Status
Not open for further replies.

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, i have a problem with the pokegear in my soul silver rom. Whenever i try and access it, it just freezes and gives mea black screen. I applied rudolphs anti-piracy patch, then Wataru's v3 patch. (since the v3 patch couldnt save). After all this, it still freezes whenever i touch the pokegear >.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks again, as always for v3.0. defo looking forward to v3.1.
smile.gif

Best regards and keep up the good work!

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, i have a problem with the pokegear in my soul silver rom. Whenever i try and access it, it just freezes and gives mea black screen. I applied rudolphs anti-piracy patch, then Wataru's v3 patch. (since the v3 patch couldnt save). After all this, it still freezes whenever i touch the pokegear >.

soulbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
summer02 said:

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow, finally som1 that has encountered the same problem.
SoulBad, what do u think will fix this problem cuz i kinda tried everything and i really wana play =[
P.S does ur game still freeze or did u manage to find a way to fix it?

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
also a bunch of the dialogue, in the first town is yet to be translated along with item descriptions, but yeah that's not a bug.
Haven't gotten to Mr. Pokemon yet, but i'll update when i can

soulbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
summer02 said:
wow, finally som1 that has encountered the same problem.
SoulBad, what do u think will fix this problem cuz i kinda tried everything and i really wana play =[
P.S does ur game still freeze or did u manage to find a way to fix it?
Looks like replacing the ARM 7 file fixes the problem.

GSR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a word of advice to anyone having trouble patching: If nothing happens, add the .patch extension to the patch file before patching. Otherwise, Xdelta will close due to being unable to recognize the patch.

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't know if it's a bug or not, but, when you receive an item before the "pocket" phrase, the pocket image doesn't appear. Also, there are some bugs with some items and their names. I got a Phrase like this:

Kris received Kriss ( something weird like that ).

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it still doesnt solve the pokegear freezing issue >.<
ok this is what i did. I patched the clean ROM with wataru's v3 patch. Then i unpacked it and replaced the arm7 file with the one that was provided in the download file you gave me. I tested it and it still froze whenever i tried to use the pokegear. Is there anything that im doing wrong?

mosaic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
summer02 said:
ok this is what i did. I patched the clean ROM with wataru's v3 patch. Then i unpacked it and replaced the arm7 file with the one that was provided in the download file you gave me. I tested it and it still froze whenever i tried to use the pokegear. Is there anything that im doing wrong?

Try doing the arm7 patch first then apply the translation patch
smile.gif

soulbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
summer02 said:
You did repack the ROM after replacing the ARM 7 file right? When repacking the ROM it'll ask you for a save location, make sure you pick the file that is made when you repack it.

If this doesn't work then I'm out of ideas, those are all of the fixes I've heard of.

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did it work for you? as in the pokegear freezing stopped?
oh, and is the arm7 the one where u first click the folder, or the one where u have to go inside the NDS_UNPACK folder?

@mosaic: if i switch the arm7 files, then the patching wont work because its not clean/untrimmed anymore (goes from 128mb to 122mb). AND i cant find an exact copy of rudolphs fix patch. IF you could, could you please provide the link to rudolphs fix =D?

@soulbad: yes i repacked it and overwrote the file with the same name (the same file i unpacked). I tested it and still it froze when i chose the pokegear

soulbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
summer02 said:
did it work for you? as in the pokegear freezing stopped?
oh, and is the arm7 the one where u first click the folder, or the one where u have to go inside the NDS_UNPACK folder?
Yep, it worked for me, Pokegear stopped freezing, and I can even call Prof. Oak from it.

It's the one where you first click the folder, the NDS_UNPACK folder contains the contents of the ROM that was last unpacked, as it's name would lead you to believe. In other words, the one inside the NDS_UNPACK folder is the original ARM 7 file.

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so heres the steps i followed. Could you please read it and see if im doing everything right?

1. Patch the clean soul silver ROM with Wataru's translation patch. The reason i did this was because if i swapped the arm7 files first, it is no longer clean and the patch file would only end up at 0 bytes.
2. I opened dslazy and unpacked the now patched soul silver ROM
3. Then I copied the arm7 file that was located in the download you provided.( as soon as you open the folder, you see the dslazy folder and the arm7 file. I copied that one)
4. I went into the NDS_UNPACK folder that appeared once I unpacked the patched soul silver ROM and over wrote (pasted) the arm7 file with the previously copied one in step 3.
5. I repacked the ROM and over wrote the same file in which i unpacked in the first place
6. Put it on my M3 real and tested it.
7. Same results =[ pokegear still freezing

Hopefully this is clear xP

soulbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, you're doing everything the same way I did, except you're overwriting the old rom when creating a new one, which really shouldn't make a difference.

I really can't think of anything else, sorry I couldn't be of any more help.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/7sqwbGI-ZcM?si=73M_qQxgKt3zoifl +2