Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it and no luck. Didn't think it would work but I figured I'd give it a shot. From

I'm pretty clueless about hardmods. My only NAND backups are for a different console. One of the biggest bummers for me is that my NNID is on the New 3DS.

Is there any way to flash the 10.3 firmware with the SKY3DS? I'm kind of panicking, as I can't afford to fix my new 3ds :( I shouldn't have tried this, but it seemed relatively safe.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by N64,
Reactions: Zidapi

newladsmate

Trophies
XP
Country
New3ds XL Happy Home Designer edition downgraded to 9.2e from 10.3e (came 10.3e out of the box)
used menuhax and TuxSH sysupdater
interesting thing i downloaded the 9.0e cias from THAT site and when the install was finished it said 9.2e
havent tried cfw yet

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you don't have a NAND backup, you're SOL.
the best you can try is getting it into recovery mode http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode
if that doesn't work, time to buy a new 3DS

Shit, so there's nothing I can do? Tried booting into recovery mode, just the blue LED comes on. So my new zelda 3ds is SOL? shit :( By the way tried the power button with battery pulled. I followed the directions, why would it hardbrick?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit, so there's nothing I can do? Tried booting into recovery mode, just the blue LED comes on. So my new zelda 3ds is SOL? shit :(

yep, unfortunately that's a brick. i have an o3ds xl like that from some things I tried a while back that i'm waiting to recover (whenever that recovery procedure is found... been waiting a year)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you need to install cubic ninja legit cia so you can use ninjhax1 ....
There's no such thing as a legit CN cia. You'd need to boot into sig-check patched sysNAND (eg. using Mini Pasta) via the HBL before you could even launch CN. So why not boot directly into emuNAND from the HBL the first time you opened it? May I ask why you want to use Ninjhax1.1 in the first place?

Ah, I almost forgot: Ironfall doesn't even start: it stuck at 3DS loading screen.
This is perfectly normal. Ironfall won't launch on anything below 9.4 :)

Last edited by Zidapi,
Reactions: 4ur0r and N64

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. So..

Tried it twice.

First time? Hung at Checking the CIA files. Hard reset. Semi-brick. Recovery mode fixed it.

Second time? Downgrade started, then errored out. Permanent brick. No recovery mode, nothing.

Seriously, I would recommend waiting for a sure fire way. Yeah, you have a chance at it being successful, but do you really want to risk it?

thanks for posting your experiences! so you are really hard-bricked?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to give this a shot on my N3DSXL, just updated to 10.3 because it seems like people are having the most luck on that. Bought it yesterday from a place that has a pretty liberal return policy (I returned a bricked Wii U a while ago without the receipt). They just handed me a new one and sent me on my way.

Gonna cry myself to sleep, fuck :(

You got guts trying this on your first day. Welcome to GBAtemp!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper