Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
gscottish96! said:
Hello , I have an R4 upgrade revolution for DS . I put the wood 1.12 on it . The micro Sd card had :
_rpg , _DS_MENU.DAT , autorun.inf and a R4 icon 7 thingy . I put in into my DS lite and it just comes up with a white Screen and a red box with MENU? in it. HELP !!!!!!! I REALLY NEED IT FOR POKEMON BLACK (JP).
Tough luck. It's a DSTT -.-''

faziob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use the RToolDS software? I can't seem to get the boxart of the roms. How do I get the rom artbox to show up? I know this is off topic.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All I do is goto the Update menu and select Update Images/ NFO Database, it then downloads them from advancene. You might want to double check the directories under the options.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just let run the wizard, which puts them in "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\RToolDS\cache\img" on Windows 7 / Vista. On a reasonable amount of ROMs it's easily more than 100MB of images.

You should probably check you are able to view advancene's covers/ screenshots on their own release listings over on their site.

faziob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My setup is like this
Rom directory
Rom:My micro sd card(I think I mess up here)I think I should change this.
Img:C:\Users\fazioboxer\Desktop\Cache\img
Nfo:C:\Users\fazioboxer\Desktop\Cache\nfo\
save games DB: C:\Users\fazioboxer\AppData\Roaming\RToolDS\cache\saves

Device directory
Rom:micro sd card
Save micro sd card

meemai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Orel said:
meemai said:
http://www.r4official.com/ Does that one also work ? Or is it a clone ?
This is the site of the original R4, it's not the site of clones, however you can't buy fromt here anymore. Buy the shoptemb 1:1 R4 clone for it to work with Wood.

!! A site I found from here has them and it links me to that site! But the problem is, the one that stands here, is kinda bad for me. Due shipping will take 3-5 weeks.

When I click it it brings me to this site. http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm though.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Orel said:
meemai said:
http://www.r4official.com/ Does that one also work ? Or is it a clone ?
This is the site of the original R4, it's not the site of clones, however you can't buy fromt here anymore. Buy the shoptemb 1:1 R4 clone for it to work with Wood.

No it's not, the domain was only registered in December 2009. The official website was http://www.r4ds.com. Given the R4 team is no longer around, they would have either sold the domain name or it would have expired and someone picked it up.

Finwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This Wood thing is good, but I think it's better buy an Acekard. It's just $14,00 and works fine with all the releases, like Pokémon Black/White.

Sorry about my poor English.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Finwen said:
This Wood thing is good, but I think it's better buy an Acekard. It's just $14,00 and works fine with all the releases, like Pokémon Black/White.

Sorry about my poor English.
Um...WoodRPG/R4 works fine with all the releases and works with Black/White...and it apparently got released faster than AKAIO...

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In real terms the only real rason to buy an Acekard is if you want to use MicroSDHC cards or you are intending to it on a DSi. There was the additional feature of updating the cheat database over WiFi, but there's no cheat database to update to anymore.

meemai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is a good flashcard for a normal ds then ? I want to play last window badly, but the ds one I got now has nothing also since they work way to much on dstwo. What flash card is best then probably ?

janeyuyi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
How can I read ebooks with wood r4 v1.13?
unsure.gif

I can't find the txt files with my DS Lite....

wolfwing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get this to work on my R4...pretty sure it is, how would I tell if it's a clone or what? It looks official and like the pictures.

But the problem is when I transfer to the main menu of my card and load it in I get a screen with my Micro SD card as a icon, a slot 2 icon, and a folder, no text anywhere, going into the micro SD just brinks up a blank screen with nothing. Same with slot 2, hitting X just exits, but hitting B loads slot2. Hitting L+Y gets a menu with three optoions and a title bar, again with no text anywhere and clicking on them does nothing. Did I download something wrong, is this a clone, or am I missing something?

Ignore that...:> Didn't see the format through the program part, it's working now :>

kat499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can anyone tell me if there's a way to save all of the game info you have on a rom if you're updating Wood R4 to a newer version?

I really want to play from where I left off, but I can't do that since the room has a problem that can only be fixed if I update to a newer version.

PLz help
smile.gif

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How long will it take for there to be a "premade wood 1.14 as a secondary operating system" download available?
I know that it was updated from 1.12 to 1.13, but don't remember how long that took the OP.

Some old language-patched ROMS I have don't run on wood (or anything but the standard r4 firmware) so I'd definitely need it as a version that I can just start per .nds file like I do with 1.13 (which I have only thanks to that one line in this thread's first post).

Can I just copy-paste the contents of the normal Wood 1.14 download into the folder of the booted-per-nds-file-wood-1.13 that I have on my cart? I doubt that would work, though...

Argh... it seems that I have to try setting 1.14 up myself with the guide.
Probably going to not work... I'm merely a user of all this stuff, I suck at tinkering around with it.

Edit:
Guess what? It didn't work. The r4crypt.exe just error'd and died and I had a 0 KB size WoodR4.nds even though I made sure to 100% follow the guide.

Then I guess it's just waiting for the premade one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here