Hacking New users guide to setting up Wood R4

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't read all the posts in the topic, so if this question was already replied, sorry.

The R4s with the "NDSL/DNS" sticker are fakes?

r4ds.jpg

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They are all fake., the R4 team no longer make them. The 1:1 clones have NDSL/NDS oon the sticker, but don't come packaged in that way. They also don't have the cutout at the top of the cart like the one in the photo.

Mine looks like
IMG_3524.jpg

The older V1 or V2 may have looked like the cart in your photo, but those were sold a long time ago and I don't think they came in that packaging (but I could be wrong)

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, I bought the R4 in the end of 2008, and Wood works with mine and all that stuff, I never had problems with it. even don't have the cutout at the top of the cart. I couldn't open it, but here's a image:

2vmagp4.png

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
riverchen @ my R4 doesn't have the URL.
tk_saturn @ then it means my R4 isn't a fake? yay, I'm relieved. thanks, and by the way, great guide ^^

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
agree with that, it is really a good card. accepts YSMenu normally, Wood R4 with no problems and even that R4li firmware (1.23) to fix the cheats bug.

Akesk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everyone!

I've installed Wood R4 v1.11 on my R4 (the premade .nds file, because if i do exactly like the guide says it get stuck in the loading) and it works, but every game when i start it it says:

"Can't access the save data..."

why? is my R4 a fake? (but it looks so real, lol)

P.S. I'm trying to play Lego Harry Potter, i've read that if you diseable the "soft reset" and "cheat on game" it works, but mine isn't working.

I'm so so so sad, please someone help

Akesk

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate R4
hate2.gif

I'm going to cry, my life sucks, LOLOL

Oh well, let's play Tales of Innocence
bow.gif

Thank You jurassicplayer

Louizza

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
Great guide by the way, simple and easy instructions.
I am not sure where i have gone wrong though as when i switch on my R4 card it freezes on the loading screen.
I hope my R4 card is not a clone as its been working fine for a while now.
Any help would be much appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks
Louise

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your R4 was working before, set it up how you had it previously. Then extract the Wood R4 as a secondary OSMenu archive in the guide to your root directory of your microSD card. If the other OSmenu works and Wood doesn't then it's probably an unsupported clone.

Noria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just installed Wood and it starts up, but the problem I have is that when I press the start button, the whole thing freezes over.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a problem with your theme.Connect your microSD to the comp and make sure the globalsettings.ini has the theme name you have in your UI folder. Some kind of corruption happening with the theme if you didn't put the name in globalsettings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4