I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
North America sales:
WiiU.outsold.PS3.jpg

At least the Wii U outsold the PS3 this month.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where is reliable sales data ?

A tricky question. A lot of the slightly better stuff is paid for data and can not be released once you have paid for it. The manufacturers themselves tend to only provide numbers shipped so such things can be less useful -- you can mask quite a lot just shipping more, some might even do it for legit reasons if they are running out of warehouse space or something.

Several do not factor in returns, the small retailers and other such things.

The short version is there is not really anything for short term. Longer term can be slightly more accurate but that is at best quarterly but even then I would be inclined to go up to at least three quarters/financial statement or even annually.

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you Sega 32X can handle canceled 3D game called Alone in Dark II.It's funny that Nintendo 64 DD can't handle EarthBound "2" 64 instead of time and stoling idea to Playstation 1.

Well now we're waiting to new Metroid(and Half-Life 3).

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii sold extremely well for quite a long time and I think this is because it was the budget friendly and family friendly alternative console. The success of the Wii was due largely to the motion control fad and initially but it continued past that as well. Unfortunately both of those things that helped the Wii be a smashing success are lacking for the Wii U. It is more expensive than the Wii ever was even when Wii had extremely high demand. Budget consumers are not going to write off that increased cost as inflation when making a purchasing decision. The family friendly aspect is improving as more games are released but this category of game is also hurt by the lack of third party support on the system. The other problem for Wii U related to these points is that all the people who bought the Wii because of these reasons (and those reasons are basically the difference between Gamecube sales and Wii sales) are not the type of people who are going to be motivated to upgrade to a new system solely for better graphics and features. That is another problem in general: A new system normally sells based on the amazing new things it can do that the old system could not. The gamepad has been an unsuccessful gimmic with the general consumer and the console was seen generally as about the same graphically as consoles that came out last generation. No one is compelled to upgrade to the Wii U from the Wii unless they are the hardcore Nintendo fans chomping at the bit to finally get there beloved franchises in HD for the first time after missing out on that entirely last gen. That is why it sales are similar to the gamecube, because generally its the same group of people who are the only ones compelled to buy it.

The Sony and Microsoft fans are generally the core gamers who are willing to pay premium for the best system with the best graphics. Getting them to upgrade is much easier than convincing casuals and budget minded family gamers to upgrade.

The Wii U desperately needs a price cut so it can appeal to some of the Wii audience but the gamepad is the big expensive thing that makes a price cut impossible. That is why they need to make the gamepad optional, slash the price, and sell a Mario Kart bundle with no gamepad this may.

Reactions: osirisjem

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you think there's chance of EarthBound Trilogy HD with unused game scenarios onto Wii U at last?Main problem of Wii U is they behavior is very Monopolic like Microsoft,they can realize what stand on video gamers that they most of them playing FPS games.I find out current Nintendo game industry is injured.What is the problem to localize Nintendo games like EarthBound Zero instead of SpaceBound Phil Sandhop's codename,EarthBound 2 instead of NatureBound?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think there's chance of EarthBound Trilogy HD with unused game scenarios onto Wii U at last?Main problem of Wii U is they behavior is very Monopolic like Microsoft,they can realize what stand on video gamers that they most of them playing FPS games.I find out current Nintendo game industry is injured.What is the problem to localize Nintendo games like EarthBound Zero instead of SpaceBound Phil Sandhop's codename,EarthBound 2 instead of NatureBound?

None, Earthbound is a niche game and won't be localized.

Reactions: T Link7

EarthBound 2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks to Hiroshi Yamaushi Nintendo and Sony are separated foes nowadays.I have courage to mention it on Miiverse Super Smash Bros. Series Community on my black Wii U.

Well EarthBound 64 and even another games was canceled even Dinosaur Planet some horror games and even Sonic 2 HD(2008-2012 R.I.P.).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well EarthBound 64 and even another games was canceled even Dinosaur Planet some horror games and even Sonic 2 HD(2008-2012 R.I.P.).
Dinosaur Planet was never cancelled, it was renamed, the platform was shifted to the Gamecube and the game was released as Starfox Adventures after Shigeru Miyamoto's visit to Rareware studios. Earthbound 64 was cancelled because the Nintendo 64 wasn't popular and the game was niche anyways. Sonic 2 HD was a homebrew game, so it's not even considered a mainstream title.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to Hiroshi Yamaushi Nintendo and Sony are separated foes nowadays.I have courage to mention it on Miiverse Super Smash Bros. Series Community on my black Wii U.

Dinosaur Planet -> Starfox Adventures (GC)
Earthbound 64 -> Mother 3 (GBA)
But you're right about Sonic 2 HD
Dinosaur Planet was never cancelled, it was renamed, the platform was shifted to the Gamecube and the game was released as Starfox Adventures after Shigeru Miyamoto's visit to Retro studios. Earthbound 64 was cancelled because the Nintendo 64 wasn't popular and the game was niche anyways. Sonic 2 HD was a homebrew game, so it's not even considered a mainstream title.
Actually, that was Rareware.

D

Dork

The Wii U desperately needs a price cut so it can appeal to some of the Wii audience but the gamepad is the big expensive thing that makes a price cut impossible. That is why they need to make the gamepad optional, slash the price, and sell a Mario Kart bundle with no gamepad this may.

That's a great idea if Nintendo wants to kill themselves.

The Wii audience is gone, and they are gone for good. They are not loyal fans and trying to desperately appeal to them would just be shooting yourself in the foot. They've got their tablets and smartphones now.

Realistically Nintendo isn't downgrading the Gamepad to a peripheral ever, because dropping a big part of the Wii U's identity in favor of something so shallow as a price cut is just stupid. Also consider that the Wii U is already the cheapest 8th gen console on the market as of now, so price is not what's hurting the Wii U. Just because some guy on the internet said he would buy a Wii U once it gets an unrealistic price cut does not mean statistically people aren't buying the Wii U because of its price. I'm pretty sure we would like everything to be cheaper.

Reactions: T Link7

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, no. People can buy the PS3 or 360 and get the same games and a better value deal - the Wii U has to be competitively priced against those because they are not going anywhere for the next two-three years and those are its short-term competitors.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Wii U comes with no hard drive, it requires an additional purchase out of the box. A regurgitated Wii HD remake of a game that's not even popular in the west is not a killer app.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but doesn't the Wii U have two different systems: one that comes with a 8GB hard drive and the other one with 32? No matter the size, a hard drive is still a hard drive. And I don't particularly care for Zelda either, but that system looks hot. It has a very special value, just like the golden Wii remote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q