MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I work for Walmart unloading freight trucks, and this baby just came in last night, so I snapped a pic secretly without anyone knowing. The box has red tape on it that says "DO NOT SELL UNTIL MAY 30TH, 2014".

itSVQif.jpg

D

Deleted User

Im so hyped for this game! I am although a tad annoyed with the reviewers yet again complaining its not as good as Double Dash. Honestly the Mario Kart fans that claim Double Dash is the best and it will never get any better are a bit blind. Every Mario Kart game is better than the last one. Mario Kart Wii was better than Double Dash (it was like the same thing but with motion controls and more characters and vehicles + online) and Mario Kart 7 was better than Mario Kart Wii. Mario Kart 8 will be better than 7 because of the amazing graphics, more kart parts and imo some of the best tracks of all time

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Im so hyped for this game! I am although a tad annoyed with the reviewers yet again complaining its not as good as Double Dash. Honestly the Mario Kart fans that claim Double Dash is the best and it will never get any better are a bit blind. Every Mario Kart game is better than the last one. Mario Kart Wii was better than Double Dash (it was like the same thing but with motion controls and more characters and vehicles + online) and Mario Kart 7 was better than Mario Kart Wii. Mario Kart 8 will be better than 7 because of the amazing graphics, more kart parts and imo some of the best tracks of all time

I agree with you about double dash, i actually still think of that game as the worst in the series in terms of how good it was when it first came out and my least fave to re-play for nostalgic reasons, I dont think they get better each time tho. Mario kart 64 is a prime EG of a mario kart game that has aged well, me and my friends still play it when we hang out and i still think of that as the best mario kart game. I think the DS one deserves more praise too, before MK8 (which is looking fantastic for track design) the DS version of mario kart had some of the coolest and most creative tracks of any version and included mission mode AND online play.

If i were to rank them, it would go something like this:
Mario kart 64 > Mario kart DS > Mario kart Wii > Mario kart 7 > Mario kart super circuit (3DS version, not played original) > Super mario kart > Mario kart double dash

I do think Mario kart 8 has a chance of making top 3. Track design looks fantastic and so does online play but i feel the battle mode nerf will stop it from being #1.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I work for Walmart unloading freight trucks, and this baby just came in last night, so I snapped a pic secretly without anyone knowing. The box has red tape on it that says "DO NOT SELL UNTIL MAY 30TH, 2014".
<snip>

Erm...I don't want to scare you, but if Mario Kart 8 gets leaked online one of these days, this picture will make you their prime suspect (it won't be that hard for nintendo to trace it directly to your store).

super mario 128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish their were more characters in the roster but I guess it all right. I'm hoping for a ton of kart parts but it looks like most, if not all of them have been shown. So after saying all that. I hope Nintendo makes DLC for the game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...I don't want to scare you, but if Mario Kart 8 gets leaked online one of these days, this picture will make you their prime suspect (it won't be that hard for nintendo to trace it directly to your store).
Agreed, don't become the next Kongsnutz man.... Just don't. If you don't know who that is, search our forums.

I wish their were more characters in the roster but I guess it all right. I'm hoping for a ton of kart parts but it looks like most, if not all of them have been shown. So after saying all that. I hope Nintendo makes DLC for the game.
Yes, please please please make some (free) DLC. Get with the times, at least release new maps every few months, it's so easy to port them from other MK versions, come on man..... I was really bummed out MK Wii had 0 official support, so much potential... The time trial parts were good, challenges too, but still. So much more could've been done.

For us UKers, Tesco have got a pretty canny deal here
That's 250 euros, crazy deal. Damn that's tempting

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I fear nothing. :)

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

The Koopalings, Metal Mario/Pink Gold Peach (really?) and Baby Characters were a cop-out. Just an excuse to be lazy and fill up the roster with clone characters imo. Definitely disappointed.

Ordinarily I'd be stoked about having 30 characters in a Mario Kart game. Take out the Koopalings. We're down to 23. Take out the Babies, 18. Take out Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach, 16. So that kinda brings it down. There could have been more creative choices but I guess Nintendo didn't want the same reaction to the Queen Bee in MK7.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Agreed, don't become the next Kongsnutz man.... Just don't. If you don't know who that is, search our forums.

Thanks, and I just read KongsNuts' story as per your suggestion. I'm not leaking anything but pictures and release dates. So the "Big N" can suck the big D.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
The Koopalings, Metal Mario/Pink Gold Peach (really?) and Baby Characters were a cop-out. Just an excuse to be lazy and fill up the roster with clone characters imo. Definitely disappointed.

Im totally ok with the koopalings. The big missing characters for me are Boo, Dry bones.

I really dont understand how metal mario keeps being included, i cant stand that character and he feels out of place and golden peach is ridiculous. I think they need to get rid of all the baby characters (Does anyone actually like the baby characters?) and include mario kart regulars. Maybe make a Goomba driver?

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't read much about MK 8 but does it have a Sonic Transformed style career mode? I'm playing that game right now and love how there are different paths and race styles needed to unlock everything.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The 3DS doesn't deserve another Mario Kart, there's been only one MK per console, deal with it.

Exactly.

Not sure why people thought Nintendo would make another Mario Kart even though each Nintendo console has received one and only MK title per year-cycle.

I'm gonna buy a LAN-USB adapter after I find a decent deal on MK8, I'd be happy paying £32 so I'll wait for ShopTo or Zavvi to make it happen. I remember SM3DW being £40 and then for a short time dropping to £29.

Reactions: the_randomizer

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im totally ok with the koopalings. The big missing characters for me are Boo, Dry bones.

I really dont understand how metal mario keeps being included, i cant stand that character and he feels out of place and golden peach is ridiculous. I think they need to get rid of all the baby characters (Does anyone actually like the baby characters?) and include mario kart regulars. Maybe make a Goomba driver?
Baby Peach's voice seriously pissed me off on MKWii, now there's a Baby Rosalina?! Sorry but I'm not sure Rosalina herself deserves the attention she's been getting anyway - just a glorified Peach! Otherwise meh, I'm not really that fussed, characters are characters - would rather see an extra 4 tracks than an extra 4 characters...
Metal Mario & Golden Peach - well they're just lazy! If they really needed similar I'd have took Dr Mario instead, but again, if this pseudo-reskin meant more time was spent on the tracks, then I'm fine with that!

Literally cannot wait for this game to arrive anyway! (Yeah I also pre-ordered from Game - fingers crossed for a wednesday or thursday delivery!) I'm now avoiding any videos, and seriously thinking of booking the week after off work :D (sad ehh..)

EDIT: Oh aye, Double Dash: some fabulous courses on it, but otherwise - worst in the series if you ask me.... (2nd worst - GBA Super Circuit, 3rd worst - MK64)

D

Deleted User

Yeah the characters are kind of meh. Its nice to play as the Koopalings but they took up SEVEN SPOTS!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah the characters are kind of meh. Its nice to play as the Koopalings but they took up SEVEN SPOTS!

If you think the characters of this game are meh, check out Sonic Transformed roster
I know like, 3 of those, that's it. That's 'meh' in my book. A shame because the gameplay deserves more really. It's a great game

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just got my copy of Mario Kart 8 today and it's quite fun. Nothing too new or different from Mario Kart 7, it's pretty similar actually. Going online to try out multiplayer now :D
I've got to say it's really weird seeing Mario Kart in HD though.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Here's a pic of mine as well, and the little preorder keychain that I got. Someone pointed out that the preorder gift looks like a golden turd, and I'm seeing it too now that they mentioned it. Looks good on my keychain though :)
If any of you guys wanna hang out in online multiplayer feel free to add my NNID :D It's in my signature.

20140527_164357.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E