Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

MatteKalle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mabye it is called 1.9. I just know that there are two downloads on their site "Wiikey 2 Update/Config Combined Disc v1.2 - 'Asgard Core'" and "Wiikey 2 Update/Config Combined Disc v1.3 - 'Odyssey'". I have the v1.2 download. I have read about v1.3 and it only seems too fix New super mario bros wii so I have not bothered installing it.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
john1010_ma said:
i'm sorry if this has been answered. Can Neogamma support external dvd drive for gamecube backup disc loading? thanks

2 times no. As far as i know only uloader has external usb drive support. And it can't be used for gamecube games, if it would be possible, then you could load from HDD too. And if that was possible, you would know.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to ask in this thread again but i'm wonder if there's going be support for DLC on shdc cards to be used on those GH games and RB games. let me know.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I have a Wii from September 2007, but when I put in a GameCube backup, it gives me a DVD read error (1089) or something. I have everything installed properly (cIOS56rev20 on Slot 249, cMIOSrev10)... What's the problem here?

Before I tested my drive, and it didn't give me any drive errors. Now it is asking me if I have a drive connected... =/

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CarbonX13 said:
I have a Wii from September 2007, but when I put in a GameCube backup, it gives me a DVD read error (1089) or something. I have everything installed properly (cIOS56rev20 on Slot 249, cMIOSrev10)... What's the problem here?

Before I tested my drive, and it didn't give me any drive errors. Now it is asking me if I have a drive connected... =/

There was a version with a problem about that. Are you using the latest version? Do you have any working discs? Do retail discs still work? Did you use a DVD+R? If yes, did you bitset it to dvd-rom?

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
WiiPower said:
CarbonX13 said:

There was a version with a problem about that. Are you using the latest version? Do you have any working discs? Do retail discs still work? Did you use a DVD+R? If yes, did you bitset it to dvd-rom?
I'm on Neogamma R9 Beta 44 if that's what you're asking. Not sure if other backups work, I run mainly from USB. Retail discs do run through Neogamma. And yes, I'm using DVD+R, but it is bitset to DVD-ROM.

Caderyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Does the game boot without hook and disabled Ocarina? If not, that's the problem. If it boots without Ocarina, then enable Ocarina, but don't put any codes on your sd card, and try all hooktypes until the game boots.

THANK YOU!!! That is the exact troubleshooting tip I needed to figure out what was going on with my setup... Stupid codemgr program... Always messes up my codes...

Note to MODs: See if you can add a "Search this thread" button to the forum (unless I'm overlooking it). Would make searching a little simpler
smile.gif

EDIT I didn't have IOS56 installed so I downloaded it with ModMii and installed it with Waninkoko's WadManager. Looking with ATD, I did not have cIOS37 ever installed.

Results...: Neogamma R3, R8b7, and R9b44, as well as Wiigator 0.3g all load up with the new(er?)(est?) rev20 cIOS in slot 249 (on my system [LU35 updated with Waninkoko's 4.1 updater and various other steps...])

I was having so much trouble and couldn't figure out why I was getting stuck at the wrist strap screen and my wiimote disconnected. Turns out it was just my codes
happy.gif
Wish I knew that yesterday when I virginized my wii 4 or 5 times... so many NAND backups...

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Good to hear this. Hmm, i think i need to change the gamecube Ocarina behaviour to match this. Right now it disables Ocarina for gamecube games if no codes are found.

elricorico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Caderyn said:
Note to MODs: See if you can add a "Search this thread" button to the forum (unless I'm overlooking it). Would make searching a little simpler
smile.gif

At the bottom of the very last post, on the right side you should see "Enter Keywords". Put what you want to search in there.

Caderyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elricorico said:
At the bottom of the very last post, on the right side you should see "Enter Keywords". Put what you want to search in there.

Ahh thank you! I completely overlooked it.

Now back your scheduled backup loader conversation...

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked a million times before, but does DVD+R work okay? Does it damage the Wii's laser?

Also, is there a compatibility list somewhere? Do some games lag in game?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dangy said:
This has probably been asked a million times before, but does DVD+R work okay? Does it damage the Wii's laser?

Also, is there a compatibility list somewhere? Do some games lag in game?

Some wii games lag if you use burned discs instead of retail discs or loading from usb. Gamecube games shouldn't lag, because the gamecube is supposed to only have 3x dvd speed, which is the speed burned discs run at a Wii. DVD+Rs work as good as DVD-Rs, but you need to bitset them to dvd-rom or the wii can't read them.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan said:
RyoutaDDC said:
Anyone know how to get monster hunter tri running on this? After i click game start it freezes. I'm using a disc not a usb file.
it needs a cIOS with base 37

reinstall IOS249 based 37, or IOS222[37+38 merged] (like Hermes cIOS V4 (not V5)).
A way to select another cIOS inside neogamma would be great, but I think it's not only an IOS reloading issue, it needs more coding, right ? (or is it already possible ?)

If you don't want to reinstall, try another loader. Though I don't know if their DVD launching capabilities are using the same launching options as USB. just test it.

The best cios for this is Waninkoko rev 20 Base 56-slot 249

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Neburg said:
Greetings Wiipower:

One suggestion that I'm doing, why not install the changed cmios wiipower, install the latest MIOSv10?
The most stable MIOSv4, but many original games such as Metroid Prime Trilogy itself detects it and asks you to upgrade, could be done something about it?.
Greetings.

PD: Sorry by my English.

Neburg.

MPT is on Wii, nothing to do with cMIOS (gamecube)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
House64 said:
ok, I will test later ^^

edit : I tried with beta17, always with the composant cables, Zelda Collector's edition (PAL) (Backup) works with reloader and PAL 576i
biggrin.gif

But Zelda OOT Master Quest don't boot
frown.gif
. I will try later with standard cables.

PAL games work correctly with "PAL 576i" video mode (but "No signal" with "disk" video mode with 50Hz games)
NTSC games work correctly with "disk" video mode
smile.gif

Did you plan to synchronize the clock and the date of Wii with the mode GC internal? Because with Zelda The Wind Waker for exemple the date is always 01/01/2000 :/

(sorry for my bad english)
Yes clock sync would be awesome ( if not yet implented...)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YayMii said:
(This is a question based on what I said in this thread)

1. Does WindWaker work without the dungeon map freezing?
2. Can you make a cMIOS installer able to infuse NeoGamma with the cMIOS (like what WiiGator did)? Because this allows running NeoGamma (GC) through the disc channel.
3. So I heard there are audio issues with some games. Are they fixed (Alien Hominid in particular)?

Windwaker works with latest rev 44, internal gc mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh