Votes: 8 5.1%

• Total voters

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
another round of winning (me) this time playing my sisters 2 daughters good thing i have a 65" tv :lol: And unlocked more shit up to 1500 coins now. you want to unlock shit fast than get your mates together and race we unlock 1 item per circuit (4 tracks.)

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Played this last night with 2 of my friends and i didnt realise you can totally do Grand prix 3 player and actually still earn the trophies for doing well on them. I managed to get 1st on one of the cups and earned my friend a 3 star gold ranking on 150cc with 3 of us playing. I had no idea you could do that and that is one major awesome point. Also the fact the total coins collected by having more players means that you unlock karts quicker. All of this just notches my opinion of this game up a point. 3-4 players being able to play the normal single player grand prix is just fantastic.

Reactions: Hielkenator

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep. Without a doubt, this will be the definitive Mario Kart, and probably the definitive Wii U game (If Smash Bros. doesn't beat it out).

If only they put this much attention to detail in the main series Mario's...

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't actually gonna buy this game but they announced the free game thing and i really wanted wonderful 101 so i couldn't really turn it down, as it was selling on release date at most retailers for only ~$50 where most places want more for wonderful 101 still.

Anyway I'm quite happy i picked it up as I'm having a lot of fun and seems like it will bring me and the family lots of enjoyment for the near future.

steplay29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just have to get my money's worth in here great game and great free game offer Zelda did it for me.just wondered what every one's set up is and what they think is the best?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Few more cool things to note about this game:

- I have managed to jump 3 red shells. Now, i dont know if iv just got insanely lucky with areas of the game but i am fairly sure, if you time it right. you can jump and the red shell. Please guys, try this and see if we can get some more confirmation about this.
- Look at the top left of the rainbow road map on your wii-u pad when you race on it. (Its a nice touch that i wont spoil here)

Also if you see me online (Teren, UK flag) then thats me! If you somehow manage to beat me on piranha plant slide then i will destroy you! xD just kidding! Hope y'all are enjoying the game, i am!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Double Dash added the ability to have 2 items at once and character-specific special items. Whoop. While it had great tracks, so do most Mario Kart games.

Double Dash had more than just two guys in a kart, the AI was far better (MKWii always bombed me every chance they'd have), tracks were better, drifting felt a lot better and all around a much more enjoyable game.

Mario Kart 8's a good game but not great when in comparison to DD, for me.

The music of MK8 is superb and the new tracks are pretty good too.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Double Dash had more than just two guys in a kart, the AI was far better (MKWii always bombed me every chance they'd have), tracks were better, drifting felt a lot better and all around a much more enjoyable game.

Mario Kart 8's a good game but not great when in comparison to DD, for me.

The music of MK8 is superb and the new tracks are pretty good too.
Eh. I actually played Double Dash not too long ago (in fact, that was the last time I played Mario Kart) but I prefer the customization and control of MK7 so much more. The AI... I can't say I care because I only play multiplayer anyway. And while Double Dash had some sweet tracks they weren't noticably better than any of the other Mario Kart games IMO.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
What in the name of fuck has happened to battle mode? :O
Are they planning to release those maps as DLC or something?

Also what's that star icon with +-button after every race?

- When you go over any ramp and jump (to get the speed boost) you can change what type of flip you do by which direction you are holding. Im in the habit of holding up to do frontflips everytime i go over one now lol
I noticed with gamepad I can shake controller like with Wii version and Wiimote. Can't seem to be able to change direction though?

anybody else finding it WAY TO EASY? I played 50cc and was bored as expected. Had a lot of time to enjoy the beautiful designed tracks, though. but even 150cc is no challenge at all. I select the slowest car with the worst handling and still manage to place 1st every time with 20sec in advance. that is lame! :(

online is more challenging, but why can't the AI be adaptive to players skills? give a a hard mode/expert mode or something.

After playing so much Sonic Racing Transformed on PC I must admid Mario Kart 8 seems much easier even with 150cc indeed. Maybe for simple fact that speed is quite low and that may be for motion controls.
Adapting to player skills would mean rubberbanding that AI simply would cheat and teleport nearer you and getting better items instead of random ones which nobody likes. Single player is just there to familiarize yourself to tracks and getting unlocks anyway and with multiplayer nobody wants AI to win.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1