Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm well aware of that but more than likely, Super Smash Bros. 4 sales will probably be even higher than MK8 due to being hugely popular and attracting the attention of hardcore beat em up gamers.

You honestly think the hardcore beat-em-up market is bigger than the casual cartoon-racer one??

Reactions: Count Duckula

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they found a way to CHEAT already called
Fire Hopping

there goes online... :glare:

WTF is that?

You honestly think the hardcore beat-em-up market is bigger than the casual cartoon-racer one??
Even though the beat-em-up games > most casual games. Key word, "most".

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

One that aims not only for the casual but also for the hardcore? Yeah. Don't forget there's also Smash tournaments.

The target audience of Smash is bigger than Mario Kart's.

look at this bullshit!! :angry:

It's not bs. It's just players using all the tricks available to gain the first or so position in the top.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's not bs. It's just players using all the tricks available to gain the first or so position in the top.

no no no that is NOT a trick it is a GLITCH you are NOT supposed to be able to do that. as soon as you jump you should lose the boost. these CHEATERS are using an exploit. hope ninty patches it :angry:

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with the other guy id say target audience for Mario Kart is much bigger then smash bros.
You probably get more people online talking about smash bros but its all the people who don't sit in forums and post news online are buying Mario Kart.
I'm quite sure it will follow Wii trends and outsell smash quite well.
Hell my 5 year old niece and her friends are addicted to Mario Kart also my Mother plays the game id say the Audience is pretty large.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Firehopping is indeed cheating.

How does it work? Simple: when the boost is almost at it's end start jumping. Since the cart slows down when in contact with the road.

Is it easy? Sort off... still it ruins online play for those that cannot do this

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
...It doesn't look nearly as bad as you're making it sound, seriously. When you get a boost, hop a few times for a little extra boost. One, it's pretty fucking easy, two, it's not that big of a boost, three, you're making yourself a bigger target for items and other players to bump into you by doing that considering you can't steer during hops.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
except when the guy in 1st is way ahead of everyone where no items can touch them they just keep using this CHEAT to get even more further ahead. hope they patch it soon i don't want any cheats of any kind in this game. cheating fags RUINED MK WII their not going to ruin this too!

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
they found a way to CHEAT already called
Fire Hopping

there goes online... :glare:

Well it was about time people caught on to this, i didnt realise you could do it numerous times in a row but i knew if you jumped at the end of a boost, you can keep the boost going for a while longer. Makes sense tho doesnt it, you dont feel the drag of the road thus you dont slow down. I dont think this is a game killer. Yes, it will make some people better than others but unless you have managed to get out to a huge lead in 1st, you will never be able to do this consistantly. Probably an easy patch for Nintendo tho coz i didnt think they could patch Mario kart 7, but they did.

Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I prefer the classic controller pro to the pro controller for this game. I like the feel of the shoulder buttons better

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
MK8 among the casual is pretty popular, most of them don't even drift but rather just use the analogue stick which I find to be quite boring and dull looking.

Drifting in MK8 is quite nice but the damn controller layout should be customisable. :-/

luigi has gone viral!!!

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Oh another controversial video of a game this time about Mary-O.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have no problem with the controller layout using the pro controller. whats wrong with it you use 3 buttons A to drive, zl for items and zr for drifting/jump

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i have no problem with the controller layout using the pro controller. whats wrong with it you use 3 buttons A to drive, zl for items and zr for drifting/jump

All driving games that I've been playing for some years now have been with the RT/R2 shoulder triggers and even for old games like Gran Turismo on PS2 and NFS I'd change it to R2 because this is how it feels natural for me to play them.

But I digress, the game's a shit-ton of fun and I'm buying it (£31), although playing it at work is quite a nice plus too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, you're welcome