• Views 2,478,837
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't make that mistake again on burnt disc loading as they fixed it in later hardware reversions of the wii

You probably need to burn a specific optical media in a spceific way to make it to be recognized byt the console; in the old Wii old optical readers firmware was able to support the command set to read "normal" CDs/DVDs (so you can also use old Wiis to read CDs/DVDs) while in later firmware N removed the support to those commands making "backup discs" unreadable by the reader itself; they probably did the same in the SATA WiiU optical drive (yes, it should be a "normal" SATA drive with a custom connector; I know someone connected it to a PC using a custom made adapter but no other infos available).

D

Deleted User

You probably need to burn a specific optical media in a spceific way to make it to be recognized byt the console; in the old Wii old optical readers firmware was able to support the command set to read "normal" CDs/DVDs (so you can also use old Wiis to read CDs/DVDs) while in later firmware N removed the support to those commands making "backup discs" unreadable by the reader itself; they probably did the same in the SATA WiiU optical drive (yes, it should be a "normal" SATA drive with a custom connector; I know someone connected it to a PC using a custom made adapter but no other infos available).

If its a software related security, then an IOSU hack would fix this. There are many ideas that can be done to enable online play if we have an IOSU hack, other than that I guess its limited. But I got another suggestion:

How about we create our own Mii Maker server with its protocol (Reverse Engineering + Packet Sniffing) and make the Wii U connect to it and that server would redirect the connection to the original server of the game (Depending on the game of course)? Then our FAKE Mii Maker server would pass the packets in and out of it, so its like a messenger between the game's server and the Wii U which thinks its connecting to a Mii Maker server.

We can force the Wii U to connect to OUR Mii Maker server rather than the original using a custom DNS server.

For example: We load Splatoon using Loadiine, it would connect to OUR Mii Maker server, our server sends the packets sent by the Wii U to the original Splatoon server, and receives the packets sent by the original Splatoon server and passes them to the Wii U, that's like a direct connection between our Wii U and Splatoon server.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Deleted User

Kit Ballard

Compress the Magic, focus my thoughts...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm guessing right, like my last post, each game loads the online scripts in different memory locations. So, if the Boot Strap (Splash screen with music) doesn't match the memory location of the RPX executable, it'll error code. Might not work like what you're thinking, since we'd might have to find all the Online load memory script locations for each game... but then again, I could be wrong also as I'm just guessing from what I've seen (still should test out that Smash launch with Smash Loadiine lol)

Last edited by Kit Ballard,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

With an IOSU hack you CANNOT modify the optical drive firmware.

Depends on the access given by the exploit. Can you emulate the SD card to be read as if it was a disc for example? If arbitrary code can be executed, then anything can be done.

Kit Ballard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he has a point mate. Firemware for a CD drive can be emulated, but it can not be modified without an external source, such as a computer. See xbox 360 mods for a rather great example. So, unless we can rip out the drive and wipe it, that sucker's not gonna read any disk we make.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the access given by the exploit. Can you emulate the SD card to be read as if it was a disc for example? If arbitrary code can be executed, then anything can be done.
You are wrong. Actual electronic devices (probably also WiiU optical drive) have (usually) encrypted firmware so you cannot modify it if you do not know how to decrypt/re-encrypt it (optical drive firmware is made by the optical drive producer, not by Nintendo). An example: no one was able to substitute the old Wii optical drive firmware (no, WODE is not a new firmware for the Wii optical drive).

Last edited by asper,

Hucet_James

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube Wavebirds controllers do not work with Loadiine-nightly-195aaab (It did previously worked with the 0.2 public beta release.

Edit: I tried several other nightly releases and same problem, the wavebird controller is on and recognized but I can't interact with anything. A regular GC controller is working fine.

The thing is I wanted to update my current version of Loadiine gx2 to see if some games were much more handled, it turned out the Wavebird controllers worked and are no longer working with the update.

Last edited by Hucet_James,

AG_FLT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sounds to me like you're actually not using a non-connected NNID account @AG_FLT , as the freeze at the "Auto Save" notice is actually because of the game attempting to connect online but freezing since it some how calls a NNID Online script in MiiMaker mode that fails to prok right. But that's all I know about Mii Maker mode, since I never felt like making a second, non-NNID account. I also use Uniqe save mode while launching from smash. Have you tried using Same save mode with the non-NNID account? Just an option. Lastly, while there haven't been many reports aside my own, I'd try atleast Nightly 0703597 as it was the last version that worked for me.
I also tried that, stating with the word "different Nintendo user profiles". Also I've tried the version, I am still researching the solution

AG_FLT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I also tried that, stating with the word "different Nintendo user profiles". Also I've tried the version, I am still researching the solution
I had removed all Nintendo user accounts just now and it still froze on the Auto-save icon

D

Deleted User

You are wrong. Actual electronic devices (probably also WiiU optical drive) have (usually) encrypted firmware so you cannot modify it if you do not know how to decrypt/re-encrypt it (optical drive firmware is made by the optical drive producer, not by Nintendo). An example: no one was able to substitute the old Wii optical drive firmware (no, WODE is not a new firmware for the Wii optical drive).

What do we care about the firmware of the optical drive? Can't we see the driver (Module) communication between the IOSU kernel and the optical drive (If we have the IOSU exploit of course)? Can't it be debugged?

Kit Ballard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do we care about the firmware of the optical drive? Can't we see the driver (Module) communication between the IOSU kernel and the optical drive (If we have the IOSU exploit of course)? Can't it be debugged?
Might I ask you read up on how to pirate on the Xbox 360. The only entrypoint for the console, side from soldering stuff, is through the Dvd drive's Firmware, which has to be wiped and re-ritten via a pc. It is going to be the same exact thing here if we want to have the Dvd drive to read som'in we've burned. We would have to rip the drive, wipe the firmware and re-write our own. Nothing console side will tell it otherwise what to read and what not to read. Firmware is what tells the console "This is what's here" not the console. So, all in all, no. no console side mods will "fix" a Dvd Firmware to do what we want.

D

Deleted User

If its a software related security, then an IOSU hack would fix this. There are many ideas that can be done to enable online play if we have an IOSU hack, other than that I guess its limited. But I got another suggestion:

How about we create our own Mii Maker server with its protocol (Reverse Engineering + Packet Sniffing) and make the Wii U connect to it and that server would redirect the connection to the original server of the game (Depending on the game of course)? Then our FAKE Mii Maker server would pass the packets in and out of it, so its like a messenger between the game's server and the Wii U which thinks its connecting to a Mii Maker server.

We can force the Wii U to connect to OUR Mii Maker server rather than the original using a custom DNS server.

For example: We load Splatoon using Loadiine, it would connect to OUR Mii Maker server, our server sends the packets sent by the Wii U to the original Splatoon server, and receives the packets sent by the original Splatoon server and passes them to the Wii U, that's like a direct connection between our Wii U and Splatoon server.
Why not post this on the IOSU thread too?

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MiiMaker doesn't even bother connecting to any onlineservers, hence the errormessages would come either way. The app has disables all network interaction asside from friendslist.

Also even if it did, Nintendo could probably detect the middleman as it IS the client in the end, which would at least mean a mac-mismatch. If they don't check for that stuff, good. If they do, might aswell rename your NNID-Mii "Ben'mei Pleasington"

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
The pressed discs the U uses are very different from a normal cd/dvd/br disc. You can visually see differences just by looking at them and I doubt a true 1:1 copy will ever be possible and the media to ever be attainable.

Kit Ballard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why people are so keen to have online connectivity when we should be blocking the Nintendo servers through DNS anyway.
There's a couple games that excels better at being online. Like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon (Specially Splatoon. Offline is SO boring D=).. a couple more maybe..

Reactions: Jackall4BDN
D

Deleted User

MiiMaker doesn't even bother connecting to any onlineservers, hence the errormessages would come either way. The app has disables all network interaction asside from friendslist.

Also even if it did, Nintendo could probably detect the middleman as it IS the client in the end, which would at least mean a mac-mismatch. If they don't check for that stuff, good. If they do, might aswell rename your NNID-Mii "Ben'mei Pleasington"

Mii Maker is not executed when using Loadiine, its not important what Mii Maker does, as long as it has a server to connect to. Didn't Loadiine devs say that the problem was that the Wii U thinks its using Mii Maker which leads it to connecting to its server whenever a connection is needed?

I'm not sure why people are so keen to have online connectivity when we should be blocking the Nintendo servers through DNS anyway.

Does the Wii U connect to Nintendo's servers before it goes online?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quote me there if you want, I don't know where that thread is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head