Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Neonridr said:
sorry, in addition to my previous post. I can get full Audio working. If I say yes to Patch MIOS and I put the Force Video so something like NTSC480i.. I just do not have video but I can hear the music, I can navigate the menus and hear the sound.. I am obviously missing something, but what could it be?

On Eternal Darkness, there's a quote at the very beginning, and there's a voice reading it when playing from retail disc. That's audio streaming, that's missing on all softmod and some hardware GC backup solutions(this includes loading from SD/USB-Gecko, WODE and DIOS MIOS).

Patched MIOS is supposed to ignore the video mode setting and play in the correct video mode for the game. PAL60=PAL480, PAL50=576i, they are just different names. You want to try both without patched MIOS on your PAL games.

QUOTE(marquesduarte @ Aug 27 2010, 10:41 PM) Hey WiiPower, see if you can understand me...
I know that this version of neogamma is more related to GC loading but...
And i know i am a newcomer, and dont think what i am about to write is forbidden...
NeoGamma blocks the game update, right?
But i have an BIG game and i use DISC to play all the ones i have, since i dont have an ext HDD (and where i live the BIG DVDs are expansive, and i dont want to waste it), and to make this game work, some people are saying that is necessary to remove the update partition. But does not NeoGamma blocks updates? Is necessary to remove the update partition?

It doesn't block the update, it just does not touch it. If it would replace the disc channel "correctly", it would check the update paritition, ask for the update etc., but ALL loaders just boot the game. Also you would always be asked before doing the update, and you can always say no, or turn off the wii then.

Neonridr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so if I force PAL 480i I get a flickering screen with audio
if I force PAL 480p I get a green screen that freezes
if I force PAL 576i I get a black screen with audio

If I try using a Patched MIOS, I still get sound but black screen

seems like I am the closes with forcing PAL 480i .. I just do not understand because I had it working before.. I do not know what option I need to be using along with the forcing PAL.. should I be using the Patch Video option or the Reloader changing from Fast to Forced? Using the Backup plugin at Auto/Low/High?

just very weird that I had it working before.. but now it does not want to cooperate..

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Neonridr said:
so if I force PAL 480i I get a flickering screen with audio
if I force PAL 480p I get a green screen that freezes
if I force PAL 576i I get a black screen with audio

If I try using a Patched MIOS, I still get sound but black screen

seems like I am the closes with forcing PAL 480i .. I just do not understand because I had it working before.. I do not know what option I need to be using along with the forcing PAL.. should I be using the Patch Video option or the Reloader changing from Fast to Forced? Using the Backup plugin at Auto/Low/High?

just very weird that I had it working before.. but now it does not want to cooperate..

The fact that you had it working before is strange. Did you use component cables before, or now and the other time not? And WiiGator's loader doesn't have video mode patches, so that shouldn't be the reason why it did work either.

Also i don't understand why it's flickering for you. PAL480i should be black&white for you, PAL576i should be black&white and have a scrolling screen(or no picture if the tv doesn't like 50Hz at all).

Anyways, you can try the video mode patches, maybe they help, maybe even allow to play in NTSC480i.

Neonridr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower: yeah it is very strange. I was playing Eternal Darkness on Wiigators 0.2 Gamecube Backup Launcher Yesterday. I have not changed anything since then except the new cIOS and cMIOS.

NTSC games still work fine, so I know that this does work.

I do not really understand I guess.. I tried more of those Video settings and nothing seemed to work. I am just curious if anyone is able to run PAL games on an NTSC system using specific settings and what are they so I can try them as well..

I guess I will try more of the settings the other way forcing NTSC instead..

Neonridr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I give up for now.. the closest I can get is by setting the Video Mode to Force Pal 480i, but it flickers..

my TV is a rear projection LCD TV that operates at 60 Hz, so it should be able to display PAL at 60 Hz, I know this because Eternal Darkness did work.

Again, closest I get is a flickering screen with all the audio..

I tried a bunch of different settings with no luck..

If anyone out there has successfully booted up a PAL game on an NTSC Wii, let me know what your settings are for NeoGamma so I can try them out.

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower I installed them both.. maybe being loaded into IOS36 slot and not the old 249 or 250 I used before made the difference.

Neonridr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower: do you think when I create these multi game ISOs I should set the region to NTSC even though they are PAL isos? Do you think that might help anything at all? When I created the ISO, I used PAL because all three games were PAL games.. if I re-burn it and set it to NTSC, will that make any difference?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Neonridr said:
WiiPower: do you think when I create these multi game ISOs I should set the region to NTSC even though they are PAL isos? Do you think that might help anything at all? When I created the ISO, I used PAL because all three games were PAL games.. if I re-burn it and set it to NTSC, will that make any difference?

If you set NeoGamma to force a certain video mode, it ignores the region of the multi disc itself and the region of the games themselves. And if you set the region of the multi disc, it doesn't touch the region of the games themselves. So it shouldn't matter at all what you set.

javid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi

Any body can upload "RVL-mios-v10.wad" for me ?!? I Download it from Nus Downloader But size only 181 KB Is it correct size ?!? and I download one from internet with name "Custom-RVL-mios-64-v10.wad" and 321.75 KB in size !

Sorry for bad English ...

Thanks

gsaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
181KB is the expected size.
Use that with the installer and bin the other one

Just make sure it's in the 'wad' folder before running the installer.
ba-da-bing!

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiPower, I've compiled a NeoGamma version with support to WiinnerTag. I don't have yet shared it in the website because I need to test it a bit more (I still need to test WBFS support, but DVD and GC DVD are working as expected), but I want to know if I send the diff files to you, you can consider to add it to the "official" releases.

Thanks!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Daileon said:
WiiPower, I've compiled a NeoGamma version with support to WiinnerTag. I don't have yet shared it in the website because I need to test it a bit more (I still need to test WBFS support, but DVD and GC DVD are working as expected), but I want to know if I send the diff files to you, you can consider to add it to the "official" releases.

Thanks!

Can you make the .diff files with #defines? So that one has to use "make wiinnertag" to make that version? I don't want to include it, but this way, anybody can easily build an updated version that contains it.

But before you do it, i would like it in a way that does not only work for your site, but for others as well if anybody creates a similar site. So something like it reads a .txt file with the .url it opens and what parameters it sends. Oh and what parameters do you send? Only the disc id? The used loader? Time played?

I just don't want to add it and then have to update it again 1 day later.

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The only information sent is the Disc ID and the user's key. I must check what I need to do to make it send a custom header so I can identify the loader without a parameter.

Also, I can create it with the "#define", no problem, but can I ask you again to add it as "default"? That's because most users only get compiled versions, so even if the code is added, it will need to be compiled (probably by me), so it will not change the actual situation, that I was expecting to avoid, so I could focus on the site and features...
tongue.gif

If the reason is the delay before the game starts, it could be optional, as is in the other loaders. Let's talk about it xD

orange.x

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there! Can't find the following anywhere if it's possible or not.

I would like to see a way to make some new "default" settings. So when I insert a NTSC game it will automatically run in PAL mode. Because now I always need to go to the options menu and change it before I can enjoy the game. It would be really great if it would be possible.

Oh, and please correct me if I'm wrong and it is already possible.. But I softmodded the Wii of a friend last week and it didn't save it either on his Wii.. Don't know exactly which version of NeoGamma it is though.

Thanks in advance!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Daileon said:
The only information sent is the Disc ID and the user's key. I must check what I need to do to make it send a custom header so I can identify the loader without a parameter.

Also, I can create it with the "#define", no problem, but can I ask you again to add it as "default"? That's because most users only get compiled versions, so even if the code is added, it will need to be compiled (probably by me), so it will not change the actual situation, that I was expecting to avoid, so I could focus on the site and features...
tongue.gif

If the reason is the delay before the game starts, it could be optional, as is in the other loaders. Let's talk about it xD

I don't want wifi code in my loader. But i can compile that version on every release and upload it seperately. How does that sound?

QUOTE(orange.x @ Aug 30 2010, 04:12 PM) Hi there! Can't find the following anywhere if it's possible or not.

I would like to see a way to make some new "default" settings. So when I insert a NTSC game it will automatically run in PAL mode. Because now I always need to go to the options menu and change it before I can enjoy the game. It would be really great if it would be possible.

Oh, and please correct me if I'm wrong and it is already possible.. But I softmodded the Wii of a friend last week and it didn't save it either on his Wii.. Don't know exactly which version of NeoGamma it is though.

Thanks in advance!

NeoGamma only saves the config file to sd cards. If you have a sdhc card, that's most likely the problem(sdhc cards are not 100% supported by anything on wii), get a high quality 2 GB sd card for your wii. Oh and you need to tell NeoGamma to save the config.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo