ROM Hack .WUD with Loadiine, WUP Installer GX2...

Guillaume3DSHK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone.
I'm having trouble finding my way through the mountains of information shared for years, so here's my problem: I hacked my Wii U with Tiramisu, and I used the "Wii U USB Helper" software to Install games there. Unfortunately, COD Ghosts and BO2 are not there, and I found only .wux files that I decompressed with "WudCompress". I then decompiled these files with "Uwizard", but impossible to install them with "Wup Installer GX2". Is it possible where did I go wrong?

So I tried using "Loadiine" and it worked, but the loading time is very long.

My questions are:
-Is it possible to install these games directly on the home screen without using software to launch them?
-Is it possible to use WUP Installer GX2 to install them on my hard drive?
-Does Loadiine install games or does it only read the SD card?
-Is there a more recent solution that I haven't thought of?

Thank you very much for the help of this forum!

(I specify that WUP Installer GX2 does not recognize the game file in the SD/Install folder, so I moved the file to SD/wiiu/games for Loadiine)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
used the "Wii U USB Helper" software
That software is unmaintained since years and misses many titles. Better use one of these:
https://github.com/Xpl0itU/WiiUDownloader/releases/latest
https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/releases/latest

Keep in mind that some games wheren't available on the eshop and that all these downloaders download from the eShop servers through.

Is it possible where did I go wrong?
After your transformation work you should have a bunch of .app and .h3 files as well as a title.tik, a title.tmd and a title.cert file. Is this the case? If so these should be installable and this might be a bug in WUP Installer but that's unmaintained since years, too, so try NUSspli instead (see link above).

-Does Loadiine install games or does it only read the SD card?
It reads from the SD card only, that's why it's so slow and why you should avoid it.

Guillaume3DSHK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That software is unmaintained since years and misses many titles. Better use one of these:

Keep in mind that some games wheren't available on the eshop and that all these downloaders download from the eShop servers through.

After your transformation work you should have a bunch of .app and .h3 files as well as a title.tik, a title.tmd and a title.cert file. Is this the case? If so these should be installable and this might be a bug in WUP Installer but that's unmaintained since years, too, so try NUSspli instead (see link above).

It reads from the SD card only, that's why it's so slow and why you should avoid it.
Thank you for your information !

I'm really lost between old tutorials and new software... However I managed to install my games, I thought that writing my manipulations could help someone like me in the future so here they are (I had summarized the steps so as not to forget them initially, I have no skills):

WARNING: All files must be in the same directory when using them, otherwise the software does not work!
Part 1) Decompression
.wux -> .wud = Software "WudCompress" (drag the game.wux on "WudCompress.exe" and wait, a .wud file will be created)

Part 2) Decompilation for WupInstallerGX2
.wud -> .wup = Software "Wup2App"
Path to follow:
game.wud: rename to "game.wud"
Title key: create a game.key file ("titlekey" copy/paste in HxD and save in Int16, reading becomes impossible with Notepad)
Common key: create a file (only once) common.key (copy/paste in HxD and save Int16, reading becomes impossible with Notepad)
Launching "open_cmd.bat" ("Wup2App" software directory)
Copy/paste the text "wud2app.exe common.key game.key game.wud" into the command that appears, then press enter
Rename the resulting folder to "Game title [title number]". Example: "Call of Duty Ghosts [ACPP52]" (title number visible in "meta.xml" if decompiling with Uwizard, exclusive to emulators)

Place the game folder in SD://Install, then install normally with WupInstallerGX2."

---

Well, so my manipulations are not up to date since these are old versions, thank you for your links and your answer (I was afraid that someone would answer me "look on Google, everyone asked the same question", I'm going to go see it all.

Last edited by Guillaume3DSHK,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Guillaume3DSHK

Guillaume3DSHK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, i'll try it !

EDIT: Wup Installer GX2 was freezing during the installation of Call of Duty - Ghosts, maybe the package was too much huge, but NUSspli look to work well, i love this easy interface.

I'll give news tomorrow, thanks for your help :D

Guillaume3DSHK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, so Wup Installer GX2 didn't work so i uder Nusspli and it's amazing, the installation worked very well for Call of Duty Ghosts sot thanks for yours advice !
(but multiplayer don't work, the game send me on the eShop, and a message like "nothing found" appears)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?