Status
Not open for further replies.

Galewin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After I read the FAQ and I asked my question on the reddit without any success, I post my problem here.

Since I swapped from cakes to Luma, something like one or two months ago, I got two black icons on my home menu that crash my 3ds when launched. They are apparently the camera applet, and the "instruction manual" that got an icon on my menu for some reasons.

More details below, it's the thread I made, and the one of another person with exactly the same problem as me :
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...ng_qa_general_dont_leave_us_for_wii_u/d2s9fh6
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4jm09o/3dshacking_qa_general_introversion_edition/d3bd99c

Thanks in advance for the answers.

opmas

Trophies
XP
Country
I successfully installed this on my 03ds EUR.... How can I make the USA .cia to work? I tried to install a megaman game but when I boot it, it just freezes on the 3ds logo. How do I activate the region patching to play US cia?

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I successfully installed this on my 03ds EUR.... How can I make the USA .cia to work? I tried to install a megaman game but when I boot it, it just freezes on the 3ds logo. How do I activate the region patching to play US cia?
Did you get it with CIAngel or something like it?
Then you have to get your hands on a seeddb.bin that contains the decryption key for the game, and use Decrypt9 to do a deep decrypt on the CIA before installing it if it is out of reagion.
If it is your region simply visit the e-shop page of the game to get the seed and the game will start.

opmas

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought there is a simple way where I can just load US.cia for it to work.

Can I still update the emunand to the latest firmware via system settings?

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Create a "locales" folder inside SD:/luma/, and one .txt for each game, with the title id of the game (look them up on 3dsdb.com). The txt must be exactly 6 characters long: 3 for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN"), a space, and two for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW"). You can enable the feature globally in the config menu. This should also finally make DLCs for foreign games work.
-4chan anon

oh perhaps I was wrong
oh well

Last edited by Thelostrune,

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Can I still update the emunand to the latest firmware via system settings?
emunand yes that should always work and with the last commit you can use all online features.
sysnand just if you have a9lh without it no. ^^

You can google seeddb.bin with the gamename and should be able to find it if you loaded it with CIAngel.
CIAngel gets you the e-shop version, gamecart or uncarted versions should work without decryption.

Nintendo4DSXL

Pokémon-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello i can´t use Home Menu Updates or Download in Standby or Friendlist i always get the error that i have to Update.
11.0 and Luma3DS 5.4

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
is there a new update out guys ? i play fe:fates and when i try to update my data in it i get an error code and it says 'for this option a system update is required' i am on 10.7

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Last edited by leonmagnus99,

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Is this an eShop game? If so u need to go to the eShop, search the game and "repair" it.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
to be more specific on the FE:Fates error it states this after i try to use the 'update data' function in the game.

Error Code: 002-0119 In order to use this service, a system update is required.
To perform a system update ******etc.

how come it wont work? i do not have any tubehax dns set.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to be more specific on the FE:Fates error it states this after i try to use the 'update data' function in the game.

Just do as @astronautlevel suggested and update to the latest Luma build from his website, it will fix your issue.

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France

With the latest luma build https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm