Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually I don't think my n3ds is completely bricked. The backlight is still on, it is just very dim. Also when I push the blue button on my sky3ds, it seems to cycle between games. Audio,display, and wifi seem to be whats not working. I think it might still be booting into homebrew launcher. Is there a way to autoboot the 9.9.0 or 10.3 update? Maybe theres a way to put the 10.3 update on my sky3ds? I think its still booting, any ideas? I think just flashing the BASE_FIRM would fix it. Any way to do some testing to see if I can fix it?

Mine's the same

DarkJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I don't think my n3ds is completely bricked. The backlight is still on, it is just very dim. Also when I push the blue button on my sky3ds, it seems to cycle between games. Audio,display, and wifi seem to be whats not working. I think it might still be booting into homebrew launcher. Is there a way to autoboot the 9.9.0 or 10.3 update? Maybe theres a way to put the 10.3 update on my sky3ds? I think its still booting, any ideas? I think just flashing the BASE_FIRM would fix it. Any way to do some testing to see if I can fix it?

Sky3DS only needs to be powered to allow game switching. Try the previously mentioned steps to remove the hb launcher payload and boot into recovery.

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hey man, i figured out that went wrong with mine, i've installed the O3DS pack on N3DS, your's looks just like mine, can you check that you have downloaded the right pack?

Plochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
YES...9.2.0-20E (former 10.3)

finally.
I had two soft bricks but it was my fault. I was using US 9.2 cia instead of EU, as soon as I replaced it it worked fine.

N3DS

weks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to confirm, finally succeed downgrading to 9.1. Here are the details:
System : New 3DS LL Pearl White (JP System)
Firmware : 10.3- (latest)
Entrypoint used: Menuhax2.1 (with config Hold R when booting to enter HBL)
000400102002CA00.cia deleted
No of tries: 6
Note: Before opening sysupdater, i always open FTBrony first, then press B twice to go back to HBL, then open sysupdater. (Advice from several forum members)

Often freeze on step 2, 7 , 8.. (If freeze happens on the steps, just hold power button to force shut down) then try again.
After that downgrade menu show up, press Y. Heavy Breathing~~
~~~~.cia installed
~~~~.cia installed
Success and automatically rebooted after 10 seconds.
Home menu displayed, check setting , 9.1x firmware spotted :D HURRAHHH !!
Thanks for all the devs and you guys on gbatemp :)

Last edited by weks,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES...9.2.0-20E (former 10.3)

finally.
I had two soft bricks but it was my fault. I was using US 9.2 cia instead of EU, as soon as I replaced it it worked fine.

N3DS
How do I know which one is EU, and which is US? I used the 9.2 cia files for the n3ds. Also, how did you and above posters fix this issue? I really just want to get my n3ds back to stock 9.9 or 10.3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey man, i figured out that went wrong with mine, i've installed the O3DS pack on N3DS, your's looks just like mine, can you check that you have downloaded the right pack?

How did you reinstall the correct pack?

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do I know which one is EU, and which is US? I used the 9.2 cia files for the n3ds. Also, how did you and above posters fix this issue? I really just want to get my n3ds back to stock 9.9 or 10.3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How did you reinstall the correct pack?

I didn't i just found out what a did wrong, i don't know if there's a fix for this, for the time being probably no :/

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to ask these questions again, but there's so many informations in this thread i'm lost so sorry for asking again

1) As of today is it safe to downgrade a N3DS 10.3U to 9.2?
2) If 1) is yes can I have the files please
3) What do we do after the downgrade, do we need new files or can we install emunand?

tarovisions

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took about 20 tries... but it went perfectly the first time it passed! Even a reboot :rofl:

Model: ACHHD n3DS XL Bundle (EU)
Firmware: 10.1E > 9.2E
Build: TuxSH

Edit: CFW works, entrypoints work, GW works, everything 9.2 works!

Last edited by tarovisions,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi and N64

Corey12901

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting CIA file information.

titleexception:
main.CPP:108: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info

Aww.

Been getting that same exact message as well. On a us n3ds 10.1, I've downloaded the cia's multiple times to make sure they were right and checked the checksum and everything seemed ok. Yet still getting title exception error.

D

Deleted User

I know i am going off topic here, but could someone point me in the right direction please!
I managed to Downgrade my N3DS to 9.2, i have browserhax running and want to know if/how i can install a CFW.
Is there a Tutorial or is there something i should be cautious about comming from 9.9?

Reactions: naddel81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?