Mario Kart 8 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Jiehfeng, Apr 30, 2014.

?

Hyped for MK8?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. HELL YES!

94 vote(s)
    59.5%
  3. No

13 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. Hell no...

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng Wu-Wei

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Finding that out myself.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the Mario Kart 8 Official Discussion Thread!!!​
    Mario Kart 8 Direct
    Latest Trailer
    Info
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_8 (yeah just read it, can't be bothered to paste it)​

Arab and the_randomizer like this.
  2. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPEHYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

It looks so good and n64 Rainbow Road <3 <3

filfat, KingVamp, Essometer and 2 others like this.
  3. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    For us UKers, Tesco have got a pretty canny deal here

Satangel, T Link7 and Jiehfeng like this.
  4. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Im seriously hyped up for this game because it looks fantastic!!

For the "discussion" ill pose a few questions to get the ball rolling:

1) Do you think the horn will be too overpowered? It looks like it only has one use (thankfully) but i still think alot of other items will be relegated in favour of just trying to get that item. So im 50/50 on if thats a good new item or not.

2) Fave returning track? For me its tick tock clock without a doubt, i love that level!

Satangel likes this.
  5. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I just watched a 36 minute long presentation of the game and they completely failed to even mention how the gamepad screen would be used. Probably not at all (it wasn't that useful in Sonic racing either), but IMO they should at least mention it. I guess all the other players will have to use the controls from the wii, going by the pedal in the bundle.

emigre: gotta admit that it IS a sweet fucking bundle. In fact, I actually regret buying a wiiu at launch now (this deal is cheaper, comes with a wiimote AND with a better game - or two better games - than nintendo land).

6. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Peach Beach, please return!

EZ-Megaman and ShinyLatios like this.
  7. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Someone uploaded all the music from the game! Its in a nice handy playlist with all the new remixed tracks and orchestral excellence. Check it out here

Jiehfeng likes this.
  8. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I'm defiantly picking it up when it hits the shelves and am looking forward to it, but I don't find myself to be super hyped.:O

Jiehfeng likes this.
  9. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng Wu-Wei

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Finding that out myself.
    Gah, won't be getting it on release date. But I will get it as soon as I can.

10. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    I'm going to take the 2-3 hour bus journey to get this on launch, gonna wake up as early as I can, get the game and then block out all light from my bedroom, lock the doors and never be seen again.

Presentum and dario14 like this.
  11. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
  12. FireGrey

Apr 13, 2010
    I don't know how you could expect that it would be on the 3ds, I remember a lot of complaints about mario kart 7 not being on the 3DS, back when it was the 3D DS.

13. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    once again were last to get it May 31. but at least it's only 1 day this time and not a fucking month like it usually is for games!

14. FireGrey

Apr 13, 2010
    Thankfully it only happens to be about half a day, we were the first to get X and Y by that amount of time :evil:

15. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Here's one prediction:

Mario Kart 8 is released for the Wii U. Only a small sales boost for the Wii U.
    Nintendo realizes they are losing major bucks by only selling Mario Kart 8 on a poor-selling Wii U console.
    Mario Kart 8 is released for the 3DS.

16. T Link7

T Link7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2008
    Netherlands

Never going to happen. I mean, despite them not selling a lot, Nintendo hasn't released Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and other Wii U titles on the 3DS either, now have they?
    If they did start doing that, they're basically saying: ''Okay, everyone, the Wii U is dead, abandon ship!'' and poof go the already mediocre Wii U sales. They could put remakes of Wii U games on other consoles after the Wii U support has been dropped, though.

17. fojacko

fojacko GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    Yeah, why would they buy the wiiu for MK8 when they could buy a cheaper console which is portable and plays the game they were gonna buy the wiiu for. Releasing MK8 for 3ds would be great for 3ds sales, but most people already have a 3ds and if they don't it's like half the price of the wiiu. But it'd be a huge mistake for the WiiU, I already know 3 people who are buying a WiiU (and i don't know that many people) for MK8, they get the game in the bundle and a free game with MK8, that's an amazing deal, even more so for people who don't have a WiiU.

T Link7 likes this.
  18. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Mario Kart 8 wouldn't work on the 3DS. It's not powerful enough to have all that fancy-schmancy stuff like anti-gravity and high-quality graphics.

When will people understand that every Nintendo console has a single, exclusive Mario Kart game? If you want Mario Kart on 3DS, you got MK7, deal with it. If you want the stuff that the 3DS can't handle, too friggin' bad. Support Nintendo in their tough times and buy a damn Wii U.

Xabring, Satangel and Damian666 like this.
  19. fojacko

fojacko GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    Just preordered, i've always got preorders from GAME a day or 2 early, let's hope that streak continues :lol:

[​IMG]
    I also got £5 off, since I frequently buy steam wallet vouchers from there, so my game reward card is always being used.

Satangel likes this.
  20. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

The 3DS doesn't deserve another Mario Kart, there's been only one MK per console, deal with it.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.