megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow! so much improvements since i tried out the first patch..
i have a few things to say about you! and your patch! and that crew!
people congratulations for coming so far, you guys are translating as far as one of the best rpg's in the series of super robot wars! (tho it is the only one)
keep it up! hopefully a full translation becomes exist
(probably in 2009 or 2010)
if i had a percentage meter of changes in hex editing of original contents i woulda gave it to you to
let you see how far you are in percentage of a full change

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great work so far just restarted the game to see what had been done.

I noticed that on some of the translation it ends with the originally japanese full stop, also on entering the blue ship I'm not quite sure what Ara Ara means when they first see the blue crystal rocks.

Donryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alkaiserred said:
I think this project was abandoned.
Well, to be honest, I haven't done any work on this for the past week. But I haven't completely abandoned this project, I promise I will come back to this eventually.
...Don't know when that'll be though, I'm working on Inazuma Eleven right now and in a month I plan on checking out World Destruction. So the project will slow down for a bit.

Alkaiserred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least you still check here. That's good news tbh. It's not like this was YOUR project to begin with so I can't blame you, haha.

aznvienna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can any1 help me patch this?
when i click on patch.bat which it explains on read me, a black screen shows and disapears in like 0.1 secs!
and nuthin happens =[

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't forget to rename your rom as mugen.nds or it won't patch it and will cause the black screen to just close

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
aznvienna said:
can any1 help me patch this?
when i click on patch.bat which it explains on read me, a black screen shows and disapears in like 0.1 secs!
and nuthin happens =[
Left click on the patching .bat>edit and write this without the quotes at the end of the file ">log.txt"
this will create a .txt with what went wrong post it here.
Example: bsdiff.exe mugen.nds patch.patch>log.txt

aznvienna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i c&p da example?
cuz when i add da log part to my regular patch and then run it, it just gives me a blank log(notebook)

sry, im a hopeless soul ; __ ;

Alkaiserred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get to play translated games for free, so don't care what others do, OK?

Lol, mista Noitora, you seem to misinterpret my words and have gotten offended. Don't worry about it, OK?

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alkaiserred said:
You get to play translated games for free, so don't care what others do, OK?

Lol, mista Noitora, you seem to misinterpret my words and have gotten offended. Don't worry about it, OK?

You can't blame him for misunderstanding you. The way you worded that comment was offensive. (And the "haha" at the end wasn't enough to counter-balance the offensive wording.
happy.gif
)

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Had tried your translation since its infant stage, a very great job well done. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to play this game in full English.
smile.gif

jiraiya2point0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, I'd like to lend a hand with the modding or even patching of this game. such as graphics modded and such.

is there a way of opening the in game graphics in a folder and edit them in photoshop ect?

because I heard that it's possible to add new animations to DS game once they are hacked and unpacked.

I'm using DSlazy on some of my games like guitar heroes OT where you can paly the game without the grip.

So i'd like to mod this MNF:SRW OGS with some moded graphics. or copy the game engine and repalce bits such as the characters with my own or ones from old 80's shows.

would this be a problem legally?

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
jiraiya2point0 said:
hello, I'd like to lend a hand with the modding or even patching of this game. such as graphics modded and such.

is there a way of opening the in game graphics in a folder and edit them in photoshop ect?

because I heard that it's possible to add new animations to DS game once they are hacked and unpacked.

I'm using DSlazy on some of my games like guitar heroes OT where you can paly the game without the grip.

So i'd like to mod this MNF:SRW OGS with some moded graphics. or copy the game engine and repalce bits such as the characters with my own or ones from old 80's shows.

would this be a problem legally?
Lol, it's almost impossible reallyyyyyyyy hard to do something like that.

jiraiya2point0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it shouldn't be to hard to mod the game. if somebody has already managed to change the text in the game how hard can it be to mod the sprites?

I know you can get into the carts files with DSlazy but apart from that I'm sure theres a way of decompiling the ISO so you can get right down to the beare bones of the game.

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
jiraiya2point0 said:
well it shouldn't be to hard to mod the game. if somebody has already managed to change the text in the game how hard can it be to mod the sprites?

I know you can get into the carts files with DSlazy but apart from that I'm sure theres a way of decompiling the ISO so you can get right down to the beare bones of the game.
1.changing the text of a game is pretty much easier than messing with animated sprites.
2.A cart dump is not called an iso, it's called a rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol