Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Correct me if I am wrong, but someone said that gba vc injection doesn't work and it's a Luma problem. It must be the new update meddling with the CFW.
Edit: I guess it works now?(or maybe the problem didn't even exist in the first place)

Last edited by SnakeOil992,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I am wrong, but someone said that gba vc injection doesn't work and it's a Luma problem. It must be the new update meddling with the CFW.
Edit: I guess it works now?(or maybe the problem didn't even exist in the first place)
The problem never existed.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what, if anythng actually breaks under Luma if i update sysnand to 11.4?

I've heard that reboot patches dont' work, and that this breaks DS support.

i've also heard that homebrew launcher is broken.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
So what, if anythng actually breaks under Luma if i update sysnand to 11.4?

I've heard that reboot patches dont' work, and that this breaks DS support.

i've also heard that homebrew launcher is broken.
Hmm... http://www.n3ds.info/ doesn't say anything about TWL_FIRM being broken.
Anyways, GBA VC is also broken, NTR needs an update (as usual), SoundHax was patched, and the new UDSploit was patched. Homebrew Launcher was fixed on new3DS ONLY, not old3DS (yet).

Reactions: peteruk

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reboot patches appear to actually be working on the latest nightly and stable. So it seems that only some reboot patches were effected by this update.
So like 11.3, just don't update until everything is working

Reactions: daxtsu

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... http://www.n3ds.info/ doesn't say anything about TWL_FIRM being broken.
Anyways, GBA VC is also broken, NTR needs an update (as usual), SoundHax was patched, and the new UDSploit was patched. Homebrew Launcher was fixed on new3DS ONLY, not old3DS (yet).

Has anyone tried injecting 11.3 partitions responsible for GBA and DSI on 11.4 yet?

Edit: Tried that... epic fail:)

Last edited by democracy,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Speaking of. What is reboot patches?
Reboot patches are basically used for different things, but ultimately act the same. For the old3DS, they basically allow the signature patches from the CFW to exist when the system reboots to launch HMM games. This reboot is done to basically shutdown some the background functions like the web browser, so they can allocate more resources to the game. This is why games like Smash, MH, and Pokemon take so much longer to boot into the game, take forever to return to menu, and reboot when closing the game.
They also act as a way to reboot the system into the different mode, such as rebooting the system for TWL and AGB. Which also reboots the system when those are closed in order to return to the homemenu.
Basically these patches are used to patch those 3 different modes, survive booting into them, and survive booting out of them.
The new update is only working on the old 3ds. If I update my new 3DS Luma will not start ?
It will start, just GBA/DS(i) games won't work.

Last edited by The Catboy,

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
Reboot patches are basically used for different things, but ultimately act the same. For the old3DS, they basically allow the signature patches from the CFW to exist when the system reboots to launch HMH games. This reboot is done to basically shutdown some the background functions like the web browser, so they can allocate more resources to the game. This is why games like Smash, MH, and Pokemon take so much longer to boot into the system, take forever to return to menu, and reboot when closing the system.
They also act as a way to reboot the system into the different mode, such as rebooting the system for TWL and AGB. Which also reboots the system when those are closed in order to return to the homemenu.
Basically they patches are used to patch those 3 different modes, survive booting into them, and survive booting out of them.

Thanks for the detailed answer. The more you know.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure other people have given their crash dumps, but I can always reupdate to grab more if necessary.

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Reboot patches are basically used for different things, but ultimately act the same. For the old3DS, they basically allow the signature patches from the CFW to exist when the system reboots to launch HMH games. This reboot is done to basically shutdown some the background functions like the web browser, so they can allocate more resources to the game. This is why games like Smash, MH, and Pokemon take so much longer to boot into the system, take forever to return to menu, and reboot when closing the system.
Basically they patches are used to patch those 3 different modes, survive booting into them, and survive booting out of them.

Could that be the cause of the shuttering issues that 11.3 introduced that are fixed in 11.4 which may be responsible for breaking reboot patches I assume? I could be wrong.
Luckily, I have a NAND backup of 11.3 I can revert my N3DSes back to 11.3 if I want, or wait until next nightly fix for reboot patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ