Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
spark1223 said:
Sweet. Is there easy access to patches and stuff.
If you mean the files I've used to make Moonshell autorun & also AKAIO 1.6RC support then:

AKAIO 1.6RC support files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wltmmdbwkjj/maio_diff.7z
(DON'T copy over the mselink.exe file - that's not needed)
The 'readme' that comes with the file is 'cut short' & doesn't include all the info but the last line SHOULD read '4. Put akaio.* files into root directory'

Moonshell Acekard 2i 'autoboot': http://www.mediafire.com/?iym5m3mtxle
Use the 'moonshl2alt.nds' in '/reset_mse/' folder & rename to 'akmenu4.nds' & replace AKAIO own version of 'akmenu4.nds'
Also rename 'moonshl2alt.nds' to 'rpgs.nds' & put into '/moonshl2/resetmse/' folder to allow moonshells 'reset to firmware' to work

Both of these are made by Xenon++ (the Normmatt 'patches' were used for AKAIO 1.5.1 versions of MAIO & I guess you don't want to go back to that version, so I've not included that)

The only changes I done are shown in the first post
- to change the icon of the 'autoloader' I used ROMER
- to change the 'text' of moonshell bootup from 'Moonshell 2.09 beta for translation' to 'Moonshell Fix (Xenon++ patch)' I used HxD hex editor (portable edition)

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
spark1223 said:
So this doesn't use YSMenu? I might consider this then, but RC3 will out soon, this may need to be updated. I always wanted to load commercial roms in moonshell.
Don't worry - IF the MAIO setup works with 1.6RC3 (I can't see why not unless the AKAIO team change their encryption etc in which case we'll have to wait until Xenon++ makes an update to the RC 'support' files) - I'll be updating MAIO
ENCRYPTION DOESN'T HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH autorunWithLastRom. Stop arguing about decryption.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Don't worry - IF the MAIO setup works with 1.6RC3 (I can't see why not unless the AKAIO team change their encryption etc in which case we'll have to wait until Xenon++ makes an update to the RC 'support' files) - I'll be updating MAIO
Lol Cannonfoddr, the only thing that Xenon++ did to make it support AKAIO 1.6RC2 was add compatibility with AKAIO's ini (changes the ini to have the rom you want loaded) and then have the inilink.nds launch the AKAIO firmware (a simple renaming from akmenu4.nds to akaio.aio and then booting the 'akaio.aio' from what I can see) so that AKAIO loads the rom. Apart from that was using the alternative moonshell2 loader because keeping AKAIO as the main firmware would mean autobooting the last rom chosen with moonshell2 (alternatively, the iniclear could be used...if you want AKAIO as the main firmware).
That is why autorunWithLastRom is so important in the WoodR4 builds (and thus why Xenon++ adds it). Technically, you could do the exact same setup with an R4 using Xenon++'s WoodR4 mod (although it isn't updated yet since YWG didn't put up the changes he made on the google page).

In short, Xenon++ is bypassing any encryption from AKAIO which is why it will never have the same problem as the loader Normmatt made (I'm guessing Normmatt went a little farther with the original loader so that it doesn't exactly boot AKAIO fully, thus the loading times would be a little shorter) as long as the autorunWithLastRom option is available.
(I was figuring this stuff out from looking at your MAIO download because I was trying to see what Xenon++ did so I can make a setup comfortable for myself xD, so I might be slightly wrong on some of my inferences).

QUOTE(Xenon++ @ May 13 2010, 11:57 PM) ENCRYPTION DOESN'T HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH autorunWithLastRom. Stop arguing about decryption.
=D I feel like this idea for using the autorunWithLastRom came from how the ysloader worked, but at least I found out part of what you were doing although I can't code for squat xD.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
ENCRYPTION DOESN'T HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH autorunWithLastRom. Stop arguing about decryption.
Who's arguing about decryption ?????- since I don't know exactly WHAT all these 'workarounds' actually do I can only a guess (which is usually wrong anyway)

All I do know is
> Moonlight did something to Moonshell to prevent running Commercial Roms using Normmatt AKAIO loader
> The AKAIO team has 're-encrypted' AKAIO to prevent further hacking attempts
> There's something different with the design of Ak2i compared to AK2.1 and RPG that prevents Moonshell from running as default OS - with just a rename change (hence the 'System Files missing' message we get)
> I can only assume the 'moonshl2alt' does 'something' that get around the 'System Files missing' - exactly what I don't know, possibly built into it is a bit of code that fools the AK2i that the required system files actually exist

All I care about is - as long as I can boot Commercial ROM's through Moonshell - I'm Happy
The only thing I'd like though (but not to fussed) is a way to 'hide' the 'bootup text' of Moonshell and Xenon++ loaders

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ignorance is much fear...

>Moonlight did something to Moonshell to prevent running Commercial Roms using Normmatt AKAIO loader
no, MoonShell>=2.10fb1 cannot boot commercial roms with ANY LOADER

>The AKAIO team has 're-encrypted' AKAIO to prevent further hacking attempts
They have re-encrypted only loaders, not akmenu4

> There's something different with the design of Ak2i compared to AK2.1 and RPG that prevents Moonshell from running as default OS
Changing start address to 0x02000450 is fine. This is what is done in MoonShell2 Alternative Loader.

IN SHORT,
>in which case we'll have to wait until ...
NO WAY.

PS.
>a way to 'hide' the 'bootup text'
just setup devkitARM and recompile reset_mse
tongue.gif

PS2.
I got upset with your saying you disliked Rudolph, for loader decryption means AKAIO loader runs on R4Ui.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
>no, MoonShell>=2.10fb1 cannot boot commercial roms with ANY LOADER
Sorry....didn't make myself clear enough with that statement ....I only mentioned Normmatts loaders since this post refers to Acekard/MS combo, & they are/were the only one's I trusted to use on an Acekard - that's why I never mentioned YSMenu Loaders

They have re-encrypted only loaders, not akmenu4
OK - I got that bit wrong... I could claim that when I refer to AKAIO - I'm mentioning the package as a whole

Changing start address to 0x02000450 is fine. This is what is done in MoonShell2 Alternative Loader.
Ah - nice to get that little bit of info - If I understand right - it's not a piece of code IN alt loader that fools the ak2i - It's the address in memory that the alt loader is STORED/RUN that cures the 'missing system files' problem

a way to 'hide' the 'bootup text'...just setup devkitARM and recompile reset_mse
Guess I'll have to start learning how to do that then
unsure.gif

I got upset with your saying you disliked Rudolph, for loader decryption means AKAIO loader runs on R4Ui.
I apologize
bow.gif
... I admit I do admire how clever all these programmers are who can get a piece of code, reverse engineer or hack it & create something 'new'.
I was just following the trend of other Acekard users... won't be doing that again anytime soon (just ordered a DSTwo
wink.gif
)

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this work with the 2i? (on front page it only says 2.1) hope so cus this looks great! (i would just download it, but it took 20 mins to just get moonshell, so ill wait and see)

wow just reread first post, aparently it does work on dsi
smile.gif
you rock! (but is there a lameboy plugin?)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:
does this work with the 2i? (on front page it only says 2.1) hope so cus this looks great! (i would just download it, but it took 20 mins to just get moonshell, so ill wait and see)

wow just reread first post, aparently it does work on dsi
smile.gif
you rock! (but is there a lameboy plugin?)
There isn't really a lameboy plugin...the only thing that is there right now is the lameboy.nds renamed as a plugin (so you can click on a gbc/gb game and it will load up lameboy, and then you have to use lameboy per usual).

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops lol thats what i meant anyways
tongue.gif

is there a way to make it so it can run nes game, using Nesds, not nester? (nester lacks features, and is slower
tongue.gif
) (like renaming something?)

also, when i click a GB game form the maio, it just starts lameboy (is that what u meant, it wont load game, it just loads app?)

also, how can i make it so it soft resets?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:
is there a way to make it so it can run nes game, using Nesds, not nester? (nester lacks features, and is slower
tongue.gif
also, when i click a GB game form the maio, it just starts lameboy (is that what u meant, it wont load game, it just loads app?)
That clicking a GB game and it just starts lameboy is exactly what I'm talking about. That is actually just a renamed lameboy.nds...I suppose if you are fine with that sort of setup, you can do the same thing for NesDS...(I'm pretty sure that nester was better though).

I have no idea about the softreseting though.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
bluebowser31 said:
tongue.gif
That clicking a GB game and it just starts lameboy is exactly what I'm talking about. That is actually just a renamed lameboy.nds...I suppose if you are fine with that sort of setup, you can do the same thing for NesDS...(I'm pretty sure that nester was better though).

I have no idea about the softreseting though.
I'm puzzled what 'soft reset' are you talking about

Are we talking about Moonshell 'softreset' into AKAIO ? - Or are we talking about while playing ROMS, being able to 'soft-rest' & booting back into Moonshell

> If it 'softrest' into AKAIO - you use EITHER the 'Reset to Firmware' option in Moonshell or run the AKAIO file in the root - it's already set up in MAIO for this
> If it's SoftReset from within a ROM - then (as long as it's enabled in AKAIO) then you should be able to use the AKAIO key combo to reset & reboot Moonshell
(AKAIO D-Pad combination is L+R+B+A+Down while actively using a ROM or Homebrew)

I don't really use this 'Softreset' from Games - since I use a DSi & a short press of the power button does the same thing, but I've just tried it with 'Bomberman' & yes it does work

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i dont have my dsi yet, so thats why i want this. Yeah i just couldnt find the combination, sorry for asking
tongue.gif

and the reason nesterds is worse in my opinion, it lacks rewind, fast forward, autoclicking, and on mine it runs 5 fps's less
tongue.gif
oh and sound sometimes glitches... oh and you cant close ds, and you cant save states, and you cant switch top and bottom screens... (sorry for bashing it, but it is way worse...)
anyways, is there a way to make it so when i use the lameboy.nds (non pluggin) it at least goes into the right folder? or would that require re-coding o.o?

Well how do people make .nds files? do they just plain write a .nds code, like html (obviously harder, but i mean for the fact that it doesnt require a program) or is it like you HAVE to use a program, like Gamemaker (cant just write) or is it like flash, were you write it, but the program is required, and helps?

*wait this is only in acekard 2i!?!? wow now im realy happy with my decision, this rocks!*

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Whoa boy ... That's a lot to ask for
laugh.gif

Anyway - if you want NESDS instead of NesterDS - you could always replace it.
Just remove the 'nes.nesterds.nds' from 'Moonshl2/Extlink/' folder and replace it with 'NesDS.nds' - but renamed to 'nes.nesds.nds'

As for Lameboy - I think it'll need re-programming, since there's no '*.ini' or 'cfg' file for it, so no way to tell it where to go

How do they make nds programs ?? - well basically....
> Programmer uses an 'editor' that creates a set of instructions as a 'listing' or 'source'
> The 'Listing' is use with another program (a 'Compiler') which uses 'libraries' to produce a 'standalone program' for whichever system you want to run the finished program on

Depending on the software used - the 'editor' and 'compiler' may or may not be all-in-one, and the way to create the code may be 'simplified'
e.g 'Gamemaker' will load a background picture, just by the user doubleclicking on a file from a file selector,
while languages like Delphi or VB may require something like
  • picturebox1.create
    picturebox1.loadfromfile(filename)
just to do the same thing

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang, sounds harder than actionscript...

yeah thanks for all the help, going to go kill nester now, and update snesmulds...

im asuming that dpg is the fastest movie format? because moonshell is 1 of 2 movie players i have heard of, and suposedly tuna can only go 12 fps...

and do you know of any free "editors" and "compilers"? (i might try to make a hello world o.o)

and does anyone (xennon) know if it would eb possible to make a cheat pluggin? or would require recoding moonshell 2
frown.gif

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bluebowser31 said:
im asuming that dpg is the fastest movie format? because moonshell is 1 of 2 movie players i have heard of, and suposedly tuna can only go 12 fps...

and do you know of any free "editors" and "compilers"? (i might try to make a hello world o.o)

and does anyone (xennon) know if it would eb possible to make a cheat pluggin? or would require recoding moonshell 2
frown.gif
1. but you have to convert the movie to dpg, which cannot be converted to other formats currently. tuna plays normal avi so fps is low.
2. So many editors, search by your own. We use devkitPro as compiler.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/
# instruction website is down now.
3. If I somehow want to, but...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey Cannonfoddr, I was able to find that option that I imagined was in Moonshell2 (back when we were talking about the "Recent Apps" and how I felt there was a way to keep that page from updating). As it turns out, its the "Start MoonShell from Recent Files" toggle. Having it on will update the recent files like its namesake and having it off preserves the files already there. So it would be really easy to just put a hidden text file (I called mine "Text Editor._te" and it works just fine) in the text folder.

-edit-
Also, where did you get the jEnesis extlink (or at least what version of jEnesis is it?)
-doubleedit-
nvm, I just check and noticed that it was just a renamed .nds file. I'm going to just infer that it is the latest.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Hey Cannonfoddr, I was able to find that option in Moonshell2 ..... its the "Start MoonShell from Recent Files" toggle.
Having it on will update the recent files...Having it off preserves the files already there.....
Many thanks for that info (I've updated the first post's 'bug list' with it now) - & there's me thinking it was something I'd done
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1