Hacking Nintendont

Garfunkiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94: I have a proposed (but untested) change to /loader/source/main.c (r279) that would automatically back up the memory card file before starting a game. Please keep in mind that I wrote it in Notepad and rarely (i.e. almost never) write C code, so this might not work correctly as is.

Replace lines 556 and 557 with the following:
Code:
else {
      char backupPath[30];
      backupPath = sprintf(MemCardBackup, "%s/%s%s.raw", BasePath, MemCardName, "backup"); //"backup" should probably be a timestamp
      FILE *backup = fopen(backupPath, "wb");

if (backup == NULL) {
          ClearScreen();
          PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, MAROON, MENU_POS_X, 232, "Failed to create Memory Card Backup!");
          ExitToLoader(1);
      }
      else {
            size_t bytesRead, bytesWritten;
            unsigned char backupBuffer[8192];
            do {
                  bytesRead = fread(backupBuffer, 1, sizeof backupBuffer, f);
                  if (bytesRead) bytesWritten = fwrite(backupBuffer, 1, bytesRead, backup);
                  else  bytesWritten  = 0;
            } while ((bytesRead > 0) && (bytesRead == bytesWritten ));
            if (bytesWritten) {
                ClearScreen();
                PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, MAROON, MENU_POS_X, 232, "Failed to write Memory Card Backup!");
                ExitToLoader(1);
            }
        }
        fclose(backup);
        fclose(f);
}

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94: I have a proposed (but untested) change to /loader/source/main.c (r279) that would automatically back up the memory card file before starting a game. Please keep in mind that I wrote it in Notepad and rarely (i.e. almost never) write C code, so this might not work correctly as is.
The concept wont work.
If a memory card corrupts the next time you start nintendont it will overwrite your backup with the corrupt file. this would happen before you find out the file is corrupt.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone started working on the new Mayflash GameCube adapter for Wii U? The ini for the official Nintendo adapter works for controllers but not so much for bongos and dance mats :(

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone started working on the new Mayflash GameCube adapter for Wii U? The ini for the official Nintendo adapter works for controllers but not so much for bongos and dance mats :(

You need to message Howard because the dance mat and bongos should use the same ini as a normal controller

No Honor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im guseeing you also have video on auto, md5 is a way to know your iso is good you get an md5 checker(google is your friend) and compare the md5 value with the md5 value for that game on redump.org

I just did it. Both MD5 and SHA-1 for both games (Super Smash Bros. Melee V1.02 and Digimon Rumble Arena 2) matched.

By the way:

"I have an error, what does it mean, what should I do?
There are few errors you could encounter.

• IOS58 is not the correct version on Wii!:
It means you are using an outdated IOS58 on your Wii. Update it.
IOS58_installer from Tantric doesn't install the correct and latest version.
To update your IOS58, you need to find the correct file version. You can extract IOS58-64-v6176.wad from a game's disc (wiixplorer), a game's ISO (Wiiscrubber), or download it with modmii or NUSD.
Install IOS58-64-v6176.wad using a wad manager which is NOT patching the IOS. If your HBC is upside down, reinstall the Wad using a different wad manager."

Is the "error" message referring to the crash Gamecube message that I'm getting consistently in the middle of playing these games?

Could this be my problem? Wrong IOS version? And why would my IOS be outdated (I haven't messed with it at all as far as I know). Not even sure what it is.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix that.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the problem with bongos?
What is the problem with dance mats?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did it. Both MD5 and SHA-1 for both games (Super Smash Bros. Melee V1.02 and Digimon Rumble Arena 2) matched.

By the way:

"I have an error, what does it mean, what should I do?
There are few errors you could encounter.

• IOS58 is not the correct version on Wii!:
It means you are using an outdated IOS58 on your Wii. Update it.
IOS58_installer from Tantric doesn't install the correct and latest version.
To update your IOS58, you need to find the correct file version. You can extract IOS58-64-v6176.wad from a game's disc (wiixplorer), a game's ISO (Wiiscrubber), or download it with modmii or NUSD.
Install IOS58-64-v6176.wad using a wad manager which is NOT patching the IOS. If your HBC is upside down, reinstall the Wad using a different wad manager."

Is the "error" message referring to the crash Gamecube message that I'm getting consistently in the middle of playing these games?

Could this be my problem? Wrong IOS version? And why would my IOS be outdated (I haven't messed with it at all as far as I know). Not even sure what it is.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix that.

The error your getting usually means your drive is too slow

No Honor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The error your getting usually means your drive is too slow

How fast should it be? Unless the test I used was inaccurate, the reading speed of over 27MB/Sec sounds like it is pretty fast. 8GB capacity isn't much, but it still has over half of its space free as well.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the problem with bongos?
What is the problem with dance mats?

In DDR Mario Mix, left and right on both of my mats have issues. On my Mario mat, Right seems to not want to respond in gameplay and will double react in the menu. For my Pelican mat, everything is perfect in the menu but left and right don't respond well in gameplay. In regards to the bongos, both DK Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga 2 will not respond to the clap sensor and microphone. Additionally sometimes left drum works and sometimes right. Start always works in both games.

Garfunkiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The concept wont work.
If a memory card corrupts the next time you start nintendont it will overwrite your backup with the corrupt file. this would happen before you find out the file is corrupt.

That's why I have the comment there that it should use a timestamp; I just wasn't sure what time functions are available.

Meaning, if the backup were made right now, the backup filename (in my time zone) would be something like "RZLE20150120-194800.raw"

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a problem with Nintendont not keeping settings toggled correctly. As an example, I'll go in and set Auto Boot so I can load from another launcher, but the setting for Auto Boot never stays set to true. it's the same for all the other settings. It seems at random points it WILL keep a setting, but not always and not for long. Completely unpredictable. Is there a settings file I can edit manually that I haven't seen? Otherwise, what the heck is wrong with Nintendont?

*Bumps own post*

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In DDR Mario Mix, left and right on both of my mats have issues. On my Mario mat, Right seems to not want to respond in gameplay and will double react in the menu. For my Pelican mat, everything is perfect in the menu but left and right don't respond well in gameplay. In regards to the bongos, both DK Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga 2 will not respond to the clap sensor and microphone. Additionally sometimes left drum works and sometimes right. Start always works in both games.
Run HIDTest with no controller.ini and post the raw data from from booth the dance mat and bongos when nothing is pressed.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Bumps own post*

External loaders delete the nintendont configuration settings so they dont interfere with each other. You need to use one or the other, you cannot use both and expect to keep the settings in the nintendont loader

Edit: besides, external loaders should have an autoboot setting already. Theres really no reason to mess around with the nintendont loader at all if youre loading via an external loader

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
External loaders delete the nintendont configuration settings so they dont interfere with each other. You need to use one or the other, you cannot use both and expect to keep the settings in the nintendont loader

Edit: besides, external loaders should have an autoboot setting already. Theres really no reason to mess around with the nintendont loader at all if youre loading via an external loader

What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't retain it's settings AT ALL. Regardless of if I use a different loader (like USBLGX) as the front end or not.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean it doesnt retain the settings in Nintendont, or the settings for Nintendont in USBLoader GX?

Nintendont itself is not retaining it's settings. I can boot Nintendont, go into the settings, set Auto Boot to true, load a game or exit, come back to
Nintendont and any settings I have changed will be reset to their defaults (false/off).

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont itself is not retaining it's settings. I can boot Nintendont, go into the settings, set Auto Boot to true, load a game or exit, come back to
Nintendont and any settings I have changed will be reset to their defaults (false/off).
Is this after booting the game through USBLGX or Nintendont itself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy