mosaic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@summer02

Try applying Rudolph's Fix first then apply Magnius's translation patch. The game ID actually doesn't change when applying Rudolph's Fix
smile.gif

Did this on v1 but on the releases after that.. I didn't bother applying the fix as the game no longer freezes. I guess the fix is already included?

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if the fix is alrdy included in the v3 patch, then why does my game still freeze whenever i try and save >.

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok sry for taking up ur time =[
and thanks for helping me =D
i hope i can figure this out by tomorrow >.

ohsnapkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mosaic said:
ohsnapkid said:
Framework 2.0 yields the same result "xDelta GUI has encountered a problem and must close..."

UGH, lol. Running Windows on a Mac ain't perfect but this is unbelievably annoying. I just want to play, I'm not asking much.

Last.. try removing all frameworks and do a registry clean up. And then install 2.0 (at least) or go for 3.5 SP1. I can't offer anymore suggestions. Sorry for the hassle.

Great suggestion, now I can actually open xDelta GUI!

However, when I hit Apply Patch nothing happens. I understand it's not supposed to be instant but once I hit the button it just seems like nothing is going on.

mosaic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ohsnapkid said:
mosaic said:
ohsnapkid said:
Framework 2.0 yields the same result "xDelta GUI has encountered a problem and must close..."

UGH, lol. Running Windows on a Mac ain't perfect but this is unbelievably annoying. I just want to play, I'm not asking much.

Last.. try removing all frameworks and do a registry clean up. And then install 2.0 (at least) or go for 3.5 SP1. I can't offer anymore suggestions. Sorry for the hassle.

Great suggestion, now I can actually open xDelta GUI!

However, when I hit Apply Patch nothing happens. I understand it's not supposed to be instant but once I hit the button it just seems like nothing is going on.

Extract Magnius's SS Patch
Copy/Cut and Paste SS ROM into the same folder as Magnius's Patch
Execute xDelta GUI.exe
Click on Select Patch and choose appropriate patch for your HG/SS ROM
Click on Select ROM and choose the Rudolf Fixed HG/SS ROM
Wait and be patient.

Uhmm.. A new file should be created inside the Magnius's Patch folder with it's name the same as the SS ROM to begin with except having the word "patched" added to it. So if you started with SS.nds, the newly created file will be something like SS_patched.nds? Like what WataruKun said, the file size of the patched room should be smaller than the original.

Fo0d2Go

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
hey my question is that at the beginning, when you first meet mr. pokemon aka the apricon guy. is he supposed to be talking in jap in V3? because wataru said that he is translated in the new patch
QUOTEOnly if you run past the house and he stops you. If you go into his house and talk to him it is still untranslated.
Okay, thanks for your answer. Keep up your good work!
smile.gif

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
i've had a run through the game with v3 and i see a lot have been translated
especially dialogues that help with the game's progress.

(gamefreak removed the berry system???
frown.gif
)

anyway, i saw some translation errors and some dialogues you didn't bother (because they're useless anyway) to translate..

when receiving items, weird characters appear. i also read a
"ATLAS PUT THE ATLAS IN THE POCKET!"

when in instruction menus.
in pokemon centers, most of the dialogue by other NPC aren't translated yet.
the spinning guy in Violet town, beside the pokecenter.
save menu.
status inflicted like poison or sleep.

The current version is good though, keep it up! THanks for this! take your time!

shadeselfen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just been reading the last few pages, gotta say i can see where wataru is/was coming from.

(and yes, i know i have less then 10 posts
unsure.gif
)

people are commenting on Wataru being rude, while true, is also within reason, consider this, you spend 5 days writing a report, then your douche neighbor takes a piss on it.... i know if i was in Wataru's shoes and be pretty annoyed by newcomers asking questions that have been asked 100 pages ago, trolls/derailers, and just outright abuse.

Wataru, while you have chewed me out before, i atleast understood your reasoning, and regardless of that i want to tell you that the work you are doing is appreciated by most of us.

having got that off my chest, how far are you hoping/planning to get for the next patch?

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
summer02 said:
Dimmidice, thanks for ur help into lookin for firmware for my M3 real =D. What do u think the problem is? cuz i remember looking through this thread b4 it was 100 pages, and i found that you need to change the Game ID of the ROM or somthing. Not sure but maybe thats why it keeps freezing?

as far as the game id goes its not related to the freezing of the game it only doesn't allow you to access the cheats that you have in your flashcart. Also i have checked that the anti freeze code in the cheats doesn't seem to help in solving the issue(in my case(I'm on R4 with YSMenu)).

I'm currently only on the 1st version as my .net framework has decided to crash everytime i try to access XDeltaGUI, gonna be getting my comp fixed till then i have to keep on saving enumerable times both on HG&SS(max time played without freeze 15mins).

on a side note man the pages just seemed to have jumped from 125 to 146 in the last 24 hours that i wasn't on, luckily 2 or 3 beta patches weren't released
tongue.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, holy crap I can't believe this thread went that long without nothing being said.

The trolling and intentional thread derailment ends here and now. Warnings are being handed out, don't give yourself one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol