No Probs - just glad you got it working

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Hey i'm getting an acekard 2i and i will be using this cause it looks awesome! You asked people to post what plugins we should have, i have some suggestions:

A CBDS plugin

A nes plugin

A snes plugin

Yeah thats about it cant think of more thanks in advanced!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
R4Liam said:
Hey i'm getting an acekard 2i and i will be using this cause it looks awesome! You asked people to post what plugins we should have, i have some suggestions:

A CBDS plugin / A nes plugin / A snes plugin

Yeah thats about it cant think of more thanks in advanced!
Well MAIO already has SNES and NES 'plugin' - not 100% sure what a CBDS file is. Is that the 'ComicbookDS' file type by any chance ??
- if so I think there might be a problem with trying that one

'Comicbook' uses a 4 letter file extension (CBDS) but Moonshell only recognises 3 letter file extensions in it's 'ExtLink' folder plugins

I'll have to see if by changing the file extension of 'CBDS' to something like 'CBK' will affect the Comicbook program
(FYI most of the 'plugins' for Moonshell are nothing more than the actual 'nds' file for a particular file type - just renamed slightly to include the file extension
e.g. 'gb.lameboy.nds' is really just a copy of 'lameboy.nds')

Currently the plugins 'included' in 'MAIO' are:
  • AVI - (Tunavid)
  • GB/GBC - Gameboy/Gameboy Color Emulation (Lameboy)
  • GEN - Genisis/Megadrive Emulation (jEnesis)
  • NES - NES Emulation (NesterDS)
  • SMC - SNES Emulation (SNEmulDS)
  • IPK - A picture viewer/slideshow program that's a bit like Comicbook
  • INI - text editor (TextEdit)
'MAIO v1.01' has a couple of extras
  • GBA - GBA_ExpLoader plugin (only usable on DSLite/Phat unit with a Slot-2 expansion card)
  • SNA - Spectrum Emulator (Speccy)
You can copy these & add them to any other packages '/moonshl2/extlink/ folder to get the same functions

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jeffro said:
What is the best version of Maio ppl should use? I can't decide and I don't really know the huge differences. Is it just a splash not working in 3.0?
Best version... Some people would say go for MAIO v3 as it contains Moonshell 2.1 final, so most Moonshell 'bugs' should've been cured (including the 'fatal' one with 16Gb MSD card on earlier versions), although some people think that v2.05 was the most 'stable' version, however I've never made a MAIO package with that in

As for 'is splash screen the only problem?'....Not really - If you look in the 'Bug List' on first post, you'll see that the packages with AKAIO 1.6RC support seems to have a problem 'remembering' what files you've recently used in Moonshell (when you press [Select] > 'App launcher' in MS 2.1) - but if, like me, you don't use that feature - it's not a major problem.

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
CannonFoddr said:
jeffro said:
What is the best version of Maio ppl should use? I can't decide and I don't really know the huge differences. Is it just a splash not working in 3.0?
Best version... Some people would say go for MAIO v3 as it contains Moonshell 2.1 final, so most Moonshell 'bugs' should've been cured (including the 'fatal' one with 16Gb MSD card on earlier versions), although some people think that v2.05 was the most 'stable' version, however I've never made a MAIO package with that in

As for 'is splash screen the only problem?'....Not really - If you look in the 'Bug List' on first post, you'll see that the packages with AKAIO 1.6RC support seems to have a problem 'remembering' what files you've recently used in Moonshell (when you press [Select] > 'App launcher' in MS 2.1) - but if, like me, you don't use that feature - it's not a major problem.

Ah, I'm backing up my stuff now and will be trying this shortly
biggrin.gif
backing up 8 gb is a pain D:

Also why isnt the GBA plugin added to 3.0? I love playing gba games D:

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jeffro said:
The reason was I never found the GBA plugin until after I made the v3 MAIO, & I couldn't be bothered to create a new v3 just for an additional plugin (guess that would've made it a 'MAIO v3.00.01' I guess)

I'm holding out for when AKAIO 1.6RC3 comes out THEN I'll be updating all the 1.6 supported MAIO's (as long as it still works with the new AKAIO) with all the plugins to date

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
CannonFoddr said:
jeffro said:
The reason was I never found the GBA plugin until after I made the v3 MAIO, & I couldn't be bothered to create a new v3 just for an additional plugin (guess that would've made it a 'MAIO v3.00.01' I guess)

I'm holding out for when AKAIO 1.6RC3 comes out THEN I'll be updating all the 1.6 supported MAIO's (as long as it still works with the new AKAIO) with all the plugins to date

Ahh nice
smile.gif

I like this interface. I do however found out my gba games arent loading correctly. Is it exploader or is my cart really dying now?
frown.gif
(ezflash 3 in 1) Rumbling works and so does the memory.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
jeffro said:
Ahh nice
smile.gif

I like this interface. I do however found out my gba games arent loading correctly. Is it exploader or is my cart really dying now?
frown.gif
(ezflash 3 in 1) Rumbling works and so does the memory.
You should check if you have the GBAExploader extlink in the moonshl2 extlink folder. It might not work quite like the latest GBAExploader if I'm remembering correctly (I think the extlink is an older version, but I can't remember at the moment).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
spark1223 said:
I heard doing this could brick the acekard 2i is this true?
I'm pretty sure that Cannonfoddr wouldn't have continued updating if it were corrupting AK2i's...That said, no it doesn't brick your AK2i...There are very few things that can brick a flashcart, and moonshell2 will definitely NEVER do anything cruelly harmful to any flashcart because it does absolutely nothing dangerous.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
spark1223 said:
I heard doing this could brick the acekard 2i is this true?
I'm pretty sure that Cannonfoddr wouldn't have continued updating if it were corrupting AK2i's...That said, no it doesn't brick your AK2i...There are very few things that can brick a flashcart, and moonshell2 will definitely NEVER do anything cruelly harmful to any flashcart because it does absolutely nothing dangerous.
It's possible that 'Spark' may've heard the bit about YSMenu bricking Acekards OR that earlier version of moonshell can corrupt MicroSD cards larger than 8Gb - & just got mixed up...

All I can tell you is that I've been using Moonshell since v1.71 on several different flashcards (M3 Simply/DSTTi/Acekard) using different size MicroSd cards (ranging from 256Kb up to 8Gb) & never had any flashcard 'bricked' on me

The only flashcard to go wrong with me was a DSTTi - & THAT was because of the Nintendo 1.4 fix for it didn't work

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
All I can tell you is that I've been using Moonshell since v1.71 on several different flashcards (M3 Simply/DSTTi/Acekard) using different size MicroSd cards (ranging from 256Kb up to 8Gb) & never had any flashcard 'bricked' on me
When you going to create new file after last cluster is used, the SD will be bricked. Apply fatpatch to avoid it.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this doesn't use YSMenu? I might consider this then, but RC3 will out soon, this may need to be updated. I always wanted to load commercial roms in moonshell.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
spark1223 said:
So this doesn't use YSMenu? I might consider this then, but RC3 will out soon, this may need to be updated. I always wanted to load commercial roms in moonshell.
Don't worry - IF the MAIO setup works with 1.6RC3 (I can't see why not unless the AKAIO team change their encryption etc in which case we'll have to wait until Xenon++ makes an update to the RC 'support' files) - I'll be updating MAIO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    +1
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and develop a sense of work ethic, ya darn whippersnappers!
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    "lets the devil control you sperm!!!" iwantsummadat!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    talk about a semen demon
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I got logged out of my GBAtemp account. First thing I think: "O SHIT DID I GET BANNED"
    +1
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    oh noes!!!!!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good thing you didn't
    +1
    Spermin on the mound was given by Jizzus
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Spermin on the mound was given by Jizzus