Hacking Mighty Channels

HunterZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xFede said:
New Mighty Channels MOD: (See the readme for changes,Source Code Included)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1f8yt034ad7wtx4
Thanks! Any chance of a progress bar for the cover downloads though? It took a good 20 minutes for me, which was maddening.

Edit: Seems like half of the games are locking up at a black screen when I try to quit to the Wii System Menu. I'm running with IOS249, with the latest d2x cIOS installed.

Detonator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FIX94 said:
Hi Detonator, have you tried out mighty channels mod? If not do it:
http://gbatemp.net/t271798-mighty-channels...t&p=3866611

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried it, i'm not sure if my testings are fully conclusive, this is what I found.

1. I tried with IOS247(57), in the beginning, it didn't work, I retoggled appload and save to sd/usb (don't know if that did something because I started with appload enabled also
the first tries) and after a number of tries (hard restart wii), it suddenly started working (yeaaah right). (i'm not sure about all the steps here)

2. I tried also the delete save files, but that's a no no because then the game complains after the intro that it must be re-downloaded
(so I restored my nand backup)

3. so once it started working on IOS247, I also tried on IOS248 and it did work also there (this is definitely different than the original
mighty channels, because that one always returned to start-up screen)

4. the return to title-screen and wii-menu seems to be broken in every game now (not so in the orignal 11.1 mighty channels)

so, there must definitely have changed something in the loading of the MOD version (maybe Arena High or BI2 setting, or the fat mount retries ?)

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Any chance in fixing Ocarina? I don't even know why it's in there if it doesn't work. It's like a big tease
tongue.gif

HunterZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
I'm really sorry about this bug guys, I fixed it with my new cfg-loader forwarder version, I'll upload it now.

edit: OK here is the fixed version!

Loading Paths:
QUOTE said:
sd:/apps/mighty_channels/boot.dol
sd:/apps/triiforce_mrc/boot.dol
sd:/apps/mighty_channels/boot.elf
sd:/apps/triiforce_mrc/boot.elf
usb:/apps/mighty_channels/boot.dol
usb:/apps/triiforce_mrc/boot.dol
usb:/apps/mighty_channels/boot.elf
usb:/apps/triiforce_mrc/boot.elf

Download:
Mighty Channels - MIGH - IOS58 v10.wad (Mirror)
Thanks for this too. Works with xFede's Mighty Channels MOD version and passes the meta.xml settings so that it goes straight to my USB NAND files.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: where does Mighty Channels keep save games, and is it possible to transfer saves back and forth between virtual and real NAND?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's up with the compatibilty?

For instance:

When trying to boot Bejeweled2 from mightychannels 1.11 Wii just reboots.
Same game from postloader game boots fine.

Both using cIOS d2xbase56
Uneek : game boots fine.

I'm having lots of compatibilty driferences between pottentially the same way of emulating ( both based of of Triiforce )
Why do they differ so much?

I like MC for it's GUI.
I like Postloader for it's compatibilty/ speed
I like Uneek for it's 100% compatibilty and abilty to use Wifi for Wiiware games.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
What's up with the compatibilty?

For instance:

When trying to boot Bejeweled2 from mightychannels 1.11 Wii just reboots.
Same game from postloader game boots fine.

Both using cIOS d2xbase56
Uneek : game boots fine.

I'm having lots of compatibilty driferences between pottentially the same way of emulating ( both based of of Triiforce )

I like MC for it's GUI.
I like Postloader for it's compatibilty/ speed
I like Uneek for it's 100% compatibilty and abilty to use Wifi for Wiiware games.

Yeah I just tried 4 games with and without apploader setting and they didn't work so I gave up for tonight.
One game was Lit, another was Planet Pachinko.

IOS 249 d2x v6 [56]

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hielkenator said:

I have no ideas on why there are so much differences.

My implementation is on a mix of triiforce r91/r92 with all user interface removed, different gct loading method and completely different title name search, different dol loading (but this should not make difference), but the base is the same. From b30 added support for nand folder (almost the same of mc).

But another difference is that the title booter is not part of postloader but is a console only spawned process (very light, about 240Kb).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stfour said:
Hielkenator said:

I have no ideas on why there are so much differences.

My implementation is on a mix of triiforce r91/r92 with all user interface removed, different gct loading method and completely different title name search, different dol loading (but this should not make difference), but the base is the same. From b30 added support for nand folder (almost the same of mc).

But another difference is that the title booter is not part of postloader but is a console only spawned process very light (about 240Kb).

Well, there must be something...
I'm leaning heavily towards Postloader now...
And Uneek for incompatible games.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to bring the obvious question, but I am now getting 'can't find title error'. Read thorough all this thread and nothing works now.
My problem is that it was fine before I upgraded to 249 d2x 6 [56].
why out of the box it is:

so I change it to

--ios=249
--auto=USB
--partition=0
--path=/nand
--fullmode=1

I tried the Mighty Channels - MIGH - IOS58 v10.wad also...

this is killing me.....can anyone help?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
drvipej said:
I hate to bring the obvious question, but I am now getting 'can't find title error'. Read thorough all this thread and nothing works now.

so I change it to

--ios=249
--auto=USB
--partition=0
--path=/nand
--fullmode=1

yep that'sthe error I'm having also most of the time.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
drvipej said:

so I change it to

--ios=249
--auto=USB
--partition=0
--path=/nand
--fullmode=1

yep that'sthe error I'm having also most of the time.

I actually thought it was the NAND, maybe it has become corrupt...
I have just created a new small one from ModMii, put just one game in there, but it is still the same...

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devante said:
Question: where does Mighty Channels keep save games, and is it possible to transfer saves back and forth between virtual and real NAND?

Found my answer on another site.

To quote:

QUOTEThe Miis are located in:
\shared2\menu\FaceLib\RFL_DB.dat
Just copy the FaceLib folder into the same location in the new NAND.

Savegames are located in:
\title\10000\
Every folder in there contains a save game. Just copy all the contents of the 00010000 folder into the same location in the new NAND.

NOTICE: When you go into the Mii channel for the first time, you'll still have to make a Mii. You can just quit out, and then delete that Mii, and all of your others should be there. Savegames will NOT appear until you play the game at least once. Mario Galaxy (and other games that use Miis) saves may not associate your Mii with your save file, you will need to re-associate them.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devante said:
Devante said:

Found my answer on another site.

To quote:

QUOTEThe Miis are located in:
\shared2\menu\FaceLib\RFL_DB.dat
Just copy the FaceLib folder into the same location in the new NAND.

Savegames are located in:
\title\10000\
Every folder in there contains a save game. Just copy all the contents of the 00010000 folder into the same location in the new NAND.

NOTICE: When you go into the Mii channel for the first time, you'll still have to make a Mii. You can just quit out, and then delete that Mii, and all of your others should be there. Savegames will NOT appear until you play the game at least once. Mario Galaxy (and other games that use Miis) saves may not associate your Mii with your save file, you will need to re-associate them.

Thank you, answered my question before I even got to ask it.

azoschke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having difficulty running some VC on Mighty Channels. The main one I'm working with is Paper Mario. It boots fine in UNEEK for me, but in Mighty Channels it hangs on the "you need the Classic Controller" screen. I'm using d2x v6 with 56 base. Every WiiWare I've tried boots fine, and the first post in this thread said 100% VC compatibility, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

edit:
wanted to mention that I have the same issue with the mighty channels MOD posted a few pages back

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like this has the least compatibility of the three loaders (Mighty Channel, Postloader2, UNEEK).

However, give it time. This will be the best one!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Paper Mario is romc compressed, for some reason d2x can't use it. You could use a older Mighty Channels version together with cIOS249 v17 to fix it. But this would lower the general compatibility.

azoschke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Paper Mario is romc compressed, for some reason d2x can't use it. You could use a older Mighty Channels version together with cIOS249 v17 to fix it. But this would lower the general compatibility.

Ok, thanks for the info. I think for the time being I'm just going to use UNEEK as my WiiWare/VC loader. Looking forward to any Mighty Channels/D2X improvements though!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
azoschke said:
I've been having difficulty running some VC on Mighty Channels. The main one I'm working with is Paper Mario. It boots fine in UNEEK for me, but in Mighty Channels it hangs on the "you need the Classic Controller" screen. I'm using d2x v6 with 56 base. Every WiiWare I've tried boots fine, and the first post in this thread said 100% VC compatibility, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

edit:
wanted to mention that I have the same issue with the mighty channels MOD posted a few pages back
You can try with cIOS d2x with base 38, this seems to fix most of N64 games.

And you can also have two Mighty Channels installed, one using d2x and one using rev17 (just edit the meta.xml).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ