Hacking Nintendont

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
since i never saw anyone complain i never played it for myself and alot of ppl passed the entire game and said nothing it could be a region speed up only? what version pal or ntsc? some pal games like resident evil4 and killer 7 do have speed ups if you select 50Hz for instance.

The speed up (metal gear solid twin snakes) is so minor Im amazed anyone ever noticed like I said I had to go back and forth a few times to convince myself . It wasnt that nintendont felt too fast, more like the original felt too slow after getting used to nintendont. If anything nintendont provides an improvement!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I haven't forced widescreen. I think the only thing that is turned on is memory card emulation. I'm also using full, single ISO (not compressed) files.

Nintendont version is 2.277 I think. It should be the most recent since I updated it while I was on.
the error has ocurred issue is due to fail to get data from the usb/SD my guess is they fail to transfer stuff imo or has a forced sleep mode or whatever.

Yeah I'm shrinking the ISO.

When I didnt shrink it Pikmin wouldnt work at all, same with Weegees mansion.

shrinked isos arent recomended really, they have all sort of issues you should use full isos 1.35gb ones md5 checked and have all the settings on default before trying to force stuff on them, most ppl like to force widescreen, progressive and videomodes and then complain they dont work.

No it isn't. Virtua Striker 2002 is a NAOMI 2/ Triforce game. Anyways I just tried it on Nintendont and it resulted in the system turning off.

virtua striker 2002 was released as a normal gamecube game and that game works perfectly on nintendont, when a wii shuts down is becuase nintendont couldnt even patch the iso itself.

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hey I recently downloaded Nintendont on my USB stick along with the Homebrew Channel. I also downloaded two games (Super Smash Bros. Melee and Digimon Rumble Arena 2).

For some reason, even though Nintendont seems to load itself fine, and load these games fine, they have a tendency to crash at completely random times. The message I get is always "An Error has occurred. Please turn off your Gamecube and refer to the manual for further instructions." Why does this keep happening? I have memory card emulation on, set to 123 blocks (I had it set to 251 blocks but thought lowering it might help the freezing. Not sure if it did, but it still does freeze randomly, usually within 15 minutes of the game being turned on).

I remember getting that message a lot with real gamecube discs that were scratched (BTW people, did you know special devices can repair your discs? I didn't and it's great because I could finish my Baten Kaitos this way, anyway...), maybe your iso was not copied correctly, or could it be the hard drive? I'd recommend to try another iso first?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The Arcade version is a Naomi, you need a Dreamcast emulator for that.

The new update is amazing, only game that gives me black screen now when the bios are set is Peach Castle, I use an earlier version of Nintendont (2.265) for it, however I have noticed that selecting a game with the loader it takes a while to boot but with USBLGX it boots right away, does this happen to anyone else?
just give me that game's ID

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a problem with Nintendont not keeping settings toggled correctly. As an example, I'll go in and set Auto Boot so I can load from another launcher, but the setting for Auto Boot never stays set to true. it's the same for all the other settings. It seems at random points it WILL keep a setting, but not always and not for long. Completely unpredictable. Is there a settings file I can edit manually that I haven't seen? Otherwise, what the heck is wrong with Nintendont?

cybercuate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I play two players with this?

ps2-usb-adapter-01.jpg

- How?
- Im loading games from SD card
- I have a ps2controller.ini that Im already using and I can play with my dualshock2 pluged to ONE of the ports but the other one is not working
- the ps2controller.ini works fine and have rumble feature
- the ps2controller.ini says this

[PS2 Controller]
VID=0810
PID=0001
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
MultiIn=1
MultiInValue=01
Power=6,10
A=5,20
B=5,40
X=5,10
Y=5,80
Z=6,08
L=6,01
R=6,02
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=3,1A,100
StickY=4,1A,100
CStickX=2,1A,100
CStickY=1,1A,100
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0
Rumble=1
RumbleType=0
RumbleDataLen=05
RumbleDataOn=01,00,00,7F,7F
RumbleDataOff=01,00,00,00,00
RumbleTransferLen=05
RumbleTransfers=1

- both ports works fine, I use them in PC and I can play two players, but in Wii it only works one of them...
- HID multiplayer is supported yet? (l mean USB-hub?)
ENU-4USB_pdt_main_090112.png

- Can I plug Dualshock3 or 360 gamepads via usb to this and play mario kart 4 player??
- using the latest version, updated via nintendont interface in wii

No Honor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the error has ocurred issue is due to fail to get data from the usb/SD my guess is they fail to transfer stuff imo or has a forced sleep mode or whatever.

Could it be that my USB stick isn't powerful enough? I've read that USB sticks (and SD cards) have a speed transfer limit in addition to their capacity limit.

My USB Stick is 8GB (it has a 'T' symbol and says Transcend). No idea where to check the quality of speed transfer though.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Could it be that my USB stick isn't powerful enough? I've read that USB sticks (and SD cards) have a speed transfer limit in addition to their capacity limit.

My USB Stick is 8GB (it has a 'T' symbol and says Transcend). No idea where to check the quality of speed transfer though.
no idea tbh but if you are on the wiiu its a known fact that the usb is severely underpowered most ppl go for the y cable stuff if they dont have a self powered hdd, but speed could also be the issue maybe its to slow to give data after awhile.

No Honor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: The USB stick being used is JetFlash Transcend 8GB USB Device.

I did a speed test on it after a google search.

Reading Speed: 27.54 MB/Sec

Writing Speed: 4.93 MB/Sec

Is this adequate for running Gamecube games, or is the speed the problem and causing the random freezing/crashing?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
guys anyone wanna help out updating the compat list?
http://pastebin.com/niWa9wj4

most of these issues need to be revised since they are probably fixed long ago but the ppl that entered those games abandoned them and never updated them in ages so everyone who cans please retest them and update the compat list acordingly or say your test results here.

No Honor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no idea tbh but if you are on the wiiu its a known fact that the usb is severely underpowered most ppl go for the y cable stuff if they dont have a self powered hdd, but speed could also be the issue maybe its to slow to give data after awhile.

I'm using an actual Wii, not a Wii U/vWii. Is an SD Card also better than a USB stick in general?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm using an actual Wii, not a Wii U/vWii. Is an SD Card also better than a USB stick?
no idea i know sd cards are usualy slower tough but just for the sack of everything you should say your full setup all settings on nintendont the version iso md5 check and everything just incase something missed your eye since the usb speed seems okay imo.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I play two players with this?

ps2-usb-adapter-01.jpg

- How?
- Im loading games from SD card
- I have a ps2controller.ini that Im already using and I can play with my dualshock2 pluged to ONE of the ports but the other one is not working
- the ps2controller.ini works fine and have rumble feature
- the ps2controller.ini says this

[PS2 Controller]
VID=0810
PID=0001
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
MultiIn=1
MultiInValue=01
Power=6,10
A=5,20
B=5,40
X=5,10
Y=5,80
Z=6,08
L=6,01
R=6,02
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=3,1A,100
StickY=4,1A,100
CStickX=2,1A,100
CStickY=1,1A,100
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0
Rumble=1
RumbleType=0
RumbleDataLen=05
RumbleDataOn=01,00,00,7F,7F
RumbleDataOff=01,00,00,00,00
RumbleTransferLen=05
RumbleTransfers=1

- both ports works fine, I use them in PC and I can play two players, but in Wii it only works one of them...
- HID multiplayer is supported yet? (l mean USB-hub?)
ENU-4USB_pdt_main_090112.png

- Can I plug Dualshock3 or 360 gamepads via usb to this and play mario kart 4 player??
- using the latest version, updated via nintendont interface in wii
If Multiplayer works with this adapter is unknown. Prior to 1 week ago it wasent tested at all. sence then 2 others have asked about it. neather was able to get it to work they booth had very different thing happen but could not get it to work. Try changing
MultiIn=1 to MultiIn=2
I only expect rumble to work on the first controller.
if that dosent work try changing
Rumble=1 to Rumble=0
to disable rumble compleatly.

Nintendont does not currently support usb hubs.

No Honor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no idea i know sd cards are usualy slower tough but just for the sack of everything you should say your full setup all settings on nintendont the version iso md5 check and everything just incase something missed your eye since the usb speed seems okay imo.

Setup: Nintendo Wii (Red, roughly 2010 if I had to guess) with JetFlash Transcend 8GB USB Device. This device has the following folders on root: apps, not64, PSXISOS, snes9xgx, games, saves, controllers, nincfg (this was added automatically by the program).

Settings: All off, except for memory card emulation (tried 251 before, currently set to 123 blocks, may try 59/the lowest).

Version: V2.277 (most recent I think?)

Md5 check: No idea what this is.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Setup: Nintendo Wii (Red, roughly 2010 if I had to guess) with JetFlash Transcend 8GB USB Device. This device has the following folders on root: apps, not64, PSXISOS, snes9xgx, games, saves, controllers, nincfg (this was added automatically by the program).

Settings: All off, except for memory card emulation (tried 251 before, currently set to 123 blocks, may try 59/the lowest).

Version: V2.277 (most recent I think?)

Md5 check: No idea what this is.
im guseeing you also have video on auto, md5 is a way to know your iso is good you get an md5 checker(google is your friend) and compare the md5 value with the md5 value for that game on redump.org

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo