WIP NX Game Info for macOS and Windows

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Garou, Jan 9, 2019.

Front-page WIP
    I want to share something that I've been working on for a while
    It started of as an experiment to add LibHac to Switch Backup Manager, but as it was easier to make a new project instead of doing with an existing app with already lots of things in it, it progressed as a separate project. Although because now it is a separate project, a macOS build was made possible

NX Game Info

Tool to read information from Nintendo Switch game files, with the following features
    • Read NSP, XCI and installed titles from SD card
    • Game files structure (Scene release, CDN rip, converted)
    • NCA signature (Verify if it's official Nintendo titles. Unmodified titles should pass this test)
    • FS permission (Read filesystem permission. Game titles should not have excessive filesystem permissions such as EraseMmc)
    • macOS and Windows build

To use this app, you need to provide 4 files
    • prod.keys: Your usual keys file, also commonly found as keys.txt in other apps. Can be obtained from your Switch using Lockpick
    • console.keys: SD seed key, can also be obtained using Lockpick. Please refer to this for more details. This is only required for Open SD Card to function, and only sd_seed key (along with sd_card_kek_source and sd_card_nca_key_source in prod.keys) is required. Other keys can be ignored
    • title.keys: Title keys file, support any popular format such as from newkeydb or nutdb. This is required to read FS permission for games using Titlekey Crypto. Also used to map game title name and latest version if available. For more details see https://github.com/garoxas/LibHac/blob/NX_Game_Info/KEYS.md#title-keys
    • hac_versionlist.json: Version list file, can be downloaded from https://pastebin.com/raw/9N26Bx10 (updated daily). No DLC version
    For more details, please refer to https://github.com/garoxas/NX_Game_Info#how-to

NX_Game_Info_macOS.

NX_Game_Info_macOS_SD_Card.

NX_Game_Info_Windows.

NX_Game_Info_Windows_SD_Card.

Download

https://github.com/garoxas/NX_Game_Info/releases

Thanks to

For macOS Users

If the app suddenly closes when you try to run it, go to System Preferences then to Security & Privacy, there you'll need to select Open Anyway to be able to run this app

gatekeeper.

nataliabf, fodder, PRAGMA and 15 others like this.
    Discussion (29 replies)
  1. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    This is awesome! Cannot wait for all the mods to come out from this and other toolsets!

Can I add a very small suggestion? Reading your github there isn't a general description (other than "NX Game Info" at the top where normally the description goes...), but in this thread you've already done a great job providing one. Could you simply copy this to your github to add a as a general infopanel about what NX Game Info is?

SaffronXL and Garou like this.
  2. GibaBR

GibaBR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2018
    Brazil
    This is Amazing!!! Thank's for this @Garou!!!!

Garou likes this.
  3. Garou
    OP

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
    good point. thanks for pointing out

thanks man
    I'm still planning to merge this to Switch Backup Manager though, but as I said before, the code is quite big now. need to find the mood and start with small steps replacing those hactool calls to LibHac ^_^

lordelan and SaffronXL like this.
  4. GibaBR

GibaBR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2018
    Brazil
    I think you did the right thing. SBM's code is a little messy :P and a refresh is very welcome.

lordelan likes this.
  5. ReikaRin

ReikaRin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2018
    Indonesia
    trying to open directory, working normal when opening update and dlc directory

Attached Files:

• aw.PNG
      aw.PNG
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
  6. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    woah this reminds me of the extention on windows where it would show the picture of the cia file instead of a blank file image nice work!

7. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Looks super useful. Nice job! (Hoping to see a Linux version in the future :shy:)

8. Garou
    OP

Jan 13, 2015
    Can you share the error details here? (Click the Details button and copy everything inside it)
    Thanks

9. ReikaRin

ReikaRin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2018
    Indonesia
    here the details

Attached Files:

Garou likes this.
  10. Garou
    OP

Jan 13, 2015
    I think I need to start to implement proper logging
    currently it's very minimal and hard to pinpoint the issue, but I will release a fix that ignore files causing the crash tomorrow. that way we can find out what files is having the issue so I can test it out myself

11. SaffronXL

SaffronXL Falcon 45

Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    Wow, this app is working great for me, thank you!
    I used Lockpick to creat prod.keys, copied sd_seed from it into console.keys, and saved the current NutDB as title.keys. If I want to read an SD from another Switch, the only file I need to edit is console.keys, right?

12. Garou
    OP

Jan 13, 2015
    Yes

SaffronXL likes this.
  13. SuperNintendho

SuperNintendho Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    SuperNintendho is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 26, 2018
    United States
    Ghost Of Soldiers
    Nice! Very useful
    Any chance that this will get a Linux release?

14. Garou
    OP

Jan 13, 2015
    unfortunately no :sleep:
    the UI part is using native platform, so to port it to linux means need to code the UI part from scratch

15. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Sad! :sad: But I got a dual boot Windows/Linux, so I'll just reboot to windows to use it. Inconvenient, but I can live with it. (maybe I'll try Wine, though).

16. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese 100%!
    You are very kind. Thanks for macOS. Awesome job!

17. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    Good work, a reason to finally own a switch along with xlink for free online the way it’s meant to be

18. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I tried to run v0.3.1 (didn't try previous version), but it directly crash with "a problem occurred. NX Game info ceased to function" windows message.
    It doesn't look like a common .Net framework crash, with log. just a windows notice that the program stopped working, with no error or log info.
    I'm on Win7 x64, .Net 4.7.1
    I put my prod.keys (from 4.1.0) on the same folder than the program.

I'll try lockpick to get keys instead of kezplez.

edit:
    Found the problem : title.keys must exist, even if empty !
    it's marked as optional on the readme, but not as required even if empty.
    other optional keys files are probably required even if empty too.

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 12, 2019 at 12:06 PM
    Garou likes this.
  19. Garou
    OP

Jan 13, 2015
    thanks a lot for your finding
    I'm currently working on the logging to make it easier to debug if there's any error like this

Cyan likes this.