Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Opps sorry - I forgot to remove the twiztidsinz link
I only just realised he had changed the download to NOT include the files (instead of removing it completely)Yeah sorry... I swapped the file rather than just deleting it because I had hoped Taiju Yamada would be back... but that's looking to be doubtful now.
frown.gif

QUOTE(cflemin301 @ Nov 27 2010, 08:58 PM) could someone at least tell me how to make it autoboot a rom in moonshell?
it just goes to the full akaio menu when trying to boot a rom in moonshell.
i followed the steps on the first post but it gives me that problem.
i am using maio 3.01.
I think it's the Auto Boot option in AKAIO that you need to change... I could be wrong.

persichini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say that i wish this was still arround. my absent minded daughter missed placed 10 nds games for 11 months... This All in one loaded allowed me to keep all her games in one spot. Sad to see its not around anymore.... not everyone uses this for bad things.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
persichini said:
I just want to say that i wish this was still arround. my absent minded daughter missed placed 10 nds games for 11 months... This All in one loaded allowed me to keep all her games in one spot. Sad to see its not around anymore.... not everyone uses this for bad things.
You could just use AKAIO

persichini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
persichini said:
You could just use AKAIO

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MAIO is BACK !!!!

for now at least, as it seems as though Xenon++ Taiju has (re)released his files when he posted here)

- New MAIO v3.05 is the same as the old v3.04 version but
  • with AKAIO 1.8.6a
  • AKAIO 'Cloud' WiFi plugin (not tested though)
  • Some 'tweaks' to a couple of graphic files
  • The 'nds.inilink.nds' file has been changed to JurrassicPlayer's version
    (this version has a black plain screen instead of the weird brown/tan original coloured version of Xenon++ Taiju)

Sorry I couldn't post earlier today - seemed like GBATemp was down for a while...well fo rme it was

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CannonFoddr said:
MAIO is BACK !!!!

for now at least, as it seems as though Xenon++ Taiju has (re)released his files when he posted here)

• with AKAIO 1.8.6a
    (this version has a black plain screen instead of the weird brown/tan original coloured version of Xenon++ Taiju)
Yay! He's finally back!

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey, Cannon, remember me?

so, that AK2.1 tsster, yeah. i have a simple little question, do you have there the voice recorder homebrew compiled by Moonlight? i can't find it anywhere, thanks.

trying the new MAIO now.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:
Mantis41 said:
i think I've been under a rock. What's a cloud WIFI plugin?
Now AKAIO lets you upload your saves to the internet, just for your own DS (MAC address). You can then restore them anytime you have an internet connection.
Oopss - yep that's about it - meant to add a link to the WiFi post but since I 'did the post' offline as GBATemp was down yesterday, I didn't know the actual web link address to include it

Here's the article about AKAIO WiFi (now added to first post)

@Stenny: 'Voice recorder homebrew' - it's part of Moonshell2 isn't it ??
wink.gif

You'll find it in the 'Launch' folder of moonshell & you get to it through the [select] > 'accessories' within Moonshell.
I didn't know if Moonlight ever made it as a 'standalone' Homebrew but I'd guess you could try making a copy of it & try running it from 'outside' the moonshel folder(s)

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some interesting niggles:

- Some games are missing icons (using default icon). I found by opening the game ROM in RomR and applying changes has fixed most of these. One game refuses to run after applying changes in RomR so I am just putting up with that one missing the icon, it is only "new carnival games" on my Son's DS anyway

- I can't get any custom splash.ani to work. The splash runs but moonshell won't boot past the DLDI screen.

- On a DSiXL, the brightness can not be changed using L and X,Y. Using select and volume to change brightness within moonshell causes it to crash.

Overall this is almost perfect.
yaynds.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
- Some games are missing icons (using default icon). ......
- I can't get any custom splash.ani to work. The splash runs but moonshell won't boot past the DLDI screen.
- On a DSiXL, the brightness can not be changed using L and X,Y. Using select and volume to change brightness within moonshell causes it to crash.
Did you read the 'known bugs' in the first post ??

Your first 2 niggles are already know, the one about DSiXL though seems to be a new one - I couldn't check this as I don't have a XL

IIRC (it WAS a long time ago) there was a 'suppose fix' for getting custom.ani to work with MS >= 2.00 but what it was I cannot remember, or whether it actually worked....
- I THINK it was something to do with the 'makesplash' file used & I think Xenon++ made a 'new' version that fixed this. (Can't check right now as it seems Xenon++ link is 'down') can anyone shed any light on this ??

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CoolKill3r said:
I doubt he is back. Who ?? Xenon++ Taiju / avenir - I also doubt He's back, but as JP has mentioned
QUOTEMost (if not all) of these should be compliant with any of the licenses that they are under...
... As for various projects being resurrected he pretty much completely quit the NDS scene ...
...so you shouldn't really expect any updates...
... The projects CAN be updated and redistributed but further updates are totally dependent on a third party now.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
CannonFoddr said:
MAIO is BACK !!!!

• with AKAIO 1.8.6a

Sorry I couldn't post earlier today - seemed like GBATemp was down for a while...well fo rme it was

YES thank you man
biggrin.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Your first 2 niggles are already know, the one about DSiXL though seems to be a new one - I couldn't check this as I don't have a XL
Anyway....

The fix for the missing icons is to open up the ROM file in RomeR and then apply changes. This has worked fine for about 6 effected ROMs, only the one "New Carnival Games" didn't run up after RomeR adjusted the header so I had to leave it icon-less.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
The fix for the missing icons is to open up the ROM file in RomeR and then apply changes. This has worked fine for about 6 effected ROMs, only the one "New Carnival Games" didn't run up after RomeR adjusted the header so I had to leave it icon-less.
Hmm - I wonder what games they are - they're not DSi Enhanced ones by any chance (Canival Games is - I think) ??

BTW - Thanks to Mantis41 for some 'tidying up' & a little tweaking to my original MAIO 3.05 pack to produce a slightly alternative version... I've added a link to his version on the first post

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Mantis41 said:
Hmm - I wonder what games they are - they're not DSi Enhanced ones by any chance (Canival Games is - I think) ??

BTW - Thanks to Mantis41 for some 'tidying up' & a little tweaking to my original MAIO 3.05 pack to produce a slightly alternative version... I've added a link to his version on the first post
I should add a thanks to Vampirex for his XMB skins. I haven't asked if I can use them in the MAIO build but, I do not think he is around anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9