• Hell no...

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope. Wii U will only be saved when Super Smash Bros. 4 or GameCube support for the Wii U come out.

Mario 3D World was supposed to save the Wii U but failed and really, if there's one game that has the potential to make console sales go through the roof then it's none other than SSB4.
While I have doubt SSB4 will be anything more than a sales boost for a short time, I can practically guarantee Gamecube support will do jack shit in saving the WiiU.

Reactions: T Link7 and Mario92

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't know if this was covered before but it seems that Mario Kart 8 can brick Wii U

I am ordered game and was looking forward when it arrives to me but now I am not sure what to think. My Wii U has no homebrew or anything installed of that kind.
NOTE: I was not the one who created this video.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nope. Wii U will only be saved when Super Smash Bros. 4 or GameCube support for the Wii U come out.

Mario 3D World was supposed to save the Wii U but failed and really, if there's one game that has the potential to make console sales go through the roof then it's none other than SSB4.

He is indeed correct. Mario Kart 8 sold 1.2 Million copies in the last week, 82 percent of which came from the Wii U bundle. 82 percent of 1.2 Million is 984,000.

The lifetime sales for Wii U so far has been 6.17 Million (now it'll be bumped up to 7.15). That means in just one week, Wii U made almost 1/7th of its lifetime sales. It's sure to stay steady for the next few weeks at least, E3 will do nothing but help.

I'm not saying the Wii U's a sure thing, but the worst part is probably over for Nintendo.

And honestly, Mario Kart has always been the system seller. It sold the SNES, It sold the N64, It sold the Gamecube, It sold the DS, It sold the 3DS. The Wii was already huge without Mario Kart but the effect was just the same.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I must say I wasn't too impressed by it at first. Aside from the wall-running, it's pretty much exactly the same as the wii game. The 50cc courses are more of a chore to play through than an actual race and there are some small annoyances (why can't we use two screens when there are two players? Why is that 'highlight reel' the default option over 'next race'? Why can't I change controls? Why are certain important-to-know things like drifting not explained during loading a race?). And while the race themes themselves are pretty varied, all this mario themes are still kind of samey when compared to Sonic: all stars racing (which had speed and a wider variety in themes and characters). All in all, I kind of feared that the Zelda WW would be the thing making it worth wile.

But the more I play it, the more I come to love it. Thus far, not a single map has become less interesting the more I race on it and while playing I often get that "I should quit...but just ONE MORE race" feeling.

but sales are up by %666!
Does that mean they sold their soul to someone to make these kinds of sales? ;)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

Talk about LOL, that is just poetry at its best!!! Man that made me laugh hard, bad boy Luigi dropping other runners on his patch and check out the slow mo on the way he looks around at Waluigi as if to say FU!!! next he needs to get the AK47 out on bowser just to do it pure justice:lol:

Just want to point out though Ridin Dirty means carrying drugs while driving, not doing a drive by so the title is a little bit mixed up but never mind its irrelevant!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
People... please stop confusing what you think would be cool with what would actually be good for the WiiU....

Good = Smash 4
Cool = GameCube

Super Smash Bros. 4 will wipe the floor with Mario Kart 8 when it's released.

He is indeed correct. Mario Kart 8 sold 1.2 Million copies

I'm well aware of that but more than likely, Super Smash Bros. 4 sales will probably be even higher than MK8 due to being hugely popular and attracting the attention of hardcore beat em up gamers.

Anyway, when the gamer becomes used to the controls and driving of MK8 the game itself becomes quite easy, this includes the 150cc too which I'm more often than not always in 1st place.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good = Smash 4
Cool = GameCube

Super Smash Bros. 4 will wipe the floor with Mario Kart 8 when it's released.

I'm well aware of that but more than likely, Super Smash Bros. 4 sales will probably be even higher than MK8 due to being hugely popular and attracting the attention of hardcore beat em up gamers.

Anyway, when the gamer becomes used to the controls and driving of MK8 the game itself becomes quite easy, this includes the 150cc too which I'm more often than not always in 1st place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_game
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Gamecube_video_games
My money is on Smash matching Kart's sales at BEST.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the wall-running, it's pretty much exactly the same as the wii game.
I don't reallly agree, a lot of the items are different, and the anti-grav adds a lot (it totally changes the racing strategy because of how carts interact when they collide). There are several other additions such as more weight classes, and cart customization. Also, the use of coins in normal races to increase top speed and give small boosts changes game-play a lot. The graphics are also better. While on the surface, they are similar, there have been a lot of significant changes.

The 50cc courses are more of a chore to play through than an actual race
Then skip them, anything you earn in 100cc or even 150cc will carry down to the lower levels (including star rankings). The only down side to this is that it makes the characters a little harder to unlock (as you then can't use the 50cc cups to unlock characters).

Why can't we use two screens when there are two players? Why is that 'highlight reel' the default option over 'next race'? Why can't I change controls?
These are valid points. The default highlight reel thing is really irritating. You can change controls, but you have to back out all the way to the title screen (which is super unintuitive).

Why are certain important-to-know things like drifting not explained during loading a race?
Has this ever been the case? I feel like most mechanics in Mario Kart I have discovered by trial and error.

All in all, I kind of feared that the Zelda WW would be the thing making it worth wile.
That was the greatest deal ever. All of those games a fairly good, and Zelda and Pikmin are AMAZING.

But the more I play it, the more I come to love it.
Woops, should have finished reading your post before I stated creating a response, but all the points are still valid, and it is already written, so I'll post it anyway :P

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Mario Kart 8 is far better than Mario Kart Wii, for example, the AI aren't a bunch of bastards always hammering you down without the possibility to drive.

Still, the list of playable characters is pretty 'meh', aside from Rosalina which she became my favourite after playing as her in Mario 3D World.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3tSfM8OXM