Rip Van Winkle and the Armageddon Nightmare

WarMasterXX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A long time ago, I don't remember when, I modded my Wii primarily to dump GC and Wii games to ISO for use with Dolphin, but then eventually started using Nintendont and USB Loader GX to play the ISOs directly off the Wii. It took a lot of learning and work, but eventually they both ran terrific.

Yesterday, after receiving two brand new GC controllers I ordered, I finally decided to use Nintendont and USB Loader GX again. What do you think happened?
Nintendont started up but it couldn't read any of my ISOs anymore from the flash drive I had plugged into the Wii for all that time. Then I started USB Loader GX. I loaded Mortal Kombat Armageddon (the only Wii game I own as of this writing (I'm a fighting game fanatic even though I hate Smash Bros.) but I plan to get more Wii games some time in the future). Armageddon started up like normal, so I went to VS mode to test my new controllers, and as soon as the match started, the camera and characters began going apeshit. I'm not joking. I'd record a video of it and post it on here, but I don't feel like uploading anything to YouTube and hopefully you guys get what I mean when I say "apeshit".

What the hell happened? The last time I played on the Wii everything ran A-OK, and now all hell's broken loose on it! Is this fixable? Or am I just gonna have to delete Nintendont and USB Loader GX from my Wii, and just use the Wii for retro emulators while I play my GC and Wii ISOs on Dolphin?

Here's the tools I used to mod the Wii in the first place:
BatHaxx (to install the Homebrew Channel)
d2x (v10 beta53 + cIOS Installer 3.1)
HackMii (v1.2)
PriiLoader (v0.9.1)(so I don't have to use a wiimote to start the Wii and can go straight to the Homebrew Channel. It's a later Wii so I wasn't able to install BootMii)
I don't know what versions of Nintendont and USB Loader GX I put on there.

EDIT:
I figured out what the problem was. The flash drives I had plugged into my Wii had accumulated a bunch of junk data over time. All I had to do was copy all the important stuff off the drives, reformat the drives, then put everything back on them. Now everything's smooth like butter* perfectly rosy again!

*Pop music sucks. It really does.

Last edited by WarMasterXX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-