PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...just tried it using that, and still nothing.

Yeah, tried that also. But it still said that all files were already there and cancelled import.

Which, by the way, FBI said the same thing -- file already exists, import cancelled.
Try updating FBI. Launch FBI, scroll down, and hit Update. If that doesn't work, we need to make sure your TWL_FIRM isn't broken. Try installing DSiWare and launching it. If that works, try a different game card.

ArkhamK27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes of course

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I posted before that I tried to repair my nds files by using the option "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules"
But my 3ds got a black screen every time I used it
THE PROBLEM IS that now, even if I don not use that option in luma 3ds, my console will still get a black screen.
Is my NAND corrupted?
(I am a rookie btw)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try updating FBI. Launch FBI, scroll down, and hit Update. If that doesn't work, we need to make sure your TWL_FIRM isn't broken. Try installing DSiWare and launching it. If that works, try a different game card.

Okay...tried what you said in order to update FBI, but I don't see an option in there.

And I imported Antipole (DSiWare game) and tried to boot it, but same thing -- auto-shutdown of the 3DS.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Okay...tried what you said in order to update FBI, but I don't see an option in there.

And I imported Antipole (DSiWare game) and tried to boot it, but same thing -- auto-shutdown of the 3DS.
Hmm... There SHOULD be an update function. It's below Remote Install.

From what you said, it sounds like your TWL_FIRM is broken. The only way to fix it is to follow this troubleshooting guide. https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#twl_broken

Last edited by PrincessLillie,

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... There SHOULD be an update function. It's below Remote Install.

From what you said, it sounds like your TWL_FIRM is broken. The only way to fix it is to follow this troubleshooting guide. https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#twl_broken

Ah, I see. So, is there a way to perhaps go in and manually delete the existing files? Because like I said, it's telling me that each of those files already exists, and FBI isn't deleting them when I try to import the fresh files.

UPDATE:

Okay, got it fixed. Evidently, my version of FBI was really, really, REALLY outdated -- 1.4.7 (I think it said). Manually imported the latest fbi.cia and imported the five files on that help link and voila', it's up and running!

Thank you for the help!

Last edited by GeekyGuy,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. So, is there a way to perhaps go in and manually delete the existing files? Because like I said, it's telling me that each of those files already exists, and FBI isn't deleting them when I try to import the fresh files.

UPDATE:

Okay, got it fixed. Evidently, my version of FBI was really, really, REALLY outdated -- 1.4.7 (I think it said). Manually imported the latest fbi.cia and imported the five files on that help link and voila', it's up and running!

Thank you for the help!
WOW. That's old. WHERE DID YOU EVEN GET 1.4.7???
Anyways, glad I could help!

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just to point something out. In future, if there's anything we can do to help with things not working. The best things that should be answered to questions, is "Can you please run a diagnosis and upload the files to me?", and also ask "Can you please show me what version number your FBI/Luma3DS is?". These are the key things that should actually be asked. By doing a diagnosis, you're finding out what is causing the problem.

Otherwise if anyone answers "Try using [program name]", it leads to a potential in either damaging system files or something like that, because you're just trying something, without knowing what the cause of the problem is. And I've actually learned that quite some time ago with Operating Systems, the 3DS is no exception to that. ^^'

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

ArkhamK27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I am about to solve my brick but
Does anyone has the download link for CTRNand transfer 9.2?
That is the only thing I need
Thanks

DB2293

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone, i wanted to know if it was possible to somehow transfer my saves from Emu 9.2 to Luma?
Today i just found out that i still had my old saves when i was accidentally in Emu 9.2.
But the thing is also, whenever i am in Emu, i cant see my saves that are on Luma.

DB2293

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I planning to install luma3ds for the second time (3DS wouldn't turn without the SD Card), so my question is how do i make my old savedata reappear on my N3DS? The first time installing luma, it couldnt see my savedat so i just assumed that everything got deleted.
But today after i accidentally booted in Emu 9.2, they reappeared again but only in Emu and not Luma.
So basically the save is there it just cant see or read it.

Last edited by DB2293,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I planning to install luma3ds for the second time (3DS wouldn't turn without the SD Card), so my question is how do i make my old savedata reappear on my N3DS? The first time installing luma, it couldnt see my savedat so i just assumed that everything got deleted.
But today after i accidentally booted in Emu 9.2, they reappeared again but only in Emu and not Luma.
So basically the save is there it just cant see or read it.
3DS not turning on without SD card is normal if you don't have arm9loaderhax.bin in your CTRNAND.
1. Update your a9lh. https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
2. Copy Luma3DS to CTRNAND. https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax Follow
Section IX - CTRNAND Luma3DS.
This will let you boot your 3DS without SD card in it.

You have an EmuNAND that you don't use anymore. For whatever reason, you didn't transfer your EmuNAND to sysNAND. If you do this now, you'll lose all the saves and things in sysNAND. If you still want to do it, https://3ds.guide/move-emunand will show you how.
If you just want the saves, install JKSM and backup your save. Either in sysNAND, EmuNAND, or both.
JKSM thread. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
Latest JKSM. https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM
Just install the CIA, export Saves, ExtData, or both. Depending on the game, they use one or the other or both.
If you decide to keep your sysNAND and just copy the saves from your EmuNAND, after you exported all your saves, backup your EmuNAND and sysNAND using Hourglass9, Decrypt9, or GodMode9. Copy EVERYTHING to your PC. Format SD card with GodMode9 without EmuNAND. Copy all the files from your SD card back from PC. You don't need to copy your sysNAND and EmuNAND backup with the sha files. Keep them somewhere safe like on Google Drive, Mega, One Drive, etc. Also your OTP. bin.

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo, I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to CFW so you'll have to try to bare with me as I try and explain my issue and hopefully we can come to a resolution.

First off, I am currently using Luma 11.2 and a Gateway. I realize that updating my firmware to 11.3 will break the Gateway so I have not done so. However, when I was just using my gateway and nothing else (before CFWs were a thing) I was able to use an Emunand function that could go to any version of firmware I wanted while keeping my base firmware at 4.5. So I tried messing around with Luma's EmuNAND changing the style to see if it saved the style for one NAND differently than the other. I am just unable to see any difference between an EmuNAND vs SysNAND. I have no idea how to tell if I am on an EmuNAND. The only difference I can see is one says sys and one says ver. I assume the ver is the one I am supposed to update, but I think that updated my SysNand last time I updated it.

TL;DR
Anyway, once I am on an EmuNAND, am I able to update to 11.3 and keep my SysNAND 11.2 for my Gateway? That's the main question out of all of this, I'd just like to be educated to this point so I have an idea of the ongiongs of the hardware/software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry I'm new to the whole ordeal.

Oh! Also, how would I go about turning my legit .3dz files to .cia while keeping all of the private header information, or do I even need the private header information anymore?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo, I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to CFW so you'll have to try to bare with me as I try and explain my issue and hopefully we can come to a resolution.

First off, I am currently using Luma 11.2 and a Gateway. I realize that updating my firmware to 11.3 will break the Gateway so I have not done so. However, when I was just using my gateway and nothing else (before CFWs were a thing) I was able to use an Emunand function that could go to any version of firmware I wanted while keeping my base firmware at 4.5. So I tried messing around with Luma's EmuNAND changing the style to see if it saved the style for one NAND differently than the other. I am just unable to see any difference between an EmuNAND vs SysNAND. I have no idea how to tell if I am on an EmuNAND. The only difference I can see is one says sys and one says ver. I assume the ver is the one I am supposed to update, but I think that updated my SysNand last time I updated it.

TL;DR
Anyway, once I am on an EmuNAND, am I able to update to 11.3 and keep my SysNAND 11.2 for my Gateway? That's the main question out of all of this, I'd just like to be educated to this point so I have an idea of the ongiongs of the hardware/software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry I'm new to the whole ordeal.

Oh! Also, how would I go about turning my legit .3dz files to .cia while keeping all of the private header information, or do I even need the private header information anymore?
Press select, and make sure your config has: "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" - If you are booting into EmuNAND with Luma3DS, it will say Emu. If you are booting into SysNAND with Luma3DS, it will say Sys.

On a SysNAND-Only Setup, booting GW Mode, it will just say Ver. If you have an EmuNAND, GW Mode will automatically try to boot EmuNAND first, and it will say GW3D.

Your best solution is to setup a GW EmuNAND and using that for GW. Since GW will always prioritize EmuNAND over SysNAND.

Reactions: Doeetright
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.