Hacking M3i Zero not working!

wolfswift

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an M3i Zero a while back, got it working, played it for a while. But sometimes the DSi didn't register there being any game in the slot... Usually I'd restart it and it'd be fine. But now it never sees my M3i Zero... I had the old 1.3 version, and just hadn't updated my DSi to 1.4, I heard M3 came out with a 1.4 version, but heard complaints about a "danny card" and such. Sounded silly, and I didn't feel like updating anyway. But now it's not working, so I tried updating, but it doesn't seem to have worked... I am thinking I probably tried the wrong files... I used M3 iSakuReal v1.7, which I don't know if I should have... But I can't find what the latest version of M3i Sakura is... It may be another problem than firmware, but I don't know... Anyone can help me?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sakura - M3 Sakura thread - (top one in the stickies)

Not registered - paper shim, need to put a folded piece oif paper or thin card to push the contacts together - this is very common

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you have to do a hard updat not just a diffrent firmware you much get the f_core then plug it in
smile.gif

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To update your card to a "dannycart":
get the F_CORE.DAT in the Sakara FAQ that is stickied, put it in the root and use the cable that came with your device to flash it. It'll be done when the LED stops blinking.

To get your cart to be recognized:
What may be happening, as suggested by others, is that the contacts on the cart are not meeting the DS, because they're worn out a bit. You can fix this by taking a piece of paper and taping it to the label side.

wolfswift

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The paper thing isn't working. I got the new F_CORE.DAT and tried to flash, but the light stayed red... I'm trying to find where this thing about the contacts not meeting the DS and finding that the M3i is apparently poorly built and doesn't fit properly and thus why it doesn't work properly... I'm assuming this is less wear and more faulty flash cart now... I can't even gimp it to work now... Jeez... is acekard or r4 a better flash cart then?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
wolfswift said:
I'm trying to find where this thing about the contacts not meeting the DS and finding that the M3i is apparently poorly built and doesn't fit properly and thus why it doesn't work properly... I'm assuming this is less wear and more faulty flash cart now...... is acekard or r4 a better flash cart then?
Don't know about the R4 - but I've had same 'contact problems' with an Ak2i & a DSLite, but not with the M3i0 (Yet)

- I had actually broke the casing open & placed a thin bit of card behind JUST the contacts part of the AK2i -
After trying it out on DSLite a few time I then glued the casing back together,

It's worked more reliably since then although it does still freeze occasionally on 'health screen' - just not as often as before

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM