Hacking MAIO: Moonshell All-in-One for Acekards

  • Thread starter Thread starter CannonFoddr
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 140,244
  • Replies Replies 571
  • Likes Likes 2
Mantis41 said:
I was thinking of making a copy of MAIO to work with Wood R4. Do you think anyone would be interested in this or is it a waste of time? It could be included in the same package.
Hmm...
unsure.gif
nice idea but not sure about including it within this pack.... after all this thread is called 'MAIO: Moonshell All-in-one - for Acekards' for a reason....
laugh.gif


Still - I won't mind if someone else made one up for the 'Wood R4' (or whatever card they want) - after all, I just gathered 'all the bits' together that are available elsewhere in GBATemp, so there's no stopping anyone else from doing the same for any other cards.

I've only got one condition... IF any of my MAIO graphics are used then at least put a 'Original MAIO graphics created by CannonFoddr' or preferably 'This MAIO was based on CannonFoddr's original ''MAIO pack for Acekards''' in the post somewhere
wink.gif
 
I have just put the firmware update AK2i for 3DS2.0 and DSi1.4.2 on my card. On booting into MAIO the top screen seems to be blank. Opening akAIO and then back to moonshell seems ot fix it.

Anyone else have this issue?
 
Mantis41 said:
I have just put the firmware update AK2i for 3DS2.0 and DSi1.4.2 on my card. On booting into MAIO the top screen seems to be blank. Opening akAIO and then back to moonshell seems ot fix it.

Anyone else have this issue?

yeap
 
Mantis41 said:
I have just put the firmware update AK2i for 3DS2.0 and DSi1.4.2 on my card. On booting into MAIO the top screen seems to be blank. Opening akAIO and then back to moonshell seems ot fix it.

Anyone else have this issue?I hadn't updated the Ak2i with the new firmware 'cos I don't have a 3DS & didn't think I'll need it - but I've gone & done it because of this to see what happens

Tried it on a DSLite: Seems to boot up to MAIO OK just fine
Tried it on a DSi: Yep - get the blank screen on top

I guess it's down to the extra 'Header' info that is needed to fool the DSi/3DS that's causing a problem with the top screen (I've noticed the icon is 'Chessmaster' on the Dsi)

It does say something
QUOTEBut AK2i of HWID44 can't be recognized after using power button to reset console. You need power off console and turn it on again.
So is it JUST the HW:44 that have this problem ?? or all HW of the Ak2i

Since AKAIO (seems to) boot up OK and not MAIO - I'm taking a guess it's the MAIO's 'akmenu4.nds' used to autoboot Moonshell up that's causing the problem....
.. IIRC this loads moonshell into a different memory location to make the AK2i 'think' the system files exist, so could the firmware update have caused this 'location' to move ??

What we'll need is some1 to come up with a new 'akmenu4.nds' that gets over this problem - & since taiju not around anymore I'm guessing we'll have to wait for some1 else to take up the challenge, & we'll have to live with this until it appears
 
CannonFoddr said:
QUOTE said:
But AK2i of HWID44 can't be recognized after using power button to reset console. You need power off console and turn it on again.
So is it JUST the HW:44 that have this problem ?? or all HW of the Ak2i
I didn't think it was very confusing.
 
A small update to the 'top screen blank problem' - no.... it's not a fix for it

I've received a PM with the following attached
QUOTE said:
Yeah, it applies to more than just the moonshl2.nds though. If nobody ends up reporting it to the AK team, I'll probably report it eventually, though it would probably be after I have a better idea of why it does that.
so it seems as though it's NOT just Moonshell that has this problem (although what the 'other software' is I don't know)

I've also PM'd Taiju/Xenon++ to see if he has any idea why this may be happening, perhaps he may know why & may reply with some info that'll help others to find a fix
 
Small update: once again thanks to Mantis41, a workaround has been made to allow MAIO to Autoboot correctly on the updated Ak2i - which 'fixes' the missing top screen problem

It's basically a newer cleaner way of booting up Moonshell using AKAIO 'Autoboot' function that AK2i users had to do in the past
 
Very sorry but you can't set favlauncher as primary kernel after update; lower screen is gone.
 
Lol, but it works... I just had to change the aio folder and the akmenu.nds file from the package. Then i renamed the akmenu4.nds to maio.nds (cause the favlaunchers Name is akmenu4.nds) then i had just to change the favlauncher.ini file and now it works all. I tested maio, akaio, dscovered and menudo
smile.gif
 
I think, that im just stupid. But what do you mean exactly? I can Read which Button i have to Press to start maio usw... But I think thats to much offtopic now. This thread is about maio and not about favlauncher
smile.gif
 
If your two screens are really OK on Chessmaster AK2i, can you post your favlauncher?
Current moonshl2alt.nds's lower screen is dead, which caused Mantis's hack.
 
If you edit lastboot.ini you can get it to boot any NDS file you want. This should work with FAV launcher. I haven't tested it but because it has run akAIO first it should fix any screen issues.
Code:
.\_aio\lastboot.ini

If you want ot change the startup banner jut edit the upper_screen.bmp from the boot_only skin. Make sure you run the skin via one of skin editors or it probably won't work. Ak edit V1.2
Code:
.\_aio\ui\boot_only\upper_screen.bmp
 
Schnida said:
I think, that im just stupid. But what do you mean exactly? I can Read which Button i have to Press to start maio usw... But I think thats to much offtopic now. This thread is about maio and not about favlauncher
smile.gif
You slightly missed the point of the reasoning. Both the moonshl2altloader (not the one included with regular Moonshell2 download) and favlauncher were made with the same library...If you have an older version of favlauncher that works with the current AK2i firmware, then it is a simple matter of digging through any left over archive of the older versions to see what it was that allowed it to work and reincorporate it into the newer versions of moonshl2altloader and favlauncher so there isn't that problem anymore...

In other words, it is very relevant to know if you are using an older version of the favlauncher, what that version is, both screens are shown, and if your AK2i is on the latest firmware so someone can fix the current problem so people don't have to use a hex edited AKAIO just to get the screen to display before going to Moonshell2.
 
Oh, I'm so stupid...
I read it wrong, I thought that the topscreen was gone and not the touchscreen. The touchscreen is also black with me.
frown.gif

But i didn't notice it, cause I do not know if there was something.
So my stupid question: what was there? anything important?

excuse my stupidity
frown.gif
 

Site & Scene News