Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
4489779109_6a47e364dc_o.png
'Moonshell All-in-One' [ F.Y.I. I'm pronouncing it as {may-o} ]
Some Very Important Notes:
I am NOT a programmer - all I've done is gathered together files that other (proper) programmers have done
so PLEASE no PM's asking if I can do 'this-or-that' into 'such-&-such' especially if it involves any type of programming.
I'm not using the Acekard as much now (moved to a DSTwo) so don't expect MAIO to be updated as soon as a new AKAIO comes out - It'll get updated if/when I get time
....or you could do it yourself (see 'For Regular Users of MAIO...' below)

About the latest Moonshell 2.1 'Child Zwai' editon:
Apparently at this time there is no known way to use Moonshell2 'Child Zwai' version (as it needs a different 'overlay' file) with AKAIO to make a MAIO v4.xx, so please don't keep asking why there's no version for it

Info about the latest AK2i Firmware Update (Chessmaster Icon showing on DSi/3DS
gt2263.png
)
Since the new AK2i '3DS-Firmware fix' for DSi firmware 1.4.2 - it's been noticed that the top screen does not show when booting up MAIO on a DSi.
(Booting into AKAIO & back again will bring the screen back)
ADDITIONAL: IF you HAVE updated your Ak2i & still want to use MAIO on a DSi(XL) - Mantis41 has produced a 'workaround' version. I've included it in the MAIO v3.xx download section below
UPDATE 04-07-11: There is now a fix for those who have updated their Ak2i to work on DSi v1.4.2 but want the original MAIO v3.06 (i.e MY version & not Mantis41 'workaround' version).
Please use MAIO v3.06.1 in the download section below

For those who have a R4 or M3 card
'Mantis41' has developed a pack for those cards Here and​
'sauske_firekid is currently developing another 'MAIO for R4/M3 cards' pack over here.​
(He is looking for people to try out on as any of those types of cards as possible, so pop over & see if you can help out :yaynds:)​
Please note: Mantis41 version is for genuine R4,R4iGold and R4iDS cards using a 'Wood base'​
'sauske_firekid' version is (mainly) for R4 'clones' & uses a 'YSMenu' base​

Updates
[19-03-10]: Original post of 'MAIO' package (v1.00)
[23-03-10]: I've added a 2.1beta9 'MAIO' (Moonshell All-in-One) download now (v2.00) - for those who'd like a slightly newer version of Moonshell
The newer version has DSi 'screen capture' & also a Voice recorder function added But due to a bug in MS you don't get my custom 'Splash.ani' on loading

[02-04-10]: Updated version of MAIO - now works with AKAIO 1.6RC2 (v2.01)

[04-04-10]: Another 'MAIO' package added (v3.00) - 'Moonshell 2.1Stable with AKAIO 1.6RC2 support'

[09-04-10]: Added 'Proved working on...' & 'READ ME' section to post

[16-04-10]: Added 'MAIO' v1.01 - Now with AKAIO 1.6RC support + Custom 'splash' + ~90% complete MAIO skin

[14-05-10]: Got rid of the 'Poll'. Seems like most people would like the Latest Moonshell + ROM running+ as many 'plugins' as possible

[23-05-10]: For those who don't use AKAIO here's a download link for Moonshell2 'plugins' included in MAIO

[04-06-10]: Added 'MAIO' v3.01 - Now with AKAIO 1.7 support, Current GBATemp Cheat database (+ a few 'tweaks')

[14-07-10]: Added 'MAIO' v3.02 - Now with AKAIO 1.7.1 support, Current GBATemp Cheat database
Also added a guide for the regular user's of MAIO on 'how to update AKAIO' (find it in the 'Warnings/Disclaimers' box below)

[28-10-10]: Added twiztidsinz 'Maio2.01+AKAIO1.8.0+WiFiUpdate' version to the list + MAIO v3.03 (with AKAIO 1.8.0)

[30-10-10]: Added MAIO 3.04 (Updated to AKAIO 1.8.1) many thanks to Mantis41 for finding a workaround

[08-11-10]: MAIO Died UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (due to Xenon++ Request)

[05-05-11]: MAIO is BACK !!!! (for now, as it seems as though Xenon++ Taiju has (re)released his files when he posted here) - New MAIO 3.05 - Same as the old MAIO 3.04 but with AKAIO 1.8.6a, AKAIO 'Cloud' WiFi plugin + some 'tweaks' to some files

[19-05-11]: MAIO v3.06 (updated to AKAIO 1.8.7)

[20-06-11]: Added Mantis41 workaround version of MAIO for Ak2i firmware that have been updated to work on DSi v1.4.2

[04-07-11]: MAIO v3.06.1 (Fixed version to show both screens on boot up when Ak2i firmware has been updated to work on DSi v1.4.2)

[23-08-11]: MAIO v3.07 added - Same as v3.06.1 but with AKAIO 1.8.8. **

[27-11-11]: MAIO v3.08 added - same as v3.07 but with AKAIO 1.8.9 ** #
Had to re-edit/format all the first post - the newer 'CKEditor' somehow screwed up the formatting when I tried to update the post

[05-07-12]: MAIO v3.09 added - Same as V3.08 but with latest AKAIO 1.9.0 **

Additional Notes:
** I can only try this on a HW44 AK2i with a DSi firmware version v1.4.2E, so don't know if it'll run of a 3DS
# Tested & Working on a HW 88 AK2i with 3DS firmware 3.0.0-5 (thanks to jimmyemunoz)

Works/Don't Work on
MAIO v1.00 on 'Non-defective' Acekard 2.1 - by Vampirex
MAIO v1.00 on 'Defective' Acekard 2.1 (but with some problems with some games) - by ceteksretek
MAIO v3.00 on 'Non-defective' Acekard 2.1 - by ~Stenny
MAIO v3.07 on HW:81 Ak2i on updated 3DS (Aug 24th) - by SolidMario7
MAIO v3.07 on HW:81 Ak2i on updated DSi (Aug 24th) - by SolidMario7
R4i Ultra - by riverchen

Introduction

By using a combination of Xenon++ and Normatt's fixes and loaders there is now a way to boot straight into Moonshell2 on an Acekard2i WITHOUT loading AKAIO first & getting it to Autorun Moonshell..
The (lucky) Acekard RPG and 2.1 users only had to rename Moonshell to 'akmenu4.nds',
while us unlucky Acekard 2i users ended up with a 'System Files missing' message instead.
So while we're waiting for akShell to appear (if it ever does) - what I've done is create a 'package' (I'm calling it 'MAIO' for short - as in 'Moonshell All-In-One') that contains all the files,fixes and loaders already set up so that all you have to do is Unzip & copy over

But first a couple of Warnings/Disclaimers

Don't replace AKAIO (without following the proper steps below) or replace Moonshell2.09 with 2.1
- The Fixes and loaders only work with the versions included in MAIO. Changing them will cause loss of Commercial ROM Running

Because it contains AKAIO 1.5.1 (MAIO 1.00/v2.00 only) some of the more recent games WILL NOT WORK - so don't complain !!!
You will have to wait until new fixes & loaders are made that are compatible with AKAIO 1.6 for those games to work
(N.B. MAIO V2.01 Now Avaliable with 1.6RC2 support)

Certain files have been DLDI patched with 'Acekard 2' libraries - may not work on Acekard R.P.G

Since I made the first MAIO package - the way to 'update' AKAIO has now changed - & it's a lot easier
note: this will only work on MAIO >=2.01

For those of you who have already downloaded MAIO in the past & wish to update AKAIO but don't want to download the whole package,
Here how to do it:-
> First make a backup off all the files on the flashcard - just to be safe​
> Downloaded the latest AKAIO file & extracted it to another folder on the PC (you'll usually end up with the '_aio' folder, 'akmenu4.nds' and a couple of TXT files)​
> On the flashcard - Delete the contents of the '_aio' folder EXCEPT the '/ui/' folder (so that you keep the skins already there)​
> Copy the contents of the newly downloaded version of AKAIO's '/_aio' folder into the same folder on the Flashcard​
> RENAME the new AKAIO's 'akmenu4.nds' to 'akaio.aio' & copied this over to the root directory of the flashcard (overwritting the existing 'akaio.aio')​

Note: with MAIO v3.06 onwards the above last step has changed
> Instead, RENAME the new AKAIO's 'akmenu4.nds' to 'akmenu.nds' & copied this over to the root directory of the flashcard (overwritting the existing 'akmenu.nds')
> It is recommended that you change the 'Attribute' of this 'akmenu.nds' to 'hidden' as well (In WinXP - right click on file & select 'properties' > tick 'Hidden' > 'Apply' > 'OK')

... that's it.

It's now just a case of booting up, select 'reset to firmware' & changing the skin in AKAIO to the 'MAIO' skin
Right that's out of the way....Now onto the package

Installation
Download any of the following:

> 'MAIO' v1.00 (Contains AKAIO 1.5.1, custom 'splash.ani')
> 'MAIO v1.01' (Contains AKAIO 1.6RC2,Custom 'splash' and modified 'Maio' MS skin [~90% complete])
> 'MAIO' v2.00 (Contains AKAIO 1.5.1)
> 'MAIO' v2.01 (Contains AKAIO 1.6RC2)
> 'MAIO' v2.02 ['twiztidsinz' version] (Contains MAIO 2.01 + AKAIO 1.8.0 + WiFi Update)
(Sorry - this is one version I didn't backup for some reason, perhaps 'twiztidsinz' can produce a new link for this)
> 'MAIO' v3.00 (Contains AKAIO 1.6RC2 support)
> 'MAIO' v3.01 (Contains AKAIO 1.7)
> 'MAIO v3.02 (Contains AKAIO 1.7.1, Updated Cheat Database (14 July 2010))
> 'MAIO' v3.02.1 (Contains AKAIO 1.7.1, Updated Cheat Database (14th July 2010), 'fatpatched')
> 'MAIO' v3.03 (Contains AKAIO 1.8.0, Updated Cheat Database (14th July 2010), 'fatpatched')
> 'MAIO' v3.04 (Contains AKAIO 1.8.1, Cheat Database (14th July 2010), 'fatpatched') (Thanks to 'Mantis41' for the workaround)
> 'MAIO' v3.05 (Contains AKAIO 1.8.6a, AKAIO WiFi 'Cloud' plugin, Cheat Database (26/03/11)
> 'MAIO' v3.05 (Mantis41 Addition) Alternative version made by Mantis41. (for changes see changelogs below)
> 'MAIO' v3.06 (Based on Mantis41 version but now with AKAIO 1.8.7 included)
> 'MAIO' v3.06.1( BUGFIX: both screens now show on Ak2i with DSi v1.4.2 firmware update)
> 'MAIO' v3.06-ME (Mantis41 Edition) A workaround version for those who have already updated their AK2i to the latest firmware
> 'MAIO' v3.07 Same as v3.06.1 but with AKAIO 1.8.8 added. **
> 'MAIO' v3.08 Same as V3.07 but with AKAIO 1.8.9 installed. ** #
> 'MAIO' v3.09 Same as V3.08 but with AKAIO 1.9.0 installed. **

Additional Notes:
** Tested & working on a HW44 AK2i with a DSi firmware version v1.4.2E
# Tested & Working on a HW 88 AK2i with 3DS firmware 3.0.0-5 (thanks to jimmyemunoz)
  • Unzip the files & copy directly to your Acekard 2i MicroSD card root directory
You should end up on your root directory:-
_aio (folder) - AKAIO system folder
dustbox (folder) - Moonshell 'Trashcan'
moonmemo (folder) - Moonshell 'Memo' folder
moonshl2 (folder) - Moonshell system Folder
akmenu4.nds (file) - Acekard2i DLDI patched Xenon++ moonshl2alt.nds loader
moonshl2.nds (file) - Moonshell 2.09/2.1beta9/2.1Stable (depending on version installed) run file
Installation.txt (file) - Some last minute information
VoiceRec (folder) - ONLY if you installed MAIO >= v2.00, used for the Voice recorder accessory
akaio.nds (File) - Only in MAIO V2.01/ >= v3.00 (>= 1.6RC2/1.7 Support version)
akaio.aio (File) - Only in MAIO V2.01/ >= v3.00 (>= 1.6RC2/1.7 Support version)
MS2 Skins (folder) - Only in MAIO v1.01/v3.01 (& above), Folder containing additional moonshell skins
mselink.exe (File) <= [PLEASE DELETE THIS - IT IS NOT NEEDED, IT WAS ACCIDENTALLY ADDED TO SOME PACKAGES]
  • Now add your ROMS,Music,Pictures,Homebrew etc to the MicroSD card - But NOT any of the folder/files mentioned above
  • That's it...Done !!!., Yep that's right - you've finished
No mucking about with DLDI patches, or 'renaming this to that' etc etc

Read me - included in package but repeated here
[title:]
Usage
* If you wish to use cheats - you will need to use 'reset to firmware'
(Press [Start] in Moonshell) & use AKAIO instead OR Run 'akaio.nds' on root directory
* To return back to Moonshell you need to run 'moonshl2.nds' from within AKAIO or restart your DS
* On starting it will boot into Moonshell straight away, then you can browse & run games etc from just one file selector
* The language has been set to 'English'

This package contains
  • AKAIO - (version depending on the package you downloaded)
  • Moonshell with Normmatt's & Xenon++ fixes added (version is dependent on the one you downloaded)
  • The following Moonshell 'plugins' installed

>> Tunavids (AVI Player)
    >> Lameboy (Gameboy/Gameboy Color Emulator)
    >> jEnesisDS (GEnesis Emulator)
    >> NesterDS (NES Emulator)
    >> SNEmulDS (SNES Emulator)
  • Alternative Moonshell2 skin (Blue XMB)
  • Extra AKAIO skin (Blue XMB)
  • NEW custom 'MAIO' skins (Work still in progress I've given up, since I don't use the AK2i anymore)

- Extra Moonshell skins are stored in the '/moonshl2/internal/ folder - these are default.skn, Blue XMB.skn and MAIO.skn
The changes I have done to the standard 'default installations' of both Moonshell and AKAIO are:-

> Skins to both AKAIO & Moonshell changed so both match one another as close as possible (Blue XMB skin/MAIO)
> USRCHEAT.DAT updated in AKAIO to the latest one avaliable at the time of release
> Changed the default [Moonshell] icon of Xenon++ 'akmenu4.nds' loader to a custom 'ak2i' Icon
> Changed the Icon to akaio.nds (It showed 'YSMenu' icon originally)
> Moonshell altered with Normmatt and Xenon++ moonshell fixes

Screenshots/Video
p.s. The video mentions 'Moonshell 2.1beta9' & not 'Moonshell 2.09', but it's basically the same - it's just that I wastrying out another loader on 2.1beta9 at the time & couldn't be bothered to make 2 identical videos
[yt]JLEmg3krWdI[/yt]

The only major difference between the two is that MS 2.09 has a different 'splash.ani' than MS 2.1beta9

[If you want to know how it looked with AKAIO starting first then autobooting moonshell - watch near the end (~1:50) of This Video]
These are Moonshell screenshots (since that's what you'll be looking at most of the time)
4489656233_447fd55bc6_o.jpg
4489658081_78d8796bb0_o.jpg

4490300718_35621b9908_o.jpg
4489659125_e610c29a2f_o.jpg

What I'd like though is the AKAIO graphics for 'Folder' and 'Unknown type' so that I can use them in Moonshell skin - can anyone help ??

Buglist and Changelog
  • In MAIO v2.xx version - unable to use/show custom 'splash.ani' files due to bug in MS
  • In MAIO v3.xx version - Same problem as v2.00 'splash.ani' - it [Splash.ani] also shows incorrect Moonshell version number at top of screen
  • Some games MAY not show proper game icon in Moonshell ('Sonic - Classic Collection' seems to be one of them)
  • It seems that sometimes the 'Recently used/History' function (Pressing [select]) of Moonshell doesn't record last used App. Not sure but MAY have something to do with AKAIO 1.6RC2 support. Occurs in Any MS version

Update: This is NOT a bug - thanks to JurrasicPlayer, it's now been discovered that this function will only remember files used if the option 'Start MoonShell from Recent Files' is switched 'ON'
  • There's a known 'bug' of Moonshell 2 <=2.10final beta2 where it can corrupt the MicroSD card if it's >=16Gb

Xenon++ has created a fix called 'Fatpatch' - get it from this post or from Filetrip
V1.00 - Original package containing:
  • 'Moonshell 2.09' with additional languages NOT installed
  • 'AKAIO 1.5.1'
  • AKAIO Cheat database upgraded
  • Lameboy/jEnesis/SNEumlDS emulators and Tunavid added to Moonshell 'EXTLINK' folder
v1.01 - Changes to v1.00
  • Added AKAIO 1.6RC2 support
  • Added 2 new Moonshell plugins (SpeccyDS and NesDS)
  • Updated AKAIO Cheats Database
  • Redone Custom 'splash.ani'
  • Tweaked the Moonshell file icons slightly
  • Added a custom 'AKAIO' style screensaver (thanks to 'env' for the graphics) - Select 'Custom' as the screen saver
  • Moved extra skins to seperate Folder on root
V2.00 - Package contains same as v1.00 except Moonshell upgraded to version 2.1beta9

V2.01 - Package same as before, but without custom 'splash.ani' (due to a bug in MS2.1b9) and AKAIO 1.6RC2 support added

v3.00 - Package same as v2.01, except:
  • Moonshell upgraded to '2.1 Stable'
  • New custom MAIO skins (Work In Progress) added
  • All Extra Moonshell languages re-installed
  • SNEmulDS (Emulator) change to ver 0.5 - this one allows autoload/running
  • Cheat database upgrade to 31st March 2010
v3.01 - Package same as v3.00, except:
  • AKAIO 1.7 added
  • Cheat database upgrade to 4th May 2010
  • Plugins that were added to v1.01 now added to this package
  • Extra skins moved to new folder on root ('/MS2 Skins/')
v3.02 - Package same as v3.01, except:
  • AKAIO updated to 1.7.1
  • Cheat database updated to 14th July 2010
v3.03 - Package same as v3.01, except:
  • AKAIO updated to 1.8.0
v3.04 - Package same as v3.01, except:
  • AKAIO updated to 1.8.1 (Using Mantis41's workaround)
v3.05 - Package same as v3.04, except:
  • AKAIO updated to 1.8.6a
  • AKAIO 'Cloud' WiFi plugin added
  • Cheat Database 26/03/11 added
  • A couple of MAIO graphic changes in AKAIO skin
  • 'nds.inilink.nds' file changed to Jurassicplayers (slightly modified) version
v3.05 (Mantis Edition) - same as v3.05 except:
  • Just a big cleanup in the ini files and ext directory
  • A nice simple MAIO banner on inilink load

There are also some changes to the startup files.
  • 'akmenu4.nds' from AKAIO is now renamed to 'akmenu.nds'
  • 'akaio.aio' is no longer used

'akAIO.nds' is just Taiju's iniclear. Banner on this file changed to the AK logo instead of the YS one. The file is not realy needed but is a more elegent way of exiting to akmenu than mashing the B button on a ROM load.
  • Additional Skins included
v3.06 - same as v3.05 (Mantis Edition) except:
  • AKAIO updated to 1.8.7
v3.06.1 - same as v3.06 except:
  • BugFix: This version NOW shows with BOTH screens on boot-up with Ak2i updated to work on DSi v1.4.2/3DS v2.1
  • NesDS updated to latest version
v3.06-ME (Mantis41 Edition) - a Workaround verison of V3.06 for those who have updated their Ak2i to work on the latest 3DS firmware:
  • Jurassicplayer's latest inilink and iniclear have been used and an akaio banner has been added on exit to firmware.
  • All moonshell files have been updated to their latest version as per Avenir's instructions.
  • Nesds runs files directly from moondhell but is still at 050.
  • The original Acekard akmenu4.nds has been hex editied so it now looks for: '..\__aio\SDbootsettings.ini' and '..\__aio\lastboot.ini'
'SDbootsettings.ini' loads the skin boot_only which is mostly blank apart from the topscreen. This is used to hide akaio on boot and softreset and show the MAIO banner instead. Autorun is always on.​
'Lastboot.ini' is set to always boot moonshl2.nds. You could change this to boot any NDS file you wanted.​

v3.07 - Updated to AKAIO v1.8.8

v3.08 - Updated to AKAIO v1.8.9

v3.09 - Updated to AKAIO v1.9.0
Also updated Emulator 'plugins' to the latest version found on Filetrip

Credit where credit is due
  • Moonlight: For producing Moonshell2
  • The AKAIO team: For producing AKAIO
  • Normatt: For his extra work producing 'hacks' to allow ROM's to run from moonshell2
  • Taiju (formally known as Xenon++): For the numerous program(s) he's contributed towards Moonshell2
  • JurrasicPlayer: For supplying some modified Taiju files
  • twiztidsinz & Mantis41: For alternative MAIO's with stuff I've 'borrowed' to include in my own MAIO packs
  • Vampirex, ceteksretek, ~Stenny, riverchen: For testing MAIO on other flashcards & letting me know
  • 'The unknown Temper': For supplying [better] alternative graphics for Moonshell (I'm sorry I've lost your PM to me so I've forgotten your name)
  • All the developers who made the Homebrew that have been included in MAIO
  • To all the Testers who have tried it out on their cards & posted their results
  • To anyone else who's contributed in any way & I've forgotten to mention

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Nice post Foddr
yaynds.gif

No more hustle!
Just hopping Normatt or Xenon or anybody really will figure out how to get it to work with moonshell 10 and akaio 1.6.
Anyway, great post man!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dorian7890 said:
Nice post Foddr
yaynds.gif

No more hustle!
Just hopping Normatt or Xenon or anybody really will figure out how to get it to work with moonshell 10 and akaio 1.6.
Anyway, great post man!
Can Moonshell 2.10 load ROMs -- without Xenon++'s mnshl2wrap?

@Cannonfoddr: How did you (or someone else? o.O) go about doing this?
And what is the limitation that keeps it from being done for AKAIO 1.6?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Can Moonshell 2.10 load ROMs -- without Xenon++'s mnshl2wrap? No.... No version of moonshell has ever been made that allows for Commercial ROM running
You need to wait until Xenon++, Normmatt or someone else can figure out how Moonlight (Moonshells developer) has re-encrypted v2.10 before a 'fix' can be made

twiztidsinz said:
What is the limitation that keeps it from being done for AKAIO 1.6?Basically the same reason as above. The AKAIO team have re-encrypted AKAIO 1.6RC1 loaders - You will need to wait to see if a new loader is made SPECIFICALLY for AKAIO 1.6.
The current loader used to allow moonshell to run ROM's was specifically made for AKAIO 1.5(.1) version and will only work with that version

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Mar 19 2010, 06:40 PM)
How did you (or someone else? o.O) go about doing this?
All the fixes can be found in various posts on GBATemp

For allowing Moonshell2 to be run straight away
- I used Xenon++ moonshl2alt.nds' loader (from his 'mshl2tools' pack - latest is avalible from Here) DLDI patched it with Acekard 2 libraries and renamed it to 'akmenu4.nds' & replaced the existing AKAIO version of 'akmenu4.nds' in the root of the card

For allowing Moonshell2.09 to run commercial ROM's
- I used Normmatt's Moonshell '2.09fix' , which consisted of a modified 'overlay.dll' (Placed inside '/moonshl2/internal/' folder)
- I also used Normatt's 'nds.akaio.nds' loader, renamed to '_hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds' and another copy of it was renamed to '_vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds' (placed in 'moonshl2/extlink/' folder)

[Note: For 'Moonshell 2.1beta9' I needed to use Xenon++ 210b9fix instead of Normmatt's 2.09 fix]
[I'm hoping to add THAT package later - once/if I figure out what causing the splash.ani in 2.1b9 to go wrong]

The rest of 'MAIO' is just the standard installations of AKAIO and Moonshell 2.09, with a few extra's that I've done - that's mentioned in the Instruction.txt' file in the package

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
YAY a autoboot that works with AK2i!!!!!!!!!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
toot.gif

the "akmenu4.nds" works also 4 moonshell 2.1 but I can't wait 4 a crack of moonshell2.1 and a nds.akaio.nds that works on akAIO 1.6 cuz I need 1.6 when I want 2 play pokemon soulsilver and I like the changes of moonshell 2.1 really much
laugh.gif

But anyway, THX 4 the autobooting moonshl2
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

I need 2 do it with the exit to firmware bottom (NEED to PUSH 2 more bottoms!!!!!!!
nyanya.gif
)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
798-Icebird said:
I need 2 do it with the exit to firmware bottom (NEED to PUSH 2 more bottoms!!!!!!!
nyanya.gif
)
If I understand you right - you DON'T want to use 'reset to firmware' to boot to AKAIO

Well try this little tip:
  • Get the 'akmenu4.nds' from AKAIO 1.5.1 download
  • Rename it to something like 'AKAIO.nds'
  • Copy it to the root of your card
Now if you want to boot to AKAIO from within Moonshell you can select 'AKAIO.nds', press [A] - & it'll boot to AKAIO

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
798-Icebird said:
nyanya.gif
)
If I understand you right - you DON'T want to use 'reset to firmware' to boot to AKAIO

Well try this little tip:
  • Get the 'akmenu4.nds' from AKAIO 1.5.1 download
  • Rename it to something like 'AKAIO.nds'
  • Copy it to the root of your card
Now if you want to boot to AKAIO from within Moonshell you can select 'AKAIO.nds', press [A] - & it'll boot to AKAIO
I think he's asking to be able to use Moonshell's "Exit to Firmware" to go back to AKAIO.
In that case, what you need to do is put AKAIO's NDS file into \moonshl2\resetmse\ and rename it to your cards DLDINAME.NDS

ex:
SCDS.nds => for SuperCard DS One
CEVO.nds => for CycloDS
DLMS.nds => for DSLink
R4TF.nds => for R4
M3DS.nds => for M3 Real

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
CannonFoddr said:
798-Icebird said:
nyanya.gif
)
I think he's asking to be able to use Moonshell's "Exit to Firmware" to go back to AKAIO.
It's already set up to do that in my package [akmenu4.nds => RPGS.nds BTW] as shown in the video @ ~30secs

I think he was complaining that he has to push 1 button [Start], then press another button (D-Pad) to select 'reset to firmware', then press [A] to get it to AKAIO - instead of just selecting 'AKAIO.nds' and just press [A]

EDIT: Oh - I've also updated first post - there's now a 'Moonshell2.1beta9' version of MAIO avaliable (Don't ask if there's a '2.1final' yet - 'cos there's still no update on a fix for it)

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
tnx to dis cannonfoddr... how do i add movie covers in 2.09 i saw ur video before u play ur movie the upper screen displays an image or it is only in the gui settings?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
janouis said:
tnx to dis cannonfoddr... how do i add movie covers in 2.09 i saw ur video before u play ur movie the upper screen displays an image or it is only in the gui settings?
I didn't (Are we talking the first video (Children in need) or the one at the end (The TunaVid AVI one) BTW ??)
- it apparently comes up automatically. I'll check by decoding another video & see what happens & confirm/deny this for you

EDIT: I'm back & I can confirm - the picture appears automatically for DPG videos

I downloaded a FLV file from Youtube and 'Click-&-Dragged' it onto the DPGencoder from 2.09 moonshell
Placed the created DPG onto Acekard & started up, when I browsed to it - there it was

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
k tnx... that's strange i convert a avi file into dpg in im too converter but i don't have the image at the top of the screen...or should i use the dpgencoder? how is the quality of the video using dpgencoder?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sorry took so long.... anyway at first I thought it might be I used FLV & you used AVI - but just tried it with an AVI & that also comes up with picture on top screen

I've then had a look at the DPGEncoder of MS 2.09 & under the menubar > Showlog - you get a log window that pops up with a button that's called [Get Thumbnail image].
I never pressed this (I didn't even know about it) - so I guess it 'took one' automatically, so I guess it IS the DPGEncoder that does the Thumbnail

As for quality - I think it depends on the video used:

* The Children in need video was a HD one downloaded off of Youtube - I'm having difficulty finding any 'blockiness' on playback
* Nieces video (downloaded Off of Youtube) - you can see some blockyness in it, especially if you pause it
* Still Camera (video grab) - Can't see any blockiness but I think there's a slight blurring effect but it doesn't actually seem worse than the Youtube video I made from it

env

Trophies
XP
Country
dpgenc is just short for DPG Encoder
The current dpgenc.exe found in moonshell 2.03?-2.10 package produce DPG4 videos, which already included thumbnail image if you convert a video(any format) from it.
suss.png

Notice that using an old dpgenc.exe or other dpg converter out there makes DPG3-1 vids and not included thumb image.
oops, already off-topic, @foddr: I'm sorry!
laugh.gif
nice thread though, I'm using this on the future
rolleyes.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
You can have a look at my inilink/iniclear (in new mshl2tools) to autoboot AKAIO
Hmm I've had a look (still a bit confused over HOW to use it) but doesn't this still use your NDSLink workaround ?? (having to run a BAT each time you load a game)
I think I'll wait until either yoy,Normmatt or some1 else comes up with a 'nds.akaio.nds' loader for 1.6/Modified overlay method for Moonshell 2.1final
- that way no mucking about with remembering to run the *.BAT

Thanks for the info though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o