Nintendo to post lowered sales forecast as Wii U falters

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why the fuck are members here are so butthurt about how to post news? For god sake, it's criticism and not even a mean one. Staffs here are just asking to post news while respecting the guidelines of how to report news from an article. Is that shit so fricking hard to do?
If you don't like it, then just don't post news and only comment, simple as that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why the fuck are members here are so butthurt about how to post news? For god sake, it's criticism and not even a mean one. Staffs here are just asking to post news while respecting the guidelines of how to report news from an article. Is that shit so fricking hard to do?

fUWa0wf.png

'Nough Said.

Reactions: Qtis and gamefan5

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- Every console always flops at the beginning. Not everything sales right away.
- Only a few months old and people are already saying it's doo... oh nvm, they've been saying that forever.
- Lack of games is a big focus. And Nintendo has acknowledged that.
- I'd say wait until E3 then we'll start seeing an increase in sales. They already showed off some stuff in the Direct, and just the other day when I was in EB, 4 people came in and bought a WiiU and they were all talking about Wind Waker, and XenoGears or whatever it will be called.

I'm not going to lie. I love my WiiU, I'm having a lot of fun with the console that I didn't on the Wii (I explained this because of the way our living room is set up). That and the games are just, I feel, higher quality. I'm having a blast with Sonic and All-Stars, I had an immensely fun time with ZombiU, I loved how New Super Mario Bros. U was actually difficult and felt like a fresh NSMB game compared to the others. Nintendo Land is frickin fantastic, and I have games I've bought on the eShop.

But all that aside, I can see why people are saying there isn't a whole lot of appeal yet when there are hardly any games. I love Nintendo Land for that reason, I feel like Nintendo totally revolutionized local gaming by allowing 5 people to play a game together. And when you play games like Nintendo Land with a bunch of friends, just having a few drinks, it makes for an unbelievable good time.

Reactions: gamefan5

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not half the facts, actual articles. If someone's interested in the statistic, there are links to be followed, man. Copy-pasting is not reporting, end of - says so in the rules of this section. I don't want to be mean, but c'mon.
we need a rule about misleading titles like op just did

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That doesn't explain why I'm a fanboy.... lol You clearly didn't see the mislesding title when that post was made, when I posted and forced to change it by raising an issue.

Mine is better. End of. Goodbye
Did you even try to read that wall of text you posted that didn't have even that much formatting that the Neogaf post had? I had to look at the original post in another forum to make out what was sold, where and when. It made the OP kinda moot :unsure:

Also the title was directly from a story by frigging REUTERS! I don't really like to link to some thread post in forum X when there are other options available. Also the original source was posted right after the Nintendo release and there wasn't that much more info available. Sure I could go digging deeper (like adding the other source, which I added quite quickly to depict the whole situation as a company), but I'd expect people to read the article, which had the original title of this thread. Also as changing thread titles is not possible by others than the forum moderators, I can't imagine how I could have changed the situation in the first place after the original post (on top of that my Uni WiFi seemed to stop working for pretty much the whole lecture due to a fried router). Also if a topic is in existence in one way or the other with better formatting, why would a new topic be needed in the first place?

Also as English isn't my original spoken language like it is for many others on this forum, I can see that something I find irrelevant on a topic may be the only thing another person sees. If something is possibly wrong in a thread or topic, I'd rather tell the OP or report the thread for a title change instead of ranting on and on about a post that had basically the same info. At least I tried to make a good USN post according to the guidelines suggested by the staff. It may take a while to get used to all the new forum system and tags, but I would prefer to learn than post copy-pasted articles. If I want to read the original post with probably better overall formatting and readability not to mention possible copyright related issues, why would I even bother with reading the thread?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is the danger of actually reporting stuff - when you write the piece, it's your findings and your words - you're responsible for your work. When you copy-paste a chart that's barely readable, you can always say "'Amma just copy-pasting that stuff from HERE <--- insert link". I don't see a problem with the post from the linguistic side of things and the thread title was corrected, so all is well.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think people will buy a new system which only had few games to play for some people those list isn't really attracting, even worse few titles also available on another platform, most people who played their games on consoles, why they should buy another consoles to play the same title.

They should start making a really good games just for WiiU asap.
Seriously... no one (at least people around me) give a damn about nintendo products.
if we talk about consoles it's either xbox or playstation

That's how it works in a lot of places sadly. Everybody sees Nintendo as being for fags or too kiddy or for people who can't afford real consoles. Even though they grew up with Nintendo themselves, they've decided "well, Billy is playing Xbox, so I will too" and hate on them for no reason. But what they fail to realize is that the way they're thinking, they've killed off part of the inner child which is quite sad to be honest. They'll never be able to see fun in the smaller things in life. It's the equivalent of someone not liking Indie games because it isn't by a big name publisher that spent millions of dollars in production.

That and they also fail to realize one of the best ways to get a woman is to play Nintendo with her :3

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how it works in a lot of places sadly. Everybody sees Nintendo as being for fags or too kiddy or for people who can't afford real consoles. Even though they grew up with Nintendo themselves, they've decided "well, Billy is playing Xbox, so I will too" and hate on them for no reason. But what they fail to realize is that the way they're thinking, they've killed off part of the inner child which is quite sad to be honest. They'll never be able to see fun in the smaller things in life. It's the equivalent of someone not liking Indie games because it isn't by a big name publisher that spent millions of dollars in production.

That and they also fail to realize one of the best ways to get a woman is to play Nintendo with her :3

That poor, poor Strawman.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is the danger of actually reporting stuff - when you write the piece, it's your findings and your words - you're responsible for your work.
Actually this is one of the reasons I rarely post news in the USN section. Trying to be unbiased and writing according to the spirit of the original source (especially on certain topics) is actually quite hard in this time and age where multiple sources produce pretty much the same info, but have a bigger emphasis on one thing more than another.. :wink:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually this is one of the reasons I rarely post news in the USN section. Trying to be unbiased and writing according to the spirit of the original source (especially on certain topics) is actually quite hard in this time and age where multiple sources produce pretty much the same info, but have a bigger emphasis on one thing more than another.. :wink:
There's nothing wrong in adding your personal insight at the end of your article - in fact, it's quite essential as long as you state that this is your opinion and it's not there just for the sake of causing a flamewar. Like I said, chill - your work is well-written, even if short.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong in adding your personal insight at the end of your article - in fact, it's quite essential as long as you state that this is your opinion and it's not there just for the sake of causing a flamewar. Like I said, chill - your work is well-written, even if short.
actually in gbatemp you cant do that is a unwritten rule no opinion in news no matter if they are true

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dear OP, your thread was based on a source before Nintendo posted the results. There is no actual loss, it was based on poor Wii U sales, again another prediction by the source. Due to weaken yen they made profit. Your orginal title was misleading due to your source.

Now remember their expectations were 130M profit, yet they made more than that like 160M.

The thread title is still misleading, they have exceeded their sales forecast, they are not in any loss.

There is no loss, those were based on poor Wii U sales, but the yen took care of it.

End of the day Nintendo posted a higher net profit than they estimated.

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna buy a 3DS or a WiiU UNTIL the prices fall much, much more. I will sit at previous generation until it is more affordable to me.
Other people may be in the same boat, just waiting for a better price drop.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna buy a 3DS or a WiiU UNTIL the prices fall much, much more. I will sit at previous generation until it is more affordable to me.
Other people may be in the same boat, just waiting for a better price drop.
il guess you have to wait till the next gen Nintendo handheld hits cuz this thing is not lowering anymore or buy a use 3DS

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
People don't understand, mods don't have a clue. The title is still misleading.

Thread should be 'Nintendo's net profit beyond anyone's expectation due to weak yen'

There is no loss to post. Damn that's why I'm behaving like this. Noone stops to think.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People don't understand, mods don't have a clue. The title is still misleading.

Thread should be 'Nintendo's net profit beyond anyone's expectation due to weak yen'

There is no loss to post. Damn that's why i'm behaving like this. Noone stops to think.

You might want to get that stick out of your ass and stop trying to backseat mod... otherwise your time on the internet is going to be pretty fucking miserable.

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
il guess you have to wait till the next gen Nintendo handheld hits cuz this thing is not lowering anymore or buy a use 3DS

That is what I am saying. I got a DSLite after the DSiXL came out. I can wait, and I will wait.
It's what I learned as a Cheap Ass Gamer.

Never buy the newest GFX card, by the previous one.
PS2? Good enough with a vast library.
Used games are just as good.

Let someone else buy the new stuff for you, unless you get a stellar deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la