Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have sworn the Wii U couldn't get the proper power for the data cable, where does the aux power plug into? Where did you buy your Y-cable for the My Passport? Could you explain just how it's set up for the HDD? So the data cable is plugged in the top back port, while the extra power is plugged into the top front USB? I'm curious where you got an extension or your cable.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the help of airline38 I managed to fix EVERY problem I was having with NintendontUSB

I should bring this up to....ALOT of games have lost compatibility

~Kirby Air Ride: Freezes when you click any button
~Tales of Symphonia: Freezes when you skip the opening
~All Mario Party games: freeze getting to the start menu

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd have sworn the Wii U couldn't get the proper power for the data cable, where does the aux power plug into? Where did you buy your Y-cable for the My Passport? Could you explain just how it's set up for the HDD? So the data cable is plugged in the top back port, while the extra power is plugged into the top front USB? I'm curious where you got an extension or your cable.

y cable here: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005M0ICG2/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1. data end of y cable plugs into back top port
1b. power end of y data cable front usb (either one in front)
2. usb ps3 in bottom back port
3. no sd needed (optional everything else on usb as it was on sd

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the help of airline38 I managed to fix EVERY problem I was having with NintendontUSB

Dang it, those were literally pretty much all the games I wanted to use Nintendont USB for if I ever managed to get it working.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang it, those were literally pretty much all the games I wanted to use Nintendont USB for if I ever managed to get it working.

believe me there's a lot more that stopped working

once we get this usb thing sorted, maybe someone will fix them again. They should be easy fixes since they worked in prior versions

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y cable here: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005M0ICG2/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1. data end of y cable plugs into back top port
1b. power end of y data cable front usb (either one in front)
2. usb ps3 in bottom back port
3. no sd needed (optional everything else on usb as it was on sd

Wait, that's the exact same one I have...odd. I didn't think it was long enough. Did you have to use an extender? I bought that exact cable, but uh, it's not long enough. The power end of the USB cable is only, what, four inches long at best? That's not long enough to plug one in the front and one in the back.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
too easy ! the y cable getting power from front wiiU usb port , but i had to add a small usb extention cable.

i tried and succeeded using nintendontusb with 1 of my western digital my passport usb3 2tb hdd formated to fat32 and used the y cable to get power from the front wiiU usb port while the data end of the y cable was plugged into the top back port .... plugged my ps3 controller in the back bottom port so now i have room to put the whole usa collection + pal and japanese exclusives on this one HDD and test any game i find fitting
[/spoiler]
used spoiler tags for Etheboss incase he see's this

Wait, that's the exact same one I have...odd. I didn't think it was long enough. Did you have to use an extender? I bought that exact cable, but uh, it's not long enough. The power end of the USB cable is only, what, four inches long at best? That's not long enough to plug one in the front and one in the back.

yes an extention .. pulled it out of my lap top bag ... it is nice to have extra cheap cables laying around

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

weird 'cuz kirby works in vWii nintendontusb beta4 with horrible sound , but no freezing.... but i can confirm it is now crashing on any button press in nintendont beta7

and about external hdd with own power?

i would say your better off ... i prefer hdd's to have there own power supply with consoles , but like the wd passports for wdlive and pc

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
why pl asking for so manny wierd things for the usb version? heck i only connected my hdd to the upper back port of the wiiu and the ps3 controller with the cable it comes with to the lower usb on the back aswhell and it works, dkn why everyone keeps trying to make things more complicated than they are

Reactions: infidelity

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to do what airline38 suggested, now game list appears fine even with SD card inserted, Nintendont doesn't crash on the game list screen anymore, but every time I try to load a game I get an error message and it sends me back to the HBC anybody knows why?

I'm using a white Wii and a WD My Passport 1TB HDD formatted to Fat32 32 cluster and all my games are Dios-Mios/Devo format and work fine on both!

Edit: oh and I'm using a regular GC controller and a Memory Card so no controller.ini file inserted, running games with Nintendont on SD worked fine before!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
why pl asking for so manny wierd things for the usb version? heck i only connected my hdd to the upper back port of the wiiu and the ps3 controller with the cable it comes with to the lower usb on the back aswhell and it works, dkn why everyone keeps trying to make things more complicated than they are
The Wii U doesn't put out enough power out of it's USB slot to power up The_Randomizer's HDD. So people that that don't have USB HDD's that have a power supply need to use a Y-cable so that the hard drive actually spins up. Since Y-cables are short he needs an extender so he can plugin one of the ends to the front USB port that way he can also plug in the PS3 controller into the lower back port or else NintendontUSB won't work.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U doesn't put out enough power out of it's USB slot to power up The_Randomizer's HDD. So people that that don't have USB HDD's that have a power supply need to use a Y-cable so that the hard drive actually spins up. Since Y-cables are short he needs an extender so he can plugin one of the ends to the front USB port that way he can also plug in the PS3 controller into the lower back port or else NintendontUSB won't work.

At least that I can get one for like, 3 bucks and go that route; I'm glad I'm not totally screwed over lol. Failing that, I can use an original Wii with just one cable and a gamecube controller :D

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I can't believe randomizer makes all the sorts of posts he's done with this/source code and for example all that retroarch/resolution stuff, yet doesn't know how to properly use a Y-cable or anything....:lol:
But I digress... yeah the usb version currently breaks more than it fixes. However, things can only get better for both that and the sd version - keep up the fantastic work guys! :D

Please don't bring that up, I don't really appreciate it ;) Anyways, My Y-cable needs an extension, so I just get one from Amazon. :P

hobblinharry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, new user here. I have a Wii U and am trying to use whichever release is available for download off of the first page (r38?). Anyway, I can't seem to get Nintendont to work. The app loads fine in the homebrew channel and it sees 3 of 3 games I have put on my SD card. Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2, Twiglight Princess, and Mario Party 7 (all USA versions). I can navigate the Nintendont menu fine and can even toggle game settings (but I am leaving them as default). I have also verfied the MD5 checksum of each iso to make sure everything is correct. However, when I try to run ANY of them (even Mario Party 7 which according to the compatibility chart looks to work fine), the games never load. They start to load and then hang at "Loading patched kernal... 4"

What am I missing here. Is it the version I'm using?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, new user here. I have a Wii U and am trying to use whichever release is available for download off of the first page (r38?). Anyway, I can't seem to get Nintendont to work. The app loads fine in the homebrew channel and it sees 3 of 3 games I have put on my SD card. Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2, Twiglight Princess, and Mario Party 7 (all USA versions). I can navigate the Nintendont menu fine and can even toggle game settings (but I am leaving them as default). I have also verfied the MD5 checksum of each iso to make sure everything is correct. However, when I try to run ANY of them (even Mario Party 7 which according to the compatibility chart looks to work fine), the games never load. They start to load and then hang at "Loading patched kernal... 4"

What am I missing here. Is it the version I'm using?

HID error

you need a compatible controller with the correct controller.ini in the root of your sd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/6/25/julian-assange-is-free-wikileaks-founder-freed-in-deal-w...