Gaming Most Over-Rated DS Games.

Voke

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
regnad said:
I'm going to add myself to the very tiny TWEWY camp.

Clumsy controls aside, I found the dialog to be horribly, painfully cringe inducing. I couldn't play the game with the volume turned up out of embarrassment.

How did this game end up being teh greatest DS game evar according to just about everyone?

Aight, yo.
The characters are teenagers. You expect intelligent conversation between them?

ZeroTm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1. Chrono trigger = played it but just couldnt get into it. And if you think that I have just played 10 min. I played it 20h because I wanted to see why it was that hyped.

2. Starfy = just like chrono trigger I couldnt get into it and I seriously hate water levels since zelda OoT.

3. Kingdom hearts = it MAY be a decent rpg but still overrated by all the fan boys.

Wish it would be the overrated games of all consoles cuz then I would choose the most overrated game of all time... FF 7

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
ZeroTm said:
Wish it would be the overrated games of all consoles cuz then I would choose the most overrated game of all time... FF 7
Yeah, I never did understand why everyone liked FFVII so much. Seems like any other FF RPG to me.

The only DS game that I thought was overrated is Knights in the Nightmare. I liked the Dept. Heaven series so I was pleasantly surprised when this game was announced. I could never get into it though. The screen was cluttered and the game packed just too many things for me to handle. I did eventually beat it though because I liked the story.

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get y u guys complain on some games like castlevania im mean dawn of sorrow and order of ecclesia is pretty cool brings the old fun of castlevania and also TWEWTY was repetative but i mean it was cool GTA i can understand that being overated an all but the most overated of all is:

Pokemon (all of them including explorers)
Yugioh all of them

lecture.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
New Super Mario Bros.
Why? Because it isn't a very good Mario game and it is so freakin' easy, yet EVERYONE plays it.
People played it, in the hopes of the previous mario games that were great. And think about it. It's the first Mario game in ages that was truly a side scrolling platformer.

But it indeed is easy, and has a lot of problems that could've been easily fixed.

ZeroEXE93 said:
QUOTE(ZeroTm @ Jun 28 2009, 08:00 PM) Wish it would be the overrated games of all consoles cuz then I would choose the most overrated game of all time... FF 7
Yeah, I never did understand why everyone liked FFVII so much. Seems like any other FF RPG to me.

The only DS game that I thought was overrated is Knights in the Nightmare. I liked the Dept. Heaven series so I was pleasantly surprised when this game was announced. I could never get into it though. The screen was cluttered and the game packed just too many things for me to handle. I did eventually beat it though because I liked the story.

You think Knights is overrated? I don't think I've heard over 5 people that claim that this is the best game for the DS. I've heard that many people enjoyed it, but not at that level. It got a 78 average from Metacritics, and not to mention, it had less than 3000 sales in the first month.

I, for one, enjoyed it a lot. Not only did it mix two of my favorite genres together, it was quite well done. True, the screen was a bit messy, but it was really well done in my experience.

Harubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Megaman Battle Network & Starforce.

Despite the fact of the numerous titles.... i feel they wrecked good 'ol megaman.

Battle Network 1 for the GBA was fun and i had some good times playing it against friends... the rest was just pretty much the same...

Sorry.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Final fantasy 4 - Seriously people who say its better than final fantasy 3 on the DS have either not played 3 or have not played 4 because 4 is just boring and way too much effort its too much level grinding and the so called "amazing" story is bad!! Ok ill admit ff3 didnt have the best story ever but at least the gameplay was solid and it flows from start to finish without too much level grinding. thats how it should be.

Chrono Trigger - its the same game as the older forum members crew will know and have most likely played before be it on the snes or on emulator yes its still a great game but it anoys me seing all these young guns saying "oh my gawd this game is the best ever deff the best game on the snes" PLEASE there were TONS of better games on the snes such as the secret of mana series and Terranigma

GTA: Chinatown wars - before i start rant. i still think this is a good game but its way WAY overated. its not really that special its cool and all that but its not as great as everyone thinks it is. its just a good game nothing more. nothing less

and finally

TWEWY = overated? no way! XD its a brilliant game. great story , great characters , great graphics , great gameplay , great music , GREAT GAME

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ITT: I played a highly rated game for 5 mins. and it was either too hard for me or I didn't like it, so therefore it is overrated and I will go on to complain about its story, characters, and gameplay, though I only have about 5 minutes or so of experience with it.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
ITT: I played a highly rated game for 5 mins. and it was either too hard for me or I didn't like it, so therefore it is overrated and I will go on to complain about its story, characters, and gameplay, though I only have about 5 minutes or so of experience with it.

That's basically all this thread is... People who either haven't given a good game enough of a chance, or played a good game without knowing the genre of the game (only reason you'd ever hear anyone call Phoenix Wright a visual novel in a bad way) or they got pwnd by said game or found it too complicated and are too butthurt to pretend they never met.

There are exceptions, of course, but the above makes up most of the reasoning behind posts in the thread.

pioquinto111

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know why some of you people dislike TWEWY (maybe because of the hard controls) but the story is pretty good for me..
i especially like games with good story lines..

And for my OVER-RATED game.....

CHRONO TRIGGER DS!!!

i think this is one of the most over rated games there is.. i mean it was good before.. but i think its kind of retarded in one way or another..
(and please dont hate me for saying my comments..)

flaming people will give you nothing... help reduce internet bullying...... OK!!!!!

BTW... if you think TWEWY has clumsy controls then try playing it with a partner... you control one and let him/her control the other one...hahaah
a single player rpg turned out to be compatible with 2 players to hahahahah...

pioquinto111

Trophies
XP
Country
hahahha i've played TWEWY for 60 hrs now. i unlocked all of the week reports and completed all of the stories.. almost 100% complete..(i think.)
play i for a long time and i'm sure you'll like it

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrfatso said:
hmm, grand theft auto? i don know about u guys but for my first gta it feels pretty overhyped to me, for the "first" M rated game in the DS, i was expecting some sort of nudity, and open world is nice and all, but why can't i enter police station or hospitals

I would say that you shouldn't have played this as your first GTA.
biggrin.gif
The other GTAs have everything you mentioned. I would also recommend Saint's Row 2, which is like GTAIV but with fun added.
smileipb2.png

@Granville: Completely agree with you about Pokemon. Can't believe they get away with that shit.

@skyman: "new pokemon available" That are complete repeats of old ones. Look at Starfy. "with new movesets" Again, they are similar if not direct copies of old ones. "new gyms requiring new strategies" What, kill the trainers pokemon in sequence, then battle the Gym Leader? BOY! That's a big change in strategy!

@Saito: ... I really don't want to dignify this with a response... But.. No. Nonononono. I have never played Kingdom Hearts, and do not give a shit if the developer helped develop TWEWY. I like TWEWY on its own merits.

@ShatteredScreens: Every game is repetitive, yes, but Nintendo is the only company to make the games in THEMSELVES repetitive.

@Harlock: Agree with you about changing Kirby. We already had Yoshi Touch n' Go. We didn't need Canvas Curse.

@Kingdom: "Like the guy who played PW for 20 minutes. It is an awesome game." Game implies some more interaction than PW has, IMO. PW is more of a graphic novel, or a graphic Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book. Not saying that it wasn't good, but I play games to play games, not to read books. Although I am trying to get into it, now that I've taken a bit of a break from reading.

I don't think any games on DS are overrated. Once you have people camping out for Assassin's Creed, then you have an overrated game.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Private|Parts said:
@Harlock: Agree with you about changing Kirby. We already had Yoshi Touch n' Go. We didn't need Canvas Curse.
I didn't enjoy Yoshi Touch n' Go. However, I did enjoy Kirby to some extent. It was the first game I ever played on DS, and basically showed me what the DS could do. I will say however that it gets old quick.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uhh huh.

OMG OMG GUIZ TWEWY IS TEH SUXXORIZORZ TO TEH MAXX OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Uhh huh.

Will you guys hate me if I say that the Imagine series is overrated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm