New iPod games (Sonic, Bomberman, etc)

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by VVoltz, Dec 21, 2007.

Dec 21, 2007
  1. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Wow, I was just checking the available games for my iPod classic and I realized that Apple has included at least 4 or 5 new games to the lineup, some old ones but some new ones like Sonic!
    According to the preview it seems that is a remake of the first Sonic game ever released.

Bomberman, well, without multiplayer it must be only half fun, then again its something.

I was wondering how are they played with the awful (for that kind of games) iPod controler layout.
    Has anyone played them yet?

2. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    I wouldn't play Sonic on Ipod even if they give it for free..

3. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Well, some games really work OK, (there is one that looks like Arkanoid, only circular that works really well), Sudoku in particular is my favorite, now I know why Sudoku is so popular in the Subway.
    There is another game called Phase, it was made by the creators of Guitar Hero, is basically that same concept (which is actually the same since 2000 when Frequency was released) but with 3 buttons, customs songs and a little use of the touch wheel, not the best game around but it's fine.

4. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Would be hard to play sonic on a ipod.

5. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    iPod Nano and iPod Classic are HORRIBLE for playing games. I've tried it (except maybe for that circular arkanoid game, but that's really it) and I talk from experience. [​IMG]

Now, iPod Touch and iPhone, that's another thing. But there aren't any official games for them. Bummer. [​IMG]

6. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Yeah, but homebrew scene for the touch is amazing. You got NES, GBA even PSX emulators and such.

7. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have all the iPod games for the classic except Bowling and the original pac-man. (i'm addicted [​IMG])
    Bomberman is fun, but it doesn't have full button press controls which is hard to get used to.
    sonic is ok, it is hard to play on the iPod but they did the best possible job they could with the controls.
    the best iPod games I think are Block Breaker Deluxe and Peggle.