Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow!
smile.gif

You're working fast man!

3.1 already, i think everyone would LOVE it if you release 3.1.

- Robke

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why do people want Heart Gold so bad. The only difference i see is the Ho-oh and some other pokes,if you wan't them,just use the action replay and get them :/. I'm just saying this because it's extra work for wataru to make the HG version,and instead of doing that, he can work on the SS version more.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laxman0220 said:
Why do people want Heart Gold so bad. The only difference i see is the Ho-oh and some other pokes,if you wan't them,just use the action replay and get them :/. I'm just saying this because it's extra work for wataru to make the HG version,and instead of doing that, he can work on the SS version more.
This is a good point and I don't know if people would appreciate all the work it takes to change the descriptions to the Gold ones.

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Last time I tried a patch from WataruKun, it was V1. I didn't use it that much because most items weren't translated, especially TMs. What's new since patch V1.

Also WataruKun, I would suggest that in your original post you put the % of things you translated, just for other people to know and to see more of your progress. This may shut up some people that keep asking about it. (The irony, I guess...)

Thanks for listening and thanks for the patch!
biggrin.gif

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
laxman0220 said:
This is a good point and I don't know if people would appreciate all the work it takes to change the descriptions to the Gold ones.

The only difference is a matter of taste. My favourite pokemon games are still Gold and Emerald, but gold because it was the first game I ever actually completed 100% and Emerald because of the fact I caught a Shiny Rayquaza on it.
But because of that, I want to 100% Gold again.
Anyway, the work would be appreciated. I've watched this thread from day two, and know how much text there is in pokémon games. In all honesty, your work is nothing less than impressive! Many people have said this, including myself, but seriously. Keep up the fucking awesome work!

EDIT:
QUOTE(adrian2040 @ Oct 9 2009, 08:04 PM)
Last time I tried a patch from WataruKun, it was V1. I didn't use it that much because most items weren't translated, especially TMs. What's new since patch V1.

Also WataruKun, I would suggest that in your original post you put the % of things you translated, just for other people to know and to see more of your progress. This may shut up some people that keep asking about it. (The irony, I guess...)

biggrin.gif
As far as I know, all items up to Goldenrod is translated, all pokemon up to the same point are translated, and maybe 90/95% of the text up to that point is too.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adrian2040 said:

biggrin.gif
I'd actually suggest against that, since they're always inaccurate... such as yaymii's post where he says 10% dialog translated but then he can't find where dialog is kept... oy vey XD

Anywho, back on topic, just take it for what it is
tongue.gif
if you don't want to play a less than 100% patch then wait til christmas when this should be out of beta, or spring for official release.

Mas01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For 3.1, would the text be translated in ilex forest and the day care incident? A few of those parts were missing.

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Watarukun is doing the right thing. It may partially down the thread but someone should set the rules.
Anyway cant w8 for V3.1 Doing an awsome job.

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, i have a problem with the pokegear in my soul silver rom. Whenever i try and access it, it just freezes and gives mea black screen. I applied rudolphs anti-piracy patch, then Wataru's v3 patch. (since the v3 patch couldnt save). After all this, it still freezes whenever i touch the pokegear >.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMALL BUG REPORT!!!

Wataru/Magnius, I don't know if this is of any significance, but when you get your first potions in Prof. Elm's Lab, the text that says you got the potions is glitchy. It seems there are some foreign symbols in there.

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shadowhunter93 said:
SMALL BUG REPORT!!!

Wataru/Magnius, I don't know if this is of any significance, but when you get your first potions in Prof. Elm's Lab, the text that says you got the potions is glitchy. It seems there are some foreign symbols in there.
Also
when you start a new game the first text box that oak talks to you with is also a little glitchy
the typeset isn't properly aligned either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I just got friendzoned by the girl i like :sleep:
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :ohnoes: oh wait.. Here they are. Thought I lost my Chips Ahoy cookies :cry:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And...