www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
CannonFoddr said:
To change Moonshell - get a skin, highlight it from within MS - & press [A]

I'm not sure what you mean :s
Where are the sdkins for Moonshell ?

Overall I'm pretty disapointed by this Moonshell. The one I had on my DSTT was better. There was an history of the last files, French language, and I could easily change the skin
tongue.gif

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
Overall I'm pretty disapointed by this Moonshell. The one I had on my DSTT was better. There was an history of the last files, French language, and I could easily change the skin
tongue.gif
I don't know what you mean. What version did you use? 2.10stable with link launcher?
Anyway you should have french if you overwrite 2.10stable with 2.10beta9-minimal ( http://www.mediafire.com/file/mtmm0zd2qma/210b9fix.7z )

BTW cannonfoddr, how did you build 2.10MAIO? Did you use 2.10stable for base?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
BTW cannonfoddr, how did you build 2.10MAIO? Did you use 2.10stable for base?
NO .... Where'd you get 2.10MAIO from ??? - The latest is MAIOv2.01 - I did try it with '2.1Stable' but it didn't work (is it meant to ?? - if so I must've done something wrong)

The way I'm planning the numbering is as follows:-
Each 'Full Version' will have a different Moonshell as it's base
  • => So 'v1.00' is the original package I planned to release
    - it has Moonshell2.09 as it's base & that's only because that's the version I had installed on my card at the time I made the package
    (if I had MS v2.06 then v1.00 would've had that version as the base instead)
    => 'v2.00' has 'Moonshell v2.1beta9' as it's base
    => 'v3.00' will have (hopefully) have 'Moonshell 2.1 Stable' as it's base - if/when commercial running has been figured out
Each '.00' versions will have the same Moonshell version as it's base as the 'full' numbered one - but with either something added or possibly something that's been fixed
So in the case of MAIO 'v2.xx' - both have 'Moonshell 2.1beta9' as the base but since the new package now has AKAIO 1.6RC2 added - that's why it's called v2.01
[Technically it should really be called v2.02 - since v2.01 had a bug with my custom splash.ani & so I had to change the 'splash.ani' back to the original]

I thought it was better doing it this way instead of something like 'MAIO v2.09_1.5.1' or 'MAIO v2.1b9_1.6RC2', or I could've used dates
- but I could see a couple of problems doing it that way
I may release 2 different versions on the same day or I could also see some people may get confused to which file is newer

e.g if you saw 2 files 'MAIO 03_04_10' and 'MAIO 04_03_10' - which one would you consider newer ??
In UK the first would be considered newer (DD/MM/YY) but in America - the Second would be considered newer (MM/DD/YY)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
CannonFoddr said:
Where are the skins for Moonshell ?
You find them if you search for them

There's a few post on here of people who do skins -
try this post or this post

There's also quite a few on Filetrip

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
CannonFoddr said:
Ben_j said:
CannonFoddr said:
Where are the skins for Moonshell ?
You find them if you search for them

There's a few post on here of people who do skins -
try this post or this post

There's also quite a few on Filetrip

No I mean, where are they in Moonshell ? All I could find was the akaio skins. And I didn't understand how to change the skin in Moonshell

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
No I mean, where are they in Moonshell ? All I could find was the akaio skins. And I didn't understand how to change the skin in MoonshellOIC, Sorry misunderstood
- there's only 2 moonshell2 skins in my package - the 'Blue XMB.skn' and the 'default.skn' - both of these are found in the 'moonshl2/internal/' folder
Just highlight one of them & press [A] to change. If you want them anywhere else just copy them (using your PC) to where you'd like them stored

In fact if you read the 'Installation.txt' file I included in the package, you find I have mentionedQUOTE- If you wish to return to the default moonshell skin - Browse to '/moonshel2/internal/' & select the 'default.skn' file.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
??? Folder with various images ????
It wasn't one you downloaded from 'NDSThemes' by any chance ?? (contains ~14 graphics)

They're not compatible with Moonshell2 (IIRC - I THINK they were compatible with the very early Moonshell2 beta releases)

The only files compatible with the Moonshell2 in my packages are 'skn' files (which incidentally are NOT the same as sakura 'skn' files) - & they contain ~148 graphics

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I re-ask you where you added moonshl2/version.dat etc for "v2.01".
You are supposed to install 2.10beta9-reload.dat/overlay.dll to 2.10stable.

Do I have to take a diff with 2.10stable?

[Edit]
Md5 of 201002161705_moonshell210stable\moonshl2\version.dat = 2b484558593a8b826bedad0336fced8c
Md5 of 10151-MAIO v2.01\moonshl2\version.dat = bf0fe6b061c9c8ddfb9102c64b91c624
Completely wrong. USE MoonShell2.10 for BASE.
Until fix I have to ignore what you say...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
Do I have to take a diff with 2.10stable?
OK - I think I misunderstood what you meant,
Anyway just to make sure I've got everything right - what you wanted me to do was:-

> Install 'MS 2.1Stable'
> Install 'akaio 1.6RC2'
> Install your 'MooshlAlt.nds' loader (to allow Autoboot) - Rename it to 'akmenu4.nds'
> Install your 'MS 2.1beta9_fix' (the 'reload.dat' & the 'Overlay.dll')
> Install your 'MAIO_diff' (akaio.aio/akaio.nds/mselink.exe.. etc.. etc)
> Try it out on Commercial ROM

- If so, did this & it didn't work. It locked up on the Black [top]/White [bottom] Status screen

So I've done a bit of experimenting, but don't know if this actually affect Moonshell 2.1 Stable in any way
> Copied over the 'version.dat' from MS 2.1beta9 - Tried again & it booted up PASS the Black/White status screen BUT locked up on the splash.ani (Shows 'Moonsh_')
> Disabled Diskcheck in 'moonshell.ini' & it still locked up on the 'splash.ani' but the animation did go further (showed 'Moonshell')
> Replaced 'splash.ani' with the one from 'Moonshell2.1beta9' (Returned 'Diskcheck' back to '1' in moonshell.ini BTW) - Sucess, Moonshell boots up AND run Commercial ROMS (I tried Sonic Classic Collection & Bejewelled Twist),

Only problem(s) is that Moonshell 'splash.ani' states it's 2.09 while the setup screen states it's 'Moonshell ver 2.10 beta 9 for translation'
So using a Hex editor - I changed your 'overlay.dll' to show 'Moonshell ver.2.10 Stable (Xenon++ Fix)' instead (basically I replaced [offset] 4D0 to 51F with the text) -

So the only problem NOW is that we still can't use custom 'Splash.ani' files .
You know Moonshell better than I - does changing the 'version.dat' file actually affect Moonshel 2.1Stable main code in any way ??

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
tongue.gif
Well, possibly what the difference (other than overlay.dll/reload.dat) between 2.09 and 2.10beta9 is language things?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
Ben_j said:
tongue.gif
Well, possibly what the difference (other than overlay.dll/reload.dat) between 2.09 and 2.10beta9 is language things?
Well - In my packages I actually didn't install the extra languages - & French is one of them. The next package will most probably will have everything added (I did mentioned it in the Installation.txt file in my packages)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
Okay very sorry.
What have you got to be sorry about - it was me who cut out the languages, not realising that someone WANTED those languages
laugh.gif

Oh - by the way, What DOES 'version.dat' actually do ??? - looking at it in a HEX editor, all I can see is the very first byte is different between 2.1beta9 & 2.1stable

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Xenon++ said:
Okay very sorry.
What have you got to be sorry about - it was me who cut out the languages, not realising that someone WANTED those languages
laugh.gif

Oh - by the way, What DOES 'version.dat' actually do ??? - looking at it in a HEX editor, all I can see is the very first byte is different between 2.1beta9 & 2.1stable
lol... it's the version number itself...

2.08:
08 00 00 02

2.09:
09 00 00 02

2.10:
10 00 00 02

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
^ Doh!!
doh.gif
- I should've guessed that
Still - how does this affect MS 2.1 Stable and your 'fixes' ??

I still would like to get the 'splash.ani' working correctly as it does look a little odd booting up,
especially now when it says 'Moonshell 2.09' @ the top and 'Moonshell 2.1 Stable (Xenon++ fix) on the bottom of the same screen
laugh.gif

Oh .. and v3.00 is now on the first page

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
CannonFoddr said:
^ Doh!!
doh.gif
- I should've guessed that
Still - how does this affect MS 2.1 Stable and your 'fixes' ??

I still would like to get the 'splash.ani' working correctly as it does look a little odd booting up,
especially now when it says 'Moonshell 2.09' @ the top and 'Moonshell 2.1 Stable (Xenon++ fix) on the bottom of the same screen
laugh.gif

Oh .. and v3.00 is now on the first page

THX 4 the new version.

xenon++: What does the mselink.exe? Is there a way to hide the text between moonshell and starting akaio for example and get a "loading" screen or whatever?
It's not a problem, TY that everything works, but it would look nice.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
798-Icebird said:
xenon++: What does the mselink.exe? Is there a way to hide the text between moonshell and starting akaio for example and get a "loading" screen or whatever?
mselink.exe is included by mistake! Please remove! It has something to do with only mshl2tools.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
798-Icebird said:
mselink.exe is included by mistake! Please remove! It has something to do with only mshl2tools.
Dam & it's in my package.... Oh well just gotta remember not to include it in the next update
laugh.gif

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CannonFoddr (or someone else who knows the answer):

Is there a way to install AKAIO 1.6RC2 + Moonshell 2.10, without the files necessary to load ROMs, and still autoboot? Because I don't need to run games, only music, and it's more acessible to me autoboot Moonshell in this SD (I use 8GB for games and 2GB for music, different SDs).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.