Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's DLC courses will still be playable online for those who don't own them

Screen_Shot_2022_02_09_at_5.38.15_PM.jpg

As announced in last week's Nintendo Direct, 48 new courses will be coming to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe through the end of 2023. Something not announced at the Direct, however, is that the courses will still be playable online, even if you haven't bought them. According to a page on Nintendo's website, the tracks from the first wave will be available in local and online private matches as long as one player owns the Booster Course Pass. Additionally, from March 22, four days after their release, the tracks will start appearing in random selection for all online matchmaking sessions. The page stipulates that players can only purchase the entire Booster Course Pass, and cannot purchase individual tracks, cups, or waves.

The eight courses coming on March 18 have also been revealed, and they are all tracks previously featured in the Mario Kart series.

Golden Dash Cup
  • Paris Promenade (Mario Kart Tour)​
  • Toad Circuit (Mario Kart 7)​
  • Choco Mountain (Mario Kart 64)​
  • Coconut Mall (Mario Kart Wii)​
Lucky Cat Cup
  • Tokyo Blur (Mario Kart Tour)
  • Shroom Ridge (Mario Kart DS)
  • Sky Garden (Mario Kart: Super Circuit)
  • Ninja Hideaway (Mario Kart Tour)
:arrow: Source

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if MK8 is still selling well it wouldn't even remotely compare to the potentially huge injection of money that Nintendo would get if they just released MK9 because yall know that's the way to make the millions of people who already bought MK8 to buy it again...

The most likely reason why we didn't get a MK9 is the same reason why we didn't get a 'Mario Odyssey 2' yet, and that reason is that those games are being developed with Nintendo's next system in mind, which totally makes sense not only as a selling point but also considering the bottleneck that the current Switch hardware is for the devs to introduce any new games without them being more of the same.
Maybe with luck the OG Switch gets a downgraded version.
how can they force you to buy the Successor of Switch Console on Day ONE of release?
make Mario Kart 9 a Lunch game for it

do you honestly think they are stupid to release a system seller game when they have another console coming

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paying to race online is a huge problem. 15 years racing online on Mario Kart then they put up a paywall. Nintendo lost that squeaky clean, everyone included type vibe

• Sad
Reactions: ChibiMofo

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
8 is actually one of my least favorite entries (though slightly better than Wii). Those two forementioned games killed the series for me (Super, 64, GP, and DD are some of my favorite games of all time) If they delete the coin, reduce bananas by 99.99%, and make gaddang sure you can't lose your items unless you get booed or fire them off, maybe I'll come back to modern MK.
"Let's annoy them by giving nothing but bananas, they'll love that!" Imbeciles.
Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 for Switch. Know what they have in common? They are the best selling Mario Kart games in history. Nor is it even close. The people have spoken, and they disagree with you.

The Switch does NOT need another Mario Kart game. That would just be stupid. Any new MK game should be for the successor to the Switch or an HD Switch Pro. Getting all these new tracks as DLC this many years into the game's life is only a great thing, and criticism of it is just petty.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 for Switch. Know what they have in common? They are the best selling Mario Kart games in history. Nor is it even close. The people have spoken, and they disagree with you.

The Switch does NOT need another Mario Kart game. That would just be stupid. Any new MK game should be for the successor to the Switch or an HD Switch Pro. Getting all these new tracks as DLC this many years into the game's life is only a great thing, and criticism of it is just petty.
In my country and culture, criticism is not only welcome, we built an entire industry around it (that is we are free to our opinion).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the first tracks were released a few days ago. I have the expansion pack, so I got them for free. tested if they worked, which they do, but something that's absurd now is that when I opened mario kart 8 after redownloading it on my second sd card, it said "checking if this content can be played" (probably due to the dlc). that kinda pisses me off that Nintendo doesn't trust their own customers. at least you don't have this problem with playstation (not sure about xbox).

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the first tracks were released a few days ago. I have the expansion pack, so I got them for free. tested if they worked, which they do, but something that's absurd now is that when I opened mario kart 8 after redownloading it on my second sd card, it said "checking if this content can be played" (probably due to the dlc). that kinda pisses me off that Nintendo doesn't trust their own customers. at least you don't have this problem with playstation (not sure about xbox).
Yep, it has.

I've been playing Mario Kart for so long that this new content doesn't feel new, it's just milking MK8D as much as they can.

The Switch is the first home Nintendo console to not actually receive its own Mario Kart game.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it has.

I've been playing Mario Kart for so long that this new content doesn't feel new, it's just milking MK8D as much as they can.

The Switch is the first home Nintendo console to not actually receive its own Mario Kart game.
I bought Mario Kart 8 when it was at retail quite a while ago, then bought the digital version when I got real sick and sold the original retail one. funny thing is I haven't really played it at all. I got pretty far in the wii u version, which I also bought digitally. I think I got almost all 3 stars in 150cc, but I couldn't do well enough in like the final one or two cup races.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Mario Kart 8 when it was at retail quite a while ago, then bought the digital version when I got real sick and sold the original retail one. funny thing is I haven't really played it at all. I got pretty far in the wii u version, which I also bought digitally. I think I got almost all 3 stars in 150cc, but I couldn't do well enough in like the final one or two cup races.
I played MK8D so much that even the 200cc mode became super easy for me and it was my favorite velocity, but on online it'd be laggy or lack of human players so I had to downgrade to 150cc.

I'll just wait for Mario Kart 9. I'm tired of Mario Kart 8. :-/

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played MK8D so much that even the 200cc mode became super easy for me and it was my favorite velocity, but on online it'd be laggy or lack of human players so I had to downgrade to 150cc.

I'll just wait for Mario Kart 9. I'm tired of Mario Kart 8. :-/
afaik, deluxe is supposed to be 9. there's talk of a Mario Kart 10/X, so that might be what's next and probably on the switch 2 or whatever it's called.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over