Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
mylitomutalisk said:
noob question, is it safe to load other skins and to turn on internal names only for moonshell?
It is safe to load other skins (the worst that I have ever seen a skin do is have a corrupted image look when the source image wasn't the right bitdepth, but apart from that, nothing bad can happen from loading a skin). As for internal names, I don't think there is any way to get moonshell to view the internal names.

MarsXTC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I stop it from auto booting it to moonshell, I'd rather boot to moonshell when ever I need it, I just dont like the gui of it :|

MarsXTC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
You could just install the regular moonshell2...or just swap the akmenu4.nds for the AKAIO akmenu4.nds or an iniclear.nds from Xenon++'s stuff (this is if you plan on having moonshell2 still be able to load roms).
regular moonshell doesnt work for me, Switching the AKMENU4.nds, just kept loading my previous started game, and I dont plan on using moonshell2 to loda my games

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
MarsXTC said:
regular moonshell doesnt work for me, Switching the AKMENU4.nds, just kept loading my previous started game, and I dont plan on using moonshell2 to loda my games
When booting, hold B I think it was to get out of autobooting (moonshell2 uses that to load the bigger games). Then you have to manually change your system settings via AKAIO to not autoboot. To stop moonshell2 from using AKAIO for loading (as a just in case thing that prevents troublesome work later), you could take out the inilink.nds's and either leave it as it is, get the ones from the official moonshell2 download, or use Xenon++'s _vh.bootlib.nds (I think he has this somewhere).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MarsXTC said:
How do I stop it from auto booting it to moonshell, I'd rather boot to moonshell when ever I need it, I just dont like the gui of it :|
Don't know why you don't like the GUI - it's almost the same as AKAIO anyway
laugh.gif

Well - as said above you could just install Moonshell seperately

Although the best thing to do is:
> Back up your microSD
> Format it with the Panasonic Formatter
> Download Moonshell, unzip & run the 'setup.exe' (don't forget to also run the set language program as well)
> Install AKAIO 1.6rc2
> Copy back all your Roms/Text/Music etc from the backup

Although doing it this way you will lose the ability of running ROMs through Moonshell, at least you'll be sure that there's no possibility of conflicts

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
MarsXTC said:
When booting, hold B I think it was to get out of autobooting (moonshell2 uses that to load the bigger games). Then you have to manually change your system settings via AKAIO to not autoboot. To stop moonshell2 from using AKAIO for loading (as a just in case thing that prevents troublesome work later), you could take out the inilink.nds's and either leave it as it is, get the ones from the official moonshell2 download, or use Xenon++'s _vh.bootlib.nds (I think he has this somewhere).
_vh.bootlib.nds is just a large nds loader(in mshl2pack). Use iniclear...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Magus_X said:
Is there anyway to make this work on AK2.1 ? Apparently it does already work on a Acekard 2.1 (Did you read the first post ?? )

QUOTEMAIO v1.00 on 'Non-defective' Acekard 2.1 - by Vampirex
MAIO v1.00 on 'Defective' Acekard 2.1 (but with some problems with some games) - by ceteksretek
MAIO v3.00 on 'Non-defective' Acekard 2.1 - by ~Stenny

I can't really test it - but those people were kind enough to say that it does

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hatsune Miku said:
I get a missing system file error and freeze.
I'm oh so very jealous of the picture you used of Hatsune Miku (I can't seem to find it anywhere D=< ), but anyways you shouldn't be getting the missing system file error...unless you poke at it...or use the wrong version (you should be using MAIO v3.00 with AK2i)...If anything, maybe try starting afresh with new files and seeing if it works.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Hatsune Miku said:
I get a missing system file error and freeze.
I'm oh so very jealous of the picture you used of Hatsune Miku (I can't seem to find it anywhere D=< ), but anyways you shouldn't be getting the missing system file error...unless you poke at it...or use the wrong version (you should be using MAIO v3.00 with AK2i)...If anything, maybe try starting afresh with new files and seeing if it works.
lol, if I can find the link, I can give it to you. Anyways, I fixed the problem. Now I have another. I cannot run commercial roms. is there a step I need to follow for running commercial roms?

EDIT: oh my, now I'm getting extention memory not found.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hatsune Miku said:
lol, if I can find the link, I can give it to you. Anyways, I fixed the problem. Now I have another. I cannot run commercial roms. is there a step I need to follow for running commercial roms?

It should be able to run commercial roms from the get-go...at least, if you have AKAIO already installed (I think it comes with akaio anyways)...
If you could give a little more information about what is happening when you attempt loading a rom, it might help me out in figuring out what is going on.

As for the extension memory not found, that isn't really a problem, its more of an informational feedback that Moonlight put in (just to tell you if you have a slot2 expansion in or not). If it is getting stuck there, then you might want to do a reformat and reinstall really quick and then make sure that the diskcheck is off (can be found in the moonshl2.ini, should have a line that looks like this: 'AlwaysDisabledCheckDisk=1') because diskcheck has been known to not work hand-in-hand with Acekards for some odd reason (not really that much of a problem to the mSD, but ms2's diskcheck pops up with some random problem every now and then if left on).

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Hatsune Miku said:

It should be able to run commercial roms from the get-go...at least, if you have AKAIO already installed (I think it comes with akaio anyways)...
If you could give a little more information about what is happening when you attempt loading a rom, it might help me out in figuring out what is going on.

As for the extension memory not found, that isn't really a problem, its more of an informational feedback that Moonlight put in (just to tell you if you have a slot2 expansion in or not). If it is getting stuck there, then you might want to do a reformat and reinstall really quick and then make sure that the diskcheck is off (can be found in the moonshl2.ini, should have a line that looks like this: 'AlwaysDisabledCheckDisk=1') because diskcheck has been known to not work hand-in-hand with Acekards for some odd reason (not really that much of a problem to the mSD, but ms2's diskcheck pops up with some random problem every now and then if left on).
Well, I fixed the problem. I formatted it. One last problem: My sister can no longer play Style Boutique. It worked on older versions of akaio, but if I change it, it always autoboots Style Boutique.

Magus_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Magus_X said:
Is there anyway to make this work on AK2.1 ? Apparently it does already work on a Acekard 2.1 (Did you read the first post ?? )

QUOTEMAIO v1.00 on 'Non-defective' Acekard 2.1 - by Vampirex
MAIO v1.00 on 'Defective' Acekard 2.1 (but with some problems with some games) - by ceteksretek
MAIO v3.00 on 'Non-defective' Acekard 2.1 - by ~Stenny

I can't really test it - but those people were kind enough to say that it does
Well, i tried and got a bluescreen, DLDI error i think. Do i need to DLDI patch it manually?

persichini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok forgive me if I’ve missed this in the previous post, which I read threw, most of which was long..

When your auto booting it shows a lot of boot screen style information. Is there a way to hide boot info, maybe display a splash screen?

It would really give a more finished look. My Daughter looked at me like I was crazy when I set this up for her and it flashed random Chinese writing on the screen before booting.

I know this isn't a functionality issue more of a GUI tweaks.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Currently mshl2tools cannot disable loading progress... Debugging is important.
>random Chinese writing
What? Are you using MoonShell official moonshl2.nds?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ Magus_X: That's weird....There shouldn't be any need to DLDI it.

The only blue screen that I can remember (apart from the Moonshell Boot screen) is the loader that starts Moonshell & that pops up only briefly
(I think the last line reads something like 'applying DLDI...')

If it's locking up @ that point - I can only guess that either there's a problem or possibly a currupt Moonshell file somewhere
Have you tried the usual: Backup / Panasonic format / Reinstall ???

Also when Reinstalling - try only copying a folder/files over one at a time - e.g do the 'Moonshl2/' first, then the '/_aio/' folder etc etc
IIRC I had trouble way back when I installed moonshell over an existing version (although that 'locked' up on the Black Top /White bottom screen)

Have you checked to see if your AK2.1 is one of the 'dodgy' ones (there was a thread on the AKAIO forums but since that's down the only one I can find is Here?

@ Xenon++: Maybe he's talking about the bottom white status screen of Moonshell - that has both English & Chinese writtting on it

@ persichini: as Xenon++ has said - no... there's is no way of removing that unless moonshell is re-written, of which moonlight (the developer) has stopped doing
IF however some1 could figure out WHERE in the code that picture is stored - then I guess re-writting that portion of code to 'blank' it COULD be done

persichini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Xenon++: I was talking about the bottom white status screen of Moonshell - that has both English & Chinese writtting on it, i don't have the nds with me, but i also beleave there are a few other scrolling screens too.

@CannonFoddr: To bad moonlight stopped working on it. it would be nice to have a silent boot option. I understand the need for debugging. But when the primary user is an 8 year old who's not allowed or given the micro sd adapter to access files there is little if any need.

I under stand, it will be one of things worth dealing with for this awsome addition.

BTW thank you for intergrating all of this, my 8 year old has currently missplaced 11 of her 12 NDS games... the only game that she still has is the one that was in the NDS. now she has all 12 games, plus music, and movies in a very simple usable form. thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth