• Hell no...

Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I agree. It is a very bare bones game (not even referencing the battle mode). I've been thinking how do you make it more "fleshed out" to bring it in line with a 2015/2014 game??

Track maker maybe?
A story mode like Diddy Kong racing 64 (I personally thought that game was shit)?
Better online competitions?
If Nintendo ever bothered to include actual Battle Mode stages it'd have given the game more replay value. I must've played it for like 5mins before I decided to go back to the proper racing tracks, because really, those were just racing stages.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The game came with everything that any other Mario Kart came with- just with a butchered (but still playable) Battle Mode. And honestly I'm not even fussed about the Battle Mode. They ruined Battle Mode long before MK8...

Slapping a Time Limit on something will always ruin it.

The only Mario Kart game that rivals the base game content of Mario Kart 8 is Mario Kart DS. They both came with 32 tracks, and both had a significantly larger variety of customization options in VS Mode (But MK8 gives you the ability to turn items off for the first time ever). MKDS had the Event Mode- and MK8 had MKTV which was fun to mess around with.

But MK8 was made much more expansive with updates and DLC. More tracks than any other MK game has ever had (48), and also 200cc.

Reactions: keven3477

loco365

Trophies
XP
So I've been playing around with making custom matches in offline mode just for shits and giggles. Such examples being 200CC Bomb-omb only Baby Park run, or 200CC/Only Mushrooms/Random Tracks. But today I did a 200CC Frantic Mode, and I finally got a chance to pull off a trick in MK8 I've wanted to do for ages: Escape a Blue Shell with only a Mushroom:

kzR5mRr.jpg

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you just love getting coins only for the last lap when you are in first place so you end up in 9th by the time you limp across the line?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been noticing online that frequently a racer is in 2 player mode and the second racer only has a 1000 or very close to it score. Is there something shady going on or does he just have a friend over and using a mii account? Sometimes they suck but usually rank right up there with everyone else. I started noticing this at the 5-6k level.

Btw WiiCube I ran into your friend "Blackie" the other day.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I have been noticing online that frequently a racer is in 2 player mode and the second racer only has a 1000 or very close to it score. Is there something shady going on or does he just have a friend over and using a mii account? Sometimes they suck but usually rank right up there with everyone else. I started noticing this at the 5-6k level.

That's probably just someone letting their brother/sister/nephew/niece/friend play as well.

Btw WiiCube I ran into your friend "Blackie" the other day.

Oh, I've not used him for months now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)