released source, as stated in post #274http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/page-14#post-4948913
"Your linked site needs to have releases source code or a link to the source code. Ill give you some time to add them, but if those links dont show up, ill be forced to remove your links." Sounds like a permanent removal until the source is released which OverjoY didn't do as per the license requirements.

Seriously dude, stop instigating this whole thing. First you bitch and moan about unknown source, then say the following
A leak huh? Interesting. Well, the important thing is sound's getting better.
Once a name gets mentioned, you start this whole sh*t again.

So he's the one that's working on it as well? Interesting. No one's denying that it's a great breakthrough, to see more games with working sound, but, is that really the reason he doesn't want to release the source code? Why won't he allow people to fix the compatibility of the remaining games, so we can end up getting stuck with stagnant program doomed to never progress?
If it's so important to you, take this http://www.xda-developers.com/android/have-you-paid-your-linux-kernel-source-license-fee/ and go nuts.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If it wasn't suposed to come out yet, I can understand there are no sources.
However, it doesn't help the project much if everybody works on his own eiland.
Sometimes, others might spot minor bugs and might be able to give assistance, something that can speedup development.
Obviously, this also means that you lose part of the credit for your creation.
Unless you program to make money, or you are afraid others might mess up your creation (and usually you get the blame for it),
I see no reason why the sources shouldn't be released.
Let's focus on nintendont. This is starting to derail.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
and with that all said and done. could somebody plzz point me in the correct direction on how to update ios58 to version v24.32 on the wii. mine is incompatable with nintendont

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and with that all said and done. could somebody plzz point me in the correct direction on how to update ios58 to version v24.32 on the wii. mine is incompatable with nintendont

Use modmii to download ios58 wad and use a wad manager to install. You might need to reinstall the hbc cuz when you mess with ios 58 it turns your hbc upside down.

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Use modmii to download ios58 wad and use a wad manager to install. You might need to reinstall the hbc cuz when you mess with ios 58 it turns your hbc upside down.

thank you dude. its much appriciated i new i probable had to reinstall the homebrew channel (i have googled everywhere and not had any proper leads)

i shall start testing nintendont abit later tonight :)

modmii only supplys
  • IOS58-64-v6176??

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To my knowledge, the vwii ios58 problems and their solution are described at the beginning of this topic. The problem existed with crediar's versions of nintendont as well.

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
im trying to use it on a normall wii. i do have a wii u with me but wanted it running on the wii so its quicker for testing things (when it crashes i dont have to boot back up into vwii mode) lol

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Makes sense. Are you having trouble to find the correct ios58 wad, or having trouble to install it?
(Or maybe worm28 cleared those things up already?)
Shouldn't nus downloader at least give you an option to download the correct version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1