WiiWare Games don't run on USB Loader GX and emuNAND (Black Screen)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First, be sure you installed the needed files on your SD card. You need some files in sd:/sneek folder, don't follow Uneek (USB) tutorial and put them on SD, like I've read above. You need to only follow the Sneek tutorial to get SD files to put on SD.
Then, go to USBGX, settings, Miscelaneous, Launch neek.
USBLoaderGX will load either SD:/sneek/ or USB:/sneek/ based on the location of your emuNAND folder.
so, if you put your emuNAND on SD, it'll look at SD:/sneek/ (and this is the easiest).

If you want to launch Uneek, but use any other neek launcher but USBGX, then it's harder to setup, because you have to put Uneek (for USB) on SD too. Don't put files on SD when the tutorial tells you to copy on USB if your emuNAND is on SD.
Other launchers (Bootmii, or NSwitch) are always booting sd:/sneek, even if your emuNAND is on USB, so the user has to juggle with the files on Sd based on the location of their EmuNAND.
I added the autodetection on USBGX so users can have both SD and USB at the same time, and the loader just pick the right file based on the used device.

it will launch neek without autobooting a game, you'll end up into your own System menu, but that's the one "emulated" from the emuNAND Folder. If you have hundreds of WAD installed on your emuNAND, it will takes a looooong time to boot. could be more than 1 minute.
From here, wait 10-30seconds (I don't know why it's not accessible right away), and press 1 or 2 on the wiimote to display hidden menus.
Look for region free option, and enable it.
Then, exit neek by either switching OFF the console, or launch the "NK2O" channel if you installed it on your emuNAND (and see it from the 48 available channel slots from the sysMenu, or use 1 or 2 to list all your games) which will reboot the console.

Though, Like I said, bit trip games don't require Neek. You should be able to launch them from USBGX "emuNAND Full" mode.

Last edited by Cyan,

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am only using an sd card so would sneek work instead of uneek?
Post automatically merged:

First, be sure you installed the needed files on your SD card. You need some files in sd:/sneek folder, don't follow Uneek (USB) tutorial and put them on SD, like I've read above. You need to only follow the Sneek tutorial to get SD files to put on SD.
USBLoaderGX will load either SD:/sneek/ or USB:/sneek/ based on the location of your emuNAND folder.
so, if you put your emuNAND on SD, it'll look at SD:/sneek/ (and this is the easiest).

If you want to launch Uneek, but use any other neek launcher but USBGX, then it's harder to setup, because you have to put Uneek (for USB) on SD too. Don't put files on SD when the tutorial tells you to copy on USB if your emuNAND is on SD.
Other launchers (Bootmii, or NSwitch) are always booting sd:/sneek, even if your emuNAND is on USB, so the user has to juggle with the files on Sd based on the location of their EmuNAND.
I added the autodetection on USBGX so users can have both SD and USB at the same time, and the loader just pick the right file based on the used device.

it will launch neek without autobooting a game, you'll end up into your own System menu, but that's the one "emulated" from the emuNAND Folder. If you have hundreds of WAD installed on your emuNAND, it will takes a looooong time to boot. could be more than 1 minute.
From here, wait 10-30seconds (I don't know why it's not accessible right away), and press 1 or 2 on the wiimote to display hidden menus.
Then, exit neek by either switching OFF the console, or launch the "NK2O" channel if you installed it on your emuNAND (and see it from the 48 available channel slots from the sysMenu, or use 1 or 2 to list all your games) which will reboot the console.

Though, Like I said, bit trip games don't require Neek. You should be able to launch them from USBGX "emuNAND Full" mode.
Wait where is miscellaneous settings in usb loader gx?

Last edited by aidn0828,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am only using an sd card so would sneek work instead of uneek?

Wait where is miscellaneous settings in usb loader gx?
Yes, the s in sneek refers to sd card just like u in uneek means usb. It's under features.

aidn0828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok

Yeah bruh I got 725 wads 💀💀 I got the whole damn library so it will take 5 minutes

Last edited by aidn0828,

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, i don't see a region free setting in my neek2o menu after pressing 2. is it because i selected no to the priiloader/system hacks option in modmii? Thanks.

update: needed to use + and - (plus and minus) buttons to get to that menu. some wads still not working, so i presume they are wrong region or corrupt. which is odd because i now have region free everything in neek2o and priiloader. mega man 9 and 10 start up and my tv shows 480i, so it makes me think they are pal.

Last edited by grandosegood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare