Hacking iSakuREAL 1.7 for M3Real

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
M3 iSakuReal v1.7 (8-25-09) updated by dsrules

M3/G6 English Firmware v4.3i X (TouchPod)
iTouchDS English Loader v3.2E Enhanced with English, French, German, and Italian
Unofficial M3 Sakura Region-Free v1.12+a (English) with Sakura 1.41 game engine
Narin's CHEAT.db (8-20-09)

This is my update to M3 iSakuReal 1.12+a (English) with the latest iTouch 3.2E and Touchpod 4.3i X firmwares.

Hold Y at boot up or launch defaulty.nds at anytime for iTouch firmware
Hold X at boot up or launch defaultx.nds at anytime for Touchpod firmware

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6780

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
im kinda new, so this will work with M30i? and this is like three firmwares right, the default m3 firmwares plus the iTouch firmware?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Flame™ said:
im kinda new, so this will work with M30i? and this is like three firmwares right, the default m3 firmwares plus the iTouch firmware?

Yes, for sure. You try that.

QUOTE(kenio8185 @ Aug 25 2009, 06:19 PM) What is Itouch and touchpad?

iTouch DS firmware is not only for iTouch DS and iTouch 2, but also in iSakuReal. TouchPad is the official firmware of M3 Real/M3i Zero.

kenio8185

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
antonkan said:
Flame™ said:

Yes, for sure. You try that.

QUOTE(kenio8185 @ Aug 25 2009, 06:19 PM) What is Itouch and touchpad?

iTouch DS firmware is not only for iTouch DS and iTouch 2, but also in iSakuReal. TouchPad is the official firmware of M3 Real/M3i Zero.
which one do you recommend?

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Oh sweet, time to update my Chinese cart. It's best to use the Sakura firmware and use iTouch (because of its clearer GUI) to load homebrew. You can also use the Touchpod firmware for GBA NDS linkage.

To those who might not understand why this is being updated, it is really good for Chinese M3 Real carts (Cant support official english). Though I have both o:

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
PettingZoo, didn't you try to change the language files from the European release to get official English using the chinese version of Sakura 1.41?
Doesn't it solve the problem?

I mean something like this:

1.Extract / install the European Sakura 1.41 on your PC

2.Extract / install the Asian Sakura 1.41 on your PC

3.Go to "%ProgramFiles%\GBalpha\M3 SAKURA V1.41 European (GAME PATCH V4.3i)\SYSTEM\m3sakura\language\" folder if you used the installer (or "other folder\SYSTEM\m3sakura\language\", if you used to change the path or just has an archive to extract).
rename the files "chrglyph.000" --> "chrglyph.936" and "messages.000" --> "messages.936".

4.Open the "messages.936" file using NotePad (or any other text editor you like).
Find the line "LCS_Title=Language Setting"
You should change here some text:
"LCS_English=English" --> "LCS_GBK=English"
"LCS_French=Français" --> "LCS_BIG5=Traditional Chinese"
"LCS_German=Deutsch" --> "LCS_KO=Korean"
"LCS_Italian=Italiano" --> Delete the line
"LCS_Spanish=Español" --> Delete the line
"LCS_Portuguese=Português(BR)" --> Delete the line
"LCS_Netherland=Dutch" --> Delete the line
"LCS_Russian=Russian" --> Delete the line

The result will be:
Code:
; ----------------------------

LCS_Title=Language Setting

LCS_GBK=English
LCS_BIG5=Traditional Chinese
LCS_KO=Korean

Save the file as "utf-8 text document" (I recommended NotePad, because it doesn't change the encoding of the file, so you just have to use "Save" button without any worries))

5.Copy "chrglyph.936" and "messages.936" files you've created FROM "%ProgramFiles%\GBalpha\M3 SAKURA V1.41 European (GAME PATCH V4.3i)\SYSTEM\m3sakura\language\" into "%ProgramFiles%\GBalpha\M3 SAKURA V1.41 Chinese+Korean (GAME PATCH V4.3i)\SYSTEM\m3sakura\language\" folder (Replacing the old files. I use here the default path, where M3Sakura Asian Installer suggests to install Sakura).

6.Delete old "SYSTEM" folder from your Flash card.

7.Copy the "%ProgramFiles%\GBalpha\M3 SAKURA V1.41 Chinese+Korean (GAME PATCH V4.3i)\SYSTEM\" folder to your flash card.

8.Enjoy Sakura 1.41 with Official English language
wink.gif

Note: I'm almost sure, that other languages (I mean, Traditional Chinese and Korean) won't work properly (you'll see some unknown symbols instead of correct ones). Also, file-names that are written in Japanese, Chinese, Korean won't be displayed correctly, but still..
happy.gif

Let me know whether this solution helped or not
wink.gif

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sakura 1.12a has been discontinued since the end of last year, that means alot of newer games came out after that is non-playable on Sakura 1.12a but, this update will make it run all those non-playable games as they were being run in Sakura 1.41

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mc_B3oWoLF said:
PettingZoo, didn't you try to change the language files from the European release to get official English using the chinese version of Sakura 1.41?
Doesn't it solve the problem?

I mean something like this:

1.Extract / install the European Sakura 1.41 on your PC

2.Extract / install the Asian Sakura 1.41 on your PC

3.Go to "%ProgramFiles%\GBalpha\M3 SAKURA V1.41 European (GAME PATCH V4.3i)\SYSTEM\m3sakura\language\" folder if you used the installer (or "other folder\SYSTEM\m3sakura\language\", if you used to change the path or just has an archive to extract).
rename the files "chrglyph.000" --> "chrglyph.936" and "messages.000" --> "messages.936".

4.Open the "messages.936" file using NotePad (or any other text editor you like).
Find the line "LCS_Title=Language Setting"
You should change here some text:
"LCS_English=English" --> "LCS_GBK=English"
"LCS_French=Français" --> "LCS_BIG5=Traditional Chinese"
"LCS_German=Deutsch" --> "LCS_KO=Korean"
"LCS_Italian=Italiano" --> Delete the line
"LCS_Spanish=Español" --> Delete the line
"LCS_Portuguese=Português(BR)" --> Delete the line
"LCS_Netherland=Dutch" --> Delete the line
"LCS_Russian=Russian" --> Delete the line

The result will be:
Code:

LCS_Title=Language Setting

LCS_GBK=English
LCS_BIG5=Traditional Chinese
LCS_KO=Korean

Save the file as "utf-8 text document" (I recommended NotePad, because it doesn't change the encoding of the file, so you just have to use "Save" button without any worries))

5.Copy "chrglyph.936" and "messages.936" files you've created FROM "%ProgramFiles%\GBalpha\M3 SAKURA V1.41 European (GAME PATCH V4.3i)\SYSTEM\m3sakura\language\" into "%ProgramFiles%\GBalpha\M3 SAKURA V1.41 Chinese+Korean (GAME PATCH V4.3i)\SYSTEM\m3sakura\language\" folder (Replacing the old files. I use here the default path, where M3Sakura Asian Installer suggests to install Sakura).

6.Delete old "SYSTEM" folder from your Flash card.

7.Copy the "%ProgramFiles%\GBalpha\M3 SAKURA V1.41 Chinese+Korean (GAME PATCH V4.3i)\SYSTEM\" folder to your flash card.

8.Enjoy Sakura 1.41 with Official English language
wink.gif

Note: I'm almost sure, that other languages (I mean, Traditional Chinese and Korean) won't work properly (you'll see some unknown symbols instead of correct ones). Also, file-names that are written in Japanese, Chinese, Korean won't be displayed correctly, but still..
happy.gif

Let me know whether this solution helped or not
wink.gif
i might try that as soon as i get home next week and try out my brand new M3i0 with my 16GB MicroSD

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dsrules said:
Sakura 1.12a has been discontinued since the end of last year, that means alot of newer games came out after that is non-playable on Sakura 1.12a but, this update will make it run all those non-playable games as they were being run in Sakura 1.41

Actually I tested it. Every game is broken.

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wow!!! you actually tested all 4125 games out there? how long did it took you???
btw, you mean they are broken in the old Sakura 1.12a or the Sakura 1.12a with 1.41 game engine?

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dsrules said:
wow!!! you actually tested all 4125 games out there? how long did it took you???
btw, you mean they are broken in the old Sakura 1.12a or the Sakura 1.12a with 1.41 game engine?

Sorry, my bad, the games I played start off with a white background and take ages to start xD

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zantom07 said:
dsrules said:

Sorry, my bad, the games I played start off with a white background and take ages to start xD
that does not answer the question. 1.12a or 1.12a with 1.41 engine?

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gameguy95 said:
Zantom07 said:
dsrules said:

that does not answer the question. 1.12a or 1.12a with 1.41 engine?

It was with the 1.41 engine. I played Mario VS Donkey Kong 2, but I have a bad dump which gives ages of white screens before it starts. I got impatient and blamed my newly installed 1.7 iSakuReal. Sorry dsrules for the doubt.

EDIT:
Also curious to know if the iTouch firmware has Narin's latest?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER