zbelac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I recently received a M3i zero!
The Sakura interface is very fluid ... but when I lauch a rom, it is just the opposite.
Within 5 Roms I tried (Scribblenauts, pokemon heartgold, yu-gi-oh 2010, contra 4 and megaman zx) it has constant delays that disturb the gameplay.

Am I the only one to whom it happens?
Is it because of my microsd? (Topram 16GB Class 4)

PS: I have the latest version of sakura (1.48 I think)

Sorry for my bad english.

zbelac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your response.

The slow motion is not on.
I think I gonna try to format it like Goli said but do I use de windows default formating system?

zbelac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only have 5 games now so i don't think it's gonna change a lot of things if i regroup them in different folder!

And I tried to format with panasonic sd formatter and it changed nothing!

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3i Zero is one of the bad carts. Its also because of your microSD its bad. I recently also bought a 4GB microSD and all those games lagged on it as well.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
M3i Zero is one of the bad carts. Its also because of your microSD its bad. I recently also bought a 4GB microSD and all those games lagged on it as well.

What a load of rubbish - there is nothing wrong with the M3 when playing games!!

It is more than likely your SD card, I use a Sandisk 16GB Class 2 - all the games you listed work fine, no lag at all. So it is not the size of the SD card - when putting roms in a folder the limitation is 256 roms per folder so 5 games is hardly going to be the issue.

Try it with a differnet micro SD (pref. Sandisk) and try again

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a 8GB A-Data class 6 which works perfectly with M3DS Real, but you may want to search for a thread with reports on how some SD cards don't work with M3i, because I know there is one famous brand which doesn't work with it. So be careful not to buy that one, or you'll need to buy a new SD card again.

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jakob95 said:
If the M3i Zero is one of the bad cards, then why did the reviewers of GBAtemp give it a silver award? Please, think before you speak so you won't make a fool of yourself again.

zbelac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks everyone!

I think the M3i Zero is a very good cart and I blame my 16gb Topram.

I gonna buy another micro sd just for games. Which brand, size and class of micro sd is recommended for the best speed possible in game?

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would like to know that too. I also own a M3i Zero and in GTA: Chinatown Wars I experienced some annoying game delays.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 M3 Real's(Basically the Same as M3i) all with 4GB class 6 adata cards and I've never had a problem with any games lagging, I've tried all the castlevania games, GTA Etc. You really ought to have a class 6 card for playing games, though some people have experienced no problems on class 2 or class 4 I stayed on the safe side with a class 6, plus I got my cards for really cheap too, about the same price or less than a comparable class 2 or 4! It could very well be the size of the microsd card that is slowing the games down(I honestly don't know why it would do that as the m3's info states it can handle up to 32GB cards) or maybe just a cheap quality card.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kamika said:
Jakob95 said:
If the M3i Zero is one of the bad cards, then why did the reviewers of GBAtemp give it a silver award? Please, think before you speak so you won't make a fool of yourself again.
Maybe because that review was made a long time ago. And the person who made the review said it himself to me that he didn't even want to give the cart that rank because he hated it, he just gave it the rank because during that time the M3 was hyped a lot. Another thing I speak from experience and I know that the M3 team are lazy they make half-ass releases that do not fix the game that they say that they fixed. RTS support on the M3 is BS because it barely works on new games and it always freezes.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see some trolling in this thread

anyway I speak of my own m3 real
everything for the most part has worked fine for me
Ive had it for 2 and a half years and never had any lag
Ive used a 4GB kingston and a 8GB sandisk, both have worked fine

but as the op mentioned he bought some company called topram (never heard of them before) if you buy crappy media just to save a few $ then your games are gonna suffer

as for other features RTS has always worked fine for me, just yoshi's island gave me a few problems
if your gonna come in this section and rant about how bad the card is, bad features, and call the gbatemp reviews into question on top of that
just gtfo and take your precious supercard with you

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I'm pretty sure you misunderstood something because if that is true it throws the integrity of the entirety of the GBATemp review collection into jeopardy. There is no way they'd just hand over a rank because of hype. Not to mention the many MANY other reviewers out there that gave it high regards including myself. It's not all a scheme to sell M3i Zero's or fuel the hype.
I meant the opinion of the guy that made the review didn't like it himself. But he saw that others liked it(the time when it was hyped so much) that is why he give it a Silver reward just because the other users liked it. Doesn't really mater about the review anymore because its old, after that review the M3 team got bad they started to make half-ass releases. Let me ask you one thing did they fix Pokemon SoulSilver 100%? Did they fix Alive in Wonderland so you can attack?

zbelac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RchUncleSkeleton said:
I have 3 M3 Real's(Basically the Same as M3i) all with 4GB class 6 adata cards and I've never had a problem with any games lagging, I've tried all the castlevania games, GTA Etc. You really ought to have a class 6 card for playing games, though some people have experienced no problems on class 2 or class 4 I stayed on the safe side with a class 6, plus I got my cards for really cheap too, about the same price or less than a comparable class 2 or 4! It could very well be the size of the microsd card that is slowing the games down(I honestly don't know why it would do that as the m3's info states it can handle up to 32GB cards) or maybe just a cheap quality card.

Where can I buy a sandisk or kingston 4g micro sd class 6 for a good price? (~20$)

I tried my Topram micro sd on the supercard of my friend and it works well... I think the m3i zero just don't like Topram in games ^^

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For good prices on microsd cards try newegg.com or meritline.com , also buy.com has good deals sometimes. You can buy kingston or sandisk all you want but I'm guessing unless the card is class 6 or it says made in japan on the card it probably wont help much. Having my experience with my Adata cards I would suggest getting one, you can get an 8GB Adata class 6 card for around $17.

Not sure why there would be a difference in performance on the supercard but maybe the firmware is less of a hog on the system?

zbelac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also tried the 8g sandisk class 2 of my friend on my m3i zero and it worked like a charm....

I just bought a 8g Kingston Class 4 and I think it gonna be ok now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo