Gaming Most Over-Rated DS Games.

DrCaptainHarlock

Hustle bones comin' out my mouth
Trophies
Website
japan.com
XP
Country
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Way too short and easy for a Zelda game, not enough sidequests, sailing sucks compared to Wind Waker's, never really enjoyed the control scheme that much.
New Super Mario Brothers - Way too short and easy for a Mario game.
Kirby: Canvas Curse - This ain't Kirby, this ain't Kirby at all.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrCaptainHarlock said:
Yeah god forbid they try to change a series for the better. Canvas Curse is one of my favorite Kirby games
lecture.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
DrCaptainHarlock said:
Yeah god forbid they try to change a series for the better. Canvas Curse is one of my favorite Kirby games
lecture.gif

Mine too. Also one of those games that could only be done on the DS, and was a good show of the touch-screen tech.

It was my first DS game, so I have a soft spot for it anyway.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep forgetting to.....buy..... Canvas Curse. *goes to the store*
Also, was Yoshi Touch and Go any good?

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohboymyturn.

Phoenix Wright.
I played it. Got kinda slow and repetitive (though I did enjoy the story.)

TWEWY.
WAS KINDA COOL.
Until you gained your second partner.

Black Sigil.

GTA Chinatown wars
I tried 3 times.
Didn't get nowhere in the game.

The MegaMan X's
I want a classic bit like the megamans on NES. I can't tell you how many times I run to play MegaMan 9 on the wii.

Animal Crossing
Just not my cup of tea

Professor Layton
Ok. Maybe I'm just unfair here. I couldn't get past many puzzles.
I was stumped. Don't hate me!

LEGEND OF ZELDA: THE STUPID STUPIDGLASS OF STUPID.
Who on Earth decided a timed, stealth segment with annoying enemies, that you have to run back to after every temple, FROM THE BEGGINING EACH TIME, was a good idea.
This is the only Zelda I've put down due to it being annoying.

ldvistaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha i enjoyed reading through alot of the replies here.

Over-rated--
TWEWY- The story was the only thing that pleased me
Chrono trigger-good for a port but i wish they could have gave more purpose to the touch screen
Yugioh 5ds stardust racers- wtf? dueling on a motorcycle. I love the card game and the earlier seasons were great. 10 years later... "Duel monsters, blindfolded in HELL in a disco setting"

Um sorry if that sounded flame-ish

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those who hate YGO 2009: Use the all __ cheats and use World Championship mode. No bikes here, and no need to go into the shit story mode to duel.
STRAIGHT UP YGO GOODNESS!

>_>

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i honestly think that the DS FF games are TOO OVER-RATED! i am a final fantasy fan, i enjoyed FF3 cause its one ive never played before, but making FFIV 3d killed the game for me, i played (and still own) an original copy of FFIV snes and the PS1 Versions and it is still one of my favorite games ever in the final fantasy series. i also have the original tactics, it was fun but not great, then i got the GBA version and i couldnt put it down, but FFTA2 is a total crock, it is a stain on tactics honor! And revenant wings just plain sucked! But i am not saying that others dont enjoy them, and saying that as a square fan really sucks, i mean cmon square, put more time into these things, please?

-Karaku32

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rhythm Heaven is great... if you love being a person who messes up a lot and has no sense of rhythm whatsoever (certaintly not me =] (Fast Reply))

Naruto Ninja Council 3. Missions get hard and boring, and when you finally have the nerve to play through all the missions, it doesn't even give you a *REAL* reward.

Touch the Dead. Makes the original look bad.

Mario Kart DS. You know you love the Wii version too much when your drifting messes up and you turn the DS side to side while driving.

Nintendogs. A little too none-realistic than the real world.

Kirby Super Star Ultra. Most modes are easy then gets hard all of a sudden

Pac Pix. Who would wanna play through a second grueling Adventure book anyways?

Pokemon Dash. Beating the whole game thinking you get a new character...

vgshaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have to say The Legendary Starfy, I spent an hour playing it, and the whole time I was saying "This has to get better." It's pretty much the same stage over and over again, its really boring. Most gamers hate underwater levels, and a whole game of them just seems like a bad idea from the get go in my opinion.

Personally, I really like TWEWY, but it wasn't that revolutionary. There have been fast paced battles in games before, the only thing it did differently was stylus based combat. While in some cases it may be over-rated it's not over-sold. The fact that most of the acclaim comes from the people who downloaded the rom, because no one wanted to buy it. Low sales = square enix not making another one.

Kingdom Hearts seems over rated too.... I really like the Kingdom Hearts games, but some of the missions are just stupid. Why should I have to investigate everything in an area? It's really annoying to have to do this, especially when you can't find just one to complete the mission.

Professor Layton. I love the game, and everything about it, but it's way over-rated. If there was a lot of good puzzle games out there, this one wouldn't be a top seller. Unfortunately most puzzle/adventure games on the DS are total crap.

Elite Beat Agents. Played it for five minutes and quit. I instantly thought it was stupid.

The original puzzle quest. Sorry, but its just not that great.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I loved rhythm heaven. It's not for everyone. You'll either love it or you'll hate it.

I found Pokemon platinum to be... well... the same thing I did with Blue and Silver....

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anything from Square-Enix. The games are great, but the fans suffer from overhype syndrome which makes any game made by them seem highly overrated.

SaitoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My opinion.

The World Ends With You - In all honesty, the only reason why people even like or played the game in general is because the guy who did Kingdom Hearts was involved with the game. If it weren't for that, nobody would even give half a shit about this game. It's boring, the characters are stupid, the art looks like an average DeviantART user's gallery, the gameplay gets boring as hell, half the time you're wandering around doing nothing, more than half the time the pin you want to fight with WON'T WORK cause of some weird way how the game registers stylus-swiping, and the list goes on.
Even when I undubbed the game, I still couldn't stand it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you