Reactions: Xenosaiga

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use StarUpdater because it has a CIA version

Forgot to say I'm using this CIA build of Hamcha's updater: http://3ds.intherack.com/files/lumaupdate_1.2.0.cia
I was using a third LumaUpdater (probably the one StarUpdater is a fork of) when I first installed A9LH back in march.
Then I was helping my friend to get into A9LH, and found this link to the CIA on Plailect's guide.

hamcha's is the one that had the dev build issue thats why i stay far away from it. star doesnt and never did(it was made because of that issue). astro is also very good at adding stuff people ask for.

Hm, never experienced this issue. Will have both installed just for sure.

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
hamcha's is the one that had the dev build issue thats why i stay far away from it. star doesnt and never did(it was made because of that issue). astro is also very good at adding stuff people ask for.
Yep I just checked in the guide I think Pailect linked hamcha's updater. Gonna switch to Astro's next time I turn on the N3DS

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using AuReiNAND cfw cause I was told that it was the best to use with arm9loader. Now I'm reading numerous posts in other topics about this Luma3DS. Is there any advantages this offers over AuReiNAND or should I stick with what I got?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've been using AuReiNAND cfw cause I was told that it was the best to use with arm9loader. Now I'm reading numerous posts in other topics about this Luma3DS. Is there any advantages this offers over AuReiNAND or should I stick with what I got?
This is AuReiNAND, she just changed the name. But Luma has updated codes, all features such as firmware.bin, GBA/DS(i), region-free, ect built directly into the launcher now, more user-friendly menu, ect. It's just an updated AuReiNAND.

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
as long as i don't go stupid... that's gonna be tough.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks! would you suggest luma? i saw the installation guide and since it can be used with cboot(instead of a9lh so i can't screw my 3ds) which one do you think it's better and easier? i see changing to either cfw is feasible.
I personally use Luma and will suggest it to anyone who asks me what cfw they should use. That beeing said I honestly never tryed RxTools before because it was kind of dead when I started hacking my 3ds. So if you liked RxTools you should also read the link I gave you and test out both and then decide which coffers your needs. With a9lh switching cfw got quiet simple. You just need to switch the arm9loaderhax.bin

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I exit a GBA game and then power off, my 3DS hangs, and I have to hold the power button to shut it off. Is there any way around this?

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain the situation involving different versions of this CFW? Astro's version? Hamcha's? Am I understanding correctly that others' have put their own work into improving this CFW while Aurora Wright is gone? Which version is the best? I'm using the most recent commit found HERE.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain the situation involving different versions of this CFW? Astro's version? Hamcha's? Am I understanding correctly that others' have put their own work into improving this CFW while Aurora Wright is gone? Which version is the best? I'm using the most recent commit found HERE.
I don't know about Hamcha's, but as far as I know, Astro is just compiling the latest Luma commit so people don't have to wait for an official release.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Hamcha and I both made different versions of a luma updater, we didn't make our own versions of this CFW. My site which you linked is just a front-end for a homeserver that checks out and builds the latest commit every time it's updated.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I'm stumped. I'm not sure what is causing this, but none of my downloads work in sleep mode. When I choose download later, exit eShop, and close the system, my apps do not download. What is the reason for this? >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4