Hacking New users guide to setting up Wood R4

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's as above, but If this was an issue with the default skin then your MicroSD card is corrupt or fake.

QUOTE said:
Sometimes the skins you install may be corrupted or missing required elements which can cause problems. When you select the skin, it may prevent the GUI appearing which means you can't change the skin back. Fortunately this is very easy to fix, to do this insert the MicroSD card into your PC and open the globalsettings.ini file which is located in the __rpg directory on your MicroSD card. Near the top of the file you will find the line:

Code:
uiName = XXX
XXX will be the name of skin which Wood is currently set to use, rather than XXX itself. Change this to:

Code:
uiName = zelda

Noria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I got it. I moved all the files to the root menu of my SD card and it works. But now it freezes upon start.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried R4crypt but on my pc when I hold shift and click the folder, the option to open the command is not there, using Windows XP Professional

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Use the prebuild one http://www.mediafire.com/?nmyyzjwkkm00eqo or download the XP powertoys from the Microsoft website and that will add the command promot here option.
Thanks for the Microsoft Powertoy, I prefer doing things myself if possible or at least trying, no matter how hard, so thats why I didn't use the prebuild one. anyway thanks again lol, long time user of wood but it's not a perfect homebrew player.

gsm051115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really like it, but I can't load any games please help me....

P.S I am on r4III update

P.S.S HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

iMashhhh

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't want to work with me.
Emptied card, formatted it.
Followed the instructions.

Says something about loader.xxx and then I find an old R4 kernel with it, copy that across, and now I got the r4i.sys thing.

So, now, I'm back at the beginning, with the r4 original.

ltc77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I put in all of the calendar items in a calendar folder like described on the first page to get the clock and calendar working with my new skins on the wood r4 software but it did not work. I still only have a picture at the top. Or i have a square with little squares in it which is meant for the calendar but its blank. No cloack either.What could I be doing wrong?
Please help..

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have the issue with the 3 skins included in the Wood archive?

Directory layout needs to be like:

_rpg
????cheats
????fonts
????icons
????language
? ????lang_br
? ????lang_cn
? ????lang_de
? ????lang_en
? ????lang_es
? ????lang_fr
? ????lang_hu
? ????lang_it
? ????lang_jp
? ????lang_ko
? ????lang_nl
? ????lang_ru
? ????lang_sv
? ????lang_zh
????ui
????AK2DX_Empress
? ????calendar
????black
? ????calendar
????gbatemp
? ????calendar
????zelda
????calendar

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
gsm051115 said:
I really like it, but I can't load any games please help me....

P.S I am on r4III update

P.S.S HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

If you wish to play the latest games, you'll need to use YSMenu. I have the same R4 Clone and have numerous firmwares to play backup games. First of all, make sure you have the latest R4 III firmware (3.11 I think). Then get YSMenu, however, don't get it as a firmware, but instead a secondary firmware. By this I mean get the firmware as a .nds file. After that, get WoodR4 as another secondary firmware. Again, make sure its a .nds. Place your games in a "Games" folder and try the games on different firmwares. I know that "Professor Layton and the Unwounded Future" released by "Venom" will only work on the R4 firmware (3.11).

xmrnogatcox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for taking the time to create this tutorial. It was VERY informative. I just got a DS Lite today and was able to follow these instructions with ease.

Thanks again.

Icetron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the tutorial, I sold my EZ IV last year, and bought a DSTT from DX. Disappointed that stuff doesn't really get updated fast enough (just tried out a few new games that came out) so looking into getting the $6 R4 and getting back into DSL gaming.
smile.gif

acetrainerzx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with Wood R4 1.12. Everything is working fine except there are no words on the menus. Help please?

My global setting is written:

[system]
uiName = gbatemp
langDirectory = lang_en
fileListType = 0
romTrim = 0
showHiddenFiles = 0
gbaSleepHack = 0
gbaAutoSave = 0
Animation = 1
cheats = 0
softreset = 1
dma = 1
sdsave = 1
scrollSpeed = fast
viewMode = internal

gscottish96!

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello , I have an R4 upgrade revolution for DS . I put the wood 1.12 on it . The micro Sd card had :
_rpg , _DS_MENU.DAT , autorun.inf and a R4 icon 7 thingy . I put in into my DS lite and it just comes up with a white Screen and a red box with MENU? in it. HELP !!!!!!! I REALLY NEED IT FOR POKEMON BLACK (JP).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: j cole apologized and took back his diss, drake didn't, and got flamed by kendrick in another...