Nintendo confirms it will launch its first smartphone game in March

upload_2016-1-15_17-42-50.png

We’re a matter of weeks away from seeing Nintendo software on non-Nintendo devices.

The publisher’s first smartphone game is coming in March, Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima wrote in an editorial for Japanese newspaper Mainichi Shimbun (via industry analyst Serkan Toto). Kimishima wrote this piece to detail his plans for the company over the next 12 months. The president explained that he wants to generate $855 million in profit in “several years” — which means that he is trying to steadily build the company to a point where it is generating four times the profits it did last year. And the app for Android and iOS smart devices is a big part of that. That’s especially true when you look at how Japan is one of the top three markets when it comes to spending on the $30 billion mobile-gaming market. And while most of that Japanese revenue goes to the duopoly of Monster Strike and Puzzle & Dragons, Nintendo could have the clout to grab some of that money.

More at ...

source: http://venturebeat.com/2016/01/15/n...ll-launch-its-first-smartphone-game-in-march/

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank goodness it's not a dumbed down, one-touch-control version of a beloved Nintendo franchise. "Super Mario Bros.: Go" (tap to jump endless runner), "Legend of Zelda: Pocket Edition" (freemium crapware) or "Donkey Kong Country Saga" (Bejewelled crap with different graphics) would literally make me cry.

Last edited by mashers,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank goodness it's not a dumbed down, one-touch-control version of a beloved Nintendo franchise. "Super Mario Bros.: Go" (tap to jump endless runner), "Legend of Zelda: Pocket Edition" (freemium crapware) or "Donkey Kong Country Saga" (Bejewelled crap with different graphics) would literally make me cry.
Donkey country Saga. I can't find my sides anymore rofl

D

Deleted-355425

im not an asshole but when i read this is just thought fuck you Nintendo, you make one stupid ass mistake after another.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mobile gaming is cancar to the industry
The only "cancer" is your ability to spell.

In the meantime I'm readily awaiting to see what Nintendo does with mobile. I play quite a few mobile games. I usually prefer it to carting around the stupid 3DS everywhere.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and spending real money playing them. your a credit to the industry! :teach:
Spelling really is not getting any better...

I typically spend no money on the games I play on mobile. Most are free games that offer microtransactions that I don't purchase. Peggle Blast, Crossy Road, Pacman 256, Hearthstone, Halo: Spartan Strike, Rayman Adventures, Pocket Mortys and quite a few other games are all examples of mobile games I play on IOS that I haven't had to purchase a single microtransaction for to enjoy extensively, and were games I either got for free, or paid for ONE TIME to play.

If you really can't be resilient enough to not throw your money at cheap mobile games with microtransactions, that's your problem. Not mine.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you really can't be resilient enough to not throw your money at cheap mobile games with microtransactions, that's your problem. Not mine.

i don't play the garbage at all i'd rather play REAL games. because of shitty mobile games nearly every game has some type of m$t now and it's even starting to infect steam as well. and now look even ninty has been infected too. cancer alright!

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't play the garbage at all i'd rather play REAL games. because of shitty mobile games nearly every game has some type of m$t now and it's even starting to infect steam as well. and now look even ninty has been infected too. cancer alright!
What counts as a real game to you? is PACMAN not a real game? Is PEGGLE not a real game? Is HALO not a real game? Is HEARTHSTONE not a real game? You do realize that just because something offers alternative form of pay, you don't HAVE to buy it right? There's nothing making you buy content for these games. Nintendo isn't going to force you to buy anything for their games either, they don't force you in any of the semi-mobile games they've released on the ESHOP already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up